52. New friend
568 17 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One thing I noticed is that she is insanely hyper. She just cannot fucking chill at all. Like it seems very similar to the rainbow butterfly from before.

How am I supposed to think how to get Aelin with me if I simply cannot focus with this thing going around the place like mad?

¨Well of course master! I am bored¨ She was very far away like more than hundred meters away when she said that and I still could clearly hear her. It also took her only a split second to get right above my head...

¨Well you think too much!! And it is BOOOOOORING! Let us go on an adventure. Let us explore the world. Come oooon!!! ¨

Man… what the hell are you really?

¨You can simply think about me as one of your powers or skills. Don’t think too much about it and lets goooooooo! ¨

She is circling over my head with insane speed. She really cannot stand just staying around and not doing much… well not that I give a fuck!

I do what I want and if she wouldn’t even tell me what the fuck is she. Well I don’t see the point to listen to her cries.

She can pout and rage all she want… I don’t care. Not my problem.

She then came into a sudden halt. Almost rammed directly into my eye…

¨You are such a MEANIE!!! ¨ Eh… god! I DON’T HAVE TIME FOR THIS! I want to continue delving deeper too but I want to bring Aelin with me… wait I didn’t even ask her? Anyways I don’t know how and I am lost so shut it unless you have a solution.

¨Ooooh I just realized. So that’s the reason why we cannot go on adventure! ¨

I saw another of those smirks of hers… at the same time I just realized that Aelin was having a conversation of her own… I should’ve listened a bit at least but it is fine I guess.

¨Felix this creature is amusing! She understands me perfectly! I like her! ¨

God… did you fall for the little trickster so easily? Well… I guess winning over Aelin would be as simple as telling dragons are the best and or you are so magnificent master! Haha good thing those don’t work on me!

¨Are you sure master? You also like to be complimented…¨ Well who wouldn’t like it but what I meant is that it wouldn’t affect my judgment that whatever you are it is abnormal and potentially dangerous!

¨Eeeh!! You worry too much! Just enjoy my presence and btw the shy child can fix your problem! ¨ What do you mean?

¨Well what do I mean? Hmm… I wonder… I shouldn’t be saying that but I sort of know things about my children I guess. Well I am sure they will work it out themselves¨

Fuck you! You can read my mind but you wouldn’t tell me shit! That’s not how partners do things! Oh well! Who cares. She still has this smirk… man she does know how to get on my nerves. Considering that she wanted to be partners I sure as hell don’t think she tries hard enough for me to consider her that!

¨Felix my fairy told me that we can travel together. She can make me smaller and that’s not all! She is useful and funny. I can travel with you! ¨

I am one hundred percent sure that she is happy! I guess that’s a good thing but god… I feel like we are going to rush things. Oh well… my main issue was somehow solved by this bullshit so we can just go deeper I guess. Still I cannot shake this feeling that it is exactly what this creature wants!

¨Well and you are right master! But we started on a wrong note! I am your partner… I wish you only the best and I will surely be of use to you! Please trust me. Other children get their names from their partners but I got a name by the system. I am Aine. Nice to meet you Felix¨

So system acknowledged this creature literally at her birth? That seems a bit unfair but SURE! SURE! I had to evolve multiple times and risk my hide to even be able to do that and she can just get a name like this! Ha! Justice I guess…

¨What are you talking about master? Obviously it is because you are so special and because I am the first of my kind in this world. Don’t belittle yourself. You can name anyone you want and it would be immediately acknowledged by the system. Besides the name I have is probably because of you! Anyways I like my name and nice to meet you¨

She seems genuinely trying to be nice this time so that’s a bit weird… I mean compared to how she acts sometimes. Regardless I am sure that she really is something bound to me… I can clearly feel it… I think I could even sever that link. Maybe… I could’ve damaged my own soul in the process but might be worth trying.

¨YOU CANNOT!! MEANIE! BULLY!!! AAAAAA¨ She started to cry. Like hardcore. She is devastated and even forgot to fly and smashed into the ground. Still crying.

