54. Madness
542 12 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I have been successfully saved by Aine from the onslaught of mini devils…

Man… I was seriously contemplating eating them. In fact I think that could’ve been the main reason Aine stepped in and dispersed them away from me.

It might have been a joke but she wasn’t taking any chances and admittedly they were getting on my nerves. Not that I would hate attention or socialization in general but they were legit annoying af.

¨Come on master… they cannot help it. They were just born and who can blame them trying to befriend you! You are just that amazing!! ¨

When I think about it… I wouldn’t probably do it but then why would she disperse them so quickly? Are you perhaps trying to hide something away from me?

¨No…! I was just taking your feelings into consideration. Really! ¨

Hmm… as if you did that any time before. I tried to properly focus and then I noticed something absurd. HA! So that was it? I mean I don’t mind. In fact I love this. If I understand it correctly that’s only an advantage for me?

I noticed that they are all my followers. Including Aine and whatever the name of fairy from Aelin.

After a while I even confirmed the fairy of the mantis was my follower as well and to my surprise even the mantis itself became my follower.

I didn’t even notice but I was sure after I focused on the link provided by the faith. I also noticed something really displeasing… over half of my followers were dead.

About seventy percent? That’s fucking pissing me off!!!

Before i even realize it I started releasing a lot more of my aura than ever before and it was not pleasant for anyone nearby.

It took me quite a while to notice what I am doing to everyone around me and without Aelin I think it would took even longer.

¨FELIX!!!!! ¨ She was really loud and it was similar to the thunder roar to before in the oath she did to me. It made me aware of situation immediately.

I am usually not hateful like this but this pissed me off greatly and somewhat influenced the aura that I was producing.

I guess it makes sense that if I am angry it isn’t all fluffy feeling but this was beyond that. It almost reminded me of the time before when I was talking to Rose.

Holy shit when I think about it… that might’ve been the reason she acted so fucking weird. Like she almost pissed herself and was legit constrained by the aura itself. I guess seeing Candace killer first hand shook me more than I thought.

I probably cared a lot more than I wanted to admit. It was only natural that my first friend in this life died just like that and also indirectly because of me!

Fucking stupid of me to not even realize that was happening.

Anyways the new knowledge of my followers dying like flies is extremely anger inducing for me.

I don’t even properly understand why and it almost feel unreal to me but something inside of me is screaming hatred.

Did I care about them that much? Maybe this is something because of my followers being connected to me? Regardless it is affecting me more than anything else until this point.

I wasn’t even that much scared when I noticed a dragon on the floor forty but more curious and baffled. Admittedly I would have to be crazy to not be cautious but it wasn’t affecting my judgment at all despite the insane situation. This however is straight up affecting me both mentally and physically.

I feel bad on a physical level. Similar to tummy ache when I was stressed as a human.

Happened quite a bit actually.

Mostly before a job interview or in public places when I had to present something. Still it is quite different but in short it just displeased me greatly.

It isn’t even that I wouldn’t be able to ignore it or get used to it but I don’t want to. I want to do something about it! I guess something inside of me is taking it very seriously. More so than I ever would.

URGH! This sucks. What the hell can I do about it?! I simply cannot protect everyone personally and honestly I wouldn’t even want to bother doing something so mindless.

But I knew. There was something I could do, I just have to get stronger and then I can protect everyone just by sharing my power.

Faith power is the answer to all of my current problems. I get more and I can help more, that simple.

Alright that’s it. I can tell the monsters are all waking up and starting to interact with their fairies. Funnily enough they might be smarter than their masters at this point.

No need to wait anymore. I am sure they will handle it just fine. I need to go deeper and get more followers. I decided that I will get as many as possible.

Finally I understood how Aine feels. Despite probably my goal is a bit more selfish… in nature it is similar.

I could clearly still see them quite shook from before… even the other fairies that were currently interacting with their masters but especially Aine.

She was quite down because of that… Aelin was fine though and I am sure she was pretty pissed about it but also weirdly proud. Sure. I guess that would be because it didn’t really affect her to such degree.

That’s my girl! Well I would love it at least. I still have no idea how I should go about it so with that in mind let us just continue our journey to floor fifteen.

¨Hey guys. I am sorry for what happened but we have to go. See you all and take care. Lets go. ¨

They all replied shortly and we started to move on. Aine was soon recovered to her usual hyper attitude. Good. That’s much better.

I also wanted to check my status… but I knew that if I confirmed it right before my eyes I would just explode with anger once again. So I decided against it.

We passed a lot of the creatures but because I hid us they didn’t notice us at all.

At this point I was getting a bit conflicted feelings because these creatures should be extremely used to countering any stealth approach or at least somewhat conceal themselves but I could clearly notice most of them and they never even barely noticed our presence.

This skill is truly ridiculous. If it at least had a mana cost I could’ve argue it wasn’t that good because it was impossible to maintain permanently.

However I have my doubts at my current mana levels that would be an issue either way. Still at least any drawback would do…

Oh well. Skills are not meant to have many drawbacks I guess.

An hour of boring strolling through the dark cave later we were right before entrance to floor nine.

The usual scouting ban was in effect. I wonder why but it doesn’t matter.

We didn’t even hesitate and were on our way into the floor.

Well that was a big surprise. Everything that I imagined could be on the floor… I didn’t expect this at all.

Right off the bat I noticed extreme amount of people on this floor.

They were one hundred percent humans.

It really was a shock because there were about hundred humans on this floor. Most of them in groups of five but there also were many loners.

I could already tell that this floor is modified to a huge degree. Well it could also been a design from the dungeon… regardless it felt as if we were currently in some kind of building instead of a cave.

Stairs and corridors instead of boulders and tunnels… and the expanse was full of people. There were also traps and few rooms with treasury hidden all over the place. Monsters too of course.

It was still similar shaped as the floor before but the huge architectural difference was simply awesome. I really wonder if it is manmade