50. A month
585 20 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

¨Man this sucks, when are you going to finally stop bothering me¨ I am furious. These scumbags are keeping me from going home for over a month already.

Not to mention they abuse me and work me off as a slave. Like… I was this close to murdering all of them at least five times already.

¨Rose, we made you stronger, gave you equipment, let you change your class and you are still complaining?¨ Bent… that fucker. No matter what he says it sounds like you always wanted to hear it. I cannot believe I almost fell in love with this prick. Well I got used to his charm whatever bullshit he has… nowhere near insane as what I had to go trough to even speak to that stupid rat.

¨Is it not what you always wanted?¨ Well yes. But I never wanted to work for free and power level forty man raid. Especially not for the purpose of hunting someone who literally saved my life.

¨Fuck you!¨ I really, really hate him… we are literally fighting a boss on floor fifteen right now… while having this stupid conversation.

Well to be specific only I am and Bent. The rest of the group is watching us and waiting their turn.

This floor is insane. If I had to say a single word to describe this stupid floor it would’ve been very easy, because only madness would suffice.

The entire floor is made to be a labyrinth full of traps and obviously monsters… but that’s not all. It also is completely random. Literally… madness.

Probably the worst floor excluding floor forty and past that.

No one ever reached the middle so far.

Apparently the highest ranked raider in the world tried couple of times and almost succeeded only for the labyrinth to reshape at the last possible moment. Well who cares. I sure as hell don’t. Why bother.

We are abusing this floor for power leveling. I have been at this for entire month. If we don’t end this shit soon I swear to god… oh well.

It was about to kill this stupid boss monster, only to get stopped by Bent.

¨Rose! This isn’t for you. Don’t be selfish¨ Yeah, yeah. I know… is it the healer turn now? Right?

¨Healer right?¨ A small nod from Bent was all I needed. I have kicked the huge shadow minotaur close to the healer. All he had to do was smack it once with his staff. Which he did.

¨Thank you¨

Sure… why not. I wouldn’t even mind if it weren’t for the fact there are fucking forty of you and we are literally doing it for the whole month already… urgh. At least I maxed out my skills with the last fight.

¨Rose? Wasn’t it fun? That last swing of his axe was so cool! I wish I was this good with an axe…¨

Sure you do… sure… this fucking bastard is like textbook assassin and a cunning politician. I sure as hell don’t believe him at all. Like he doesn’t even take the fights seriously anymore.

Well he did receive the most of the power leveling so I guess…

I mean I am one to talk… this so called boss is like a toddler that I can toy with. Fucking unbelievable how much power I got from the terror spider.

Now that I even grinded out my skills from the new class…

I still somewhat cannot believe that I got my hands on the rarest class that I wanted. I will never forget the rush I got from knowing what I can pick.

However there were few weird classes… Better hope the diviner keeps his mouth shut about those!

Queen of Blades is probably the rarest class I could’ve ever dreamed to get and I managed to get it so soon after my first raid.

The best part is, it isn’t even the last class and the classes that get unlocked are not even archived yet. Yes!

Still it sucks to be doing this mindless work.

¨Everyone, I was just informed that we are out of supplies. So obviously our little trip ends now¨ Oh it looks like I am not the only one hoping for ending this… seeing all of the happy faces after this news. Finally.

¨Let us go back to the deep city and rest. Take some days off and enjoy all that the deep city has to offer but don’t try to leave the dungeon. The ban to leave or enter still isn’t lifted¨

Urgh… after what he said we all went on our way to the closest circle… fucking hell… when can I leave? I really don’t want to stay anymore.

However I understand that I simply cannot go against royalty… that would be suicide. I just have to play by the rules. Being strong doesn’t mean being immortal.

We got lucky and we didn’t face any reshape so we got straight trough to the closest circle and without any delay went trough.

¨Alright everyone… I will take care of important matters outside and you all will have to stay here for some time. I will be back as soon as possible I promise¨

Everyone, me included wasn’t really interested. We knew too well that he wouldn’t give a shit about the ban since he is the one who made it in the first place.