¨Why are you so mean! We are meant to be together! Why is everyone so mean to us! We only wanted to be friends. We never meant anyone to be hurt. Sniff. ¨

Oh? I guess I am being a huge dick but who can blame me being cautious? The creature literally bound my soul to hers for whatever reason and she also did it very fast. Who knows what scheme does she want to achieve. However I do feel bad for her. I don’t think that what she is doing now is fake at all. Whatever she is talking about is probably real. Well okay OKAY! I am not heartless bastard. Fuck me.

¨Okay okay! Don’t cry. I am sorry. I promise you I wouldn’t ever do it. Okay? Please don’t cry¨ Well maybe I should’ve said that to myself seeing as Aelin is pretty much confused what would I even do to her to make her cry. I also am pretty sure that Aelin has a fairy that probably don’t read her mind. Don’t know if she cannot or if my fairy Is special but I am sure Aelin wouldn’t talk out loud to her all the time if she could speak within the mind.

¨Felix what did you do to her? I can even see her and hear her crying right in front of you? Did you hurt her? ¨ OH COME ON! YOU DIRTY! SO NOW YOU SHOW YOURSELF! I EVEN ALREADY APOLOGIZED !!!!!!!!!!! I shouldn’t have promised you anything.

I could’ve sworn Aelin is both disappointed and pissed. WELL THANK YOU FOR THAT AINE!

¨Well that’s what you get for being so mean to me! I never hurt you and you would just abandon me. I cannot survive without you! Please help me and my kind. We are nice when you get to know us! I promise you wouldn’t regret it… please Felix. Master! ¨ Well and of course Aelin couldn’t see that or hear that. I am sure she hid again. Even started to fly again… oh well.

¨Sure, sure… I promised already. I wouldn’t do that. I am just mad that you wouldn’t tell me anything about yourself and it is scary to be bound to someone… I will give you a chance though. Sorry again and let us be really friends now. Well partners¨ Well I wouldn’t really abandon her… not without a proper reason at least. I can also generally tell if she is honest to me or not. That scene where she was devastated was definitely not fake. I can tell. Probably the link we got. Anyways when I think about it I don’t think she lied to me a single time yet. I don’t think she deserve to be treated this way from me just because she is a bit creepy. Well and even that is only when she laughs… that smirk of hers also a bit.

I was sure that she would know about all of my inner thoughts so I guess she would be happy about this and I was right. She is so simple like a child. She also needed to be acknowledged I guess. Sure. It is a bit forced but why not. She managed to grow on me already in this short time and she basically fixed my biggest problem right now so I actually like her!

¨I am glad master. We can finally move past this phase and enjoy lives full of fun together. Please be nice to me like you are now. ¨

She got to her normal state of being hyper af… haha she wouldn’t be kept down for long I guess. That’s more like it. Okay. Let me confirm if what Aelin said is true. Before I could I was shocked. This is ridiculous.

¨Aelin? What?! ¨ Aelin was currently about the same size as Aine and I think she could also see her. Well I was sure because they were next to each other and Aine hugged her.

¨That’s right my child. That’s how you get along with your master. Let us finally goo!!! ¨

I am sure that is not a normal size changer… they fused together and Aelin became fairy herself? Well she wasn’t kidding that’s probably ultimate levels of shy… because Aelin is the fairy currently? Haha! Anyways technically she wasn’t lying. She did indeed got smaller… hahhahaha.

¨This is so much fun Felix. Lets go! ¨

Well at least she is having fun. I can tell that she got way faster than she were before so I guess that’s the main culprit… are all fairies this hyper? Even Aelin seems to change a bit.

Oh well. I don’t mind that much. Lets go then. Floor seven get ready for this team. Or better yet don’t! hahaha.

Well because of me we couldn’t just fly over the mountain straight to the entrance and we had to take the longer way around. Sorry that I cannot fly okay?!

Not that I would care but seeing as we all can fly except me for now it is a bit… well depressing. Doesn’t matter! I am awesome the way I am!

¨You are right master. But you belittle yourself again. Oh well you will realize one day¨ Well it does feel nice to have someone complimenting you so that’s good. Not sure why would I be belittling myself right now but okay.

She had her typical smirk… well she can read my mind so that’s okay I guess. She knows more than me that’s for sure.

It didn’t take us that long and I noticed that when we were going past the elementals they noticed us. I forgot to conceal us. Well no biggie. But what was even more curious was that I could’ve sworn Aine was extremely disappointed. She was looking at the approaching elementals so I guess it is linked with that? Hm… really interesting. Anyways I don’t want to deal with these small fry creatures so I erased us.

¨Thank you master, now we can focus on the more important things. Lets goo!! ¨

Hm… well eventually I will know. We were shortly before the sense cutting entrance into floor seven. I wonder what the theme will be. Honestly I cannot tell at all. Right now I can only see a boring entrance. No matter we would know shortly after passing it. So lets go.

Floor seven here we go. We passed through the entrance and were going past the tunnel.

We were still concealed but I could already tell that this floor Is weird. I was doing the sense scouting but I could’ve sworn this floor is empty. Odd af? It is also insanely huge. And then I noticed. There is a single spawn point in the middle of the expanse and above it a gigantic monstrosity. If I had to compare it to something on earth it feels like a mantis? At least the senses are telling me that for now. Eh that’s a big mantis.

¨Interesting master. Shall we kill it? Shall we? ¨ She was a bit amused by the thoughts about fighting it but I don’t want to needlessly risk it and also despite having no doubts that Aelin could probably kill it by herself I don’t want to just murder everything I see. This mantis seemed somewhat special as well. Most likely a boss. And overall this floor Is weird. I cannot guarantee that there is only that single spawn point but so far most likely it is that way. So this floor spawns only boss level monsters? That’s my biggest hunch right now.

¨I understand master. We shall not be murdering everything we see. I LIKE YOU EVEN MORE! ¨ She was having this huge smirk.

¨Excuse me but can you undo your concealment trick? And Aelin please could you briefly show to that creature? Only for a moment is fine. Then we can proceed past this boring floor¨

¨Sure thing. No problem. ¨ She was weirdly cooperating easily… maybe too easily.

What the fuck? Did you do anything?

¨Well it is only natural your children listen to you and Aelin is a good girl¨

A little pause…

¨HIHIHIHIHIHIIHIHIHIHIHIHIHIHIHIHIHIIHIHIIHIHIIHIHIHIIHIHIHIHIIHIHIHIHIIHIH¨

You know what. I am not even surprised. I guess because they fused they are somewhat both the fairy and Aelin. Okay makes sense to me. But why did you send her to show to the boss mantis over there?

¨Well that is only natural for us fairies. Well my child over there needs a bit help from Aelin because she is shy… but overall we love to show ourselves to others. Or at least we like to be known by everyone. So master please help me so that we can befriend everyone in this world. ¨

????.... I mean sure. You like to be known. Okay. I can do that if I have the chance. No biggie.

But it is still weird. Oh well. I am sure I will know eventually.

And I was starting to get more and more clues because when I noticed that Aelin reached the range of the mantis and then backed out…. I could’ve sworn that there was the weird mana shift around the mantis boss!!!

DID YOU JUST SPREAD? Just because the mantis saw Aelin? WOW!

¨Yes master. We like to be seen, heard, smelled, felt or even just heard about! Anything really will do. Even thinking about us is enough. So thank you again master. You are probably the only who could’ve spread our love left in this world. HIHIHI¨ Man I might’ve unleashed something scary upon this world.

¨Master. Don’t worry. We really are a nice bunch. We are also really dependant on our friends. We would never betray them. I promise¨

Well seeing her this serious and honest about something is really cute and I like her like this a lot.

¨Anyways lets go… this is a boring floor! ¨

Haha. Okay lets go.

Floor eight here we go.

20