So what will I do for now? I should probably sleep in a proper bed after so long and even take a nice shower. Heck anything ladylike or I will turn into a complete savage. I am damn sure I smell pretty bad… really fuck you Bent.

I am even lucky that I don’t care as much but there were more than one girl in the raid and I can already tell that they are surely thinking the same.

Bent went away and we kinda scattered. Few formed groups were noticeable but a loner or two wasn’t that rare to spot. Me included obviously.

It isn’t like I wouldn’t enjoy socializing but the situation as a whole made it really awkward for me. I imagine it could be the same for them to interact with me. Well no time for useless things. It is time for me to take a shower get new clothes and eat good food.

Both visually and internally I have been neglected. I have been on a ratio food for a while. Not going to pass the chance to get some proper food.

Now… we got a chance to scout the city a month ago so I was a bit familiar.

Not really that much but I already knew where to go. There was a really good and luxurious hotel for the rich. Who cares when you have a free pass for anything you want. We at least got that privilege from Bent.

It didn’t really take me long to reach the place. The city was bustling at all times as usual. Really people living there their whole lives are crazy but I admit that I envy them a bit. I have never seen a more beautiful and clean city than this one. In fact maybe even the safest, despite the unbelievable placement.

It does make one think how is this possible. Oh well.

I have entered the lobby. The service is great and all but I was a bit too impatient. I basically rushed everything and was in a room in a flash. I swear I don’t even remember who I talked with… haha.

The room has amazing view into the depths of the expanse and everything in the room was simply too luxurious. A small bar included. It was large too but I didn’t really care about the details and was already naked and on my way to take the shower.

Man… this is it. This is the best. I missed this so much.

What do I do from now on though? I am really getting sick of being pushed around by Bent and his lackeys. Wait? Am I not one of his stupid lackeys as well? Fuck!

Well yeah… I need to think of something. What if they really make me fight Felix? I don’t want that but I wouldn’t let him just murder everyone… wait what the hell am I thinking.

The mere idea that he could kill them all is absurd. It would be absurd even before but now… surely there is no way.

I might have overdone it with the tempo. I was even kinda doing it a lot slower than  I could have.

Just to pay back a little but… it still was a ridiculous pace.

I highly doubt any of them is lower than level five hundred. Probably even more.

Well it would’ve been too obvious if I didn’t murder everything comfortably so I guess there was no helping it. After all it would be really bad if they started questioning me again with the truth crystal.

I doubt they would let me lie and get away with it.

So… what do I really want to do about all this? Despite all my bitching I was really having fun and if it weren’t forced on me I think I would be really happy grinding out my skills and getting so much experience in fighting monsters.

That is a big reason why I am also grateful to Bent. Well also the infinite spending he provides us within the deep city is also really helpful.

He is really likeable person overall. I think I got to know him relatively well and he isn’t someone evil per say. So why would he go about and try to murder a monster that is literally saving people lives?

There has to be a reason and I doubt he will tell us since he didn’t so far.

I do suspect that he might not be after Felix that much lately though. I think that if he really was… we would go so differently about it and definitely not spend so much time power leveling.

I am sure he has other motives. Maybe even more than one.

The worst about it is that I also think I am included in his scheme. I do not like to be a pawn for someone that doesn’t even have the decency of telling me about it. Oh well.

This is what I needed so much. I am currently drinking a beer after the shower while looking at the amazing spectacle. The mana down there is really beautiful. I don’t think I have ever seen more magnificent barrier either.

I cannot easily decide what to do… so I will use this time to relax as much as possible. This infinite courtesy will end some day and then I will probably never ever approach even close to this luxury again.

For some reason I also cannot stop thinking about the rat. The day he saved me I nearly killed him and he was definitely so weak back then. Yet he still managed to kill a monster way above his league. Just what kind of secrets does he have? I am sure that Bent wasn’t kidding when he said rat killing that spider is mathematically impossible. But it happened.

Well thanks to that I live… Hahahah.

Felix. Whatever you are doing right now. I really hope you are not slacking.

I really hope. Because we are not.

And we are coming.

Soon.

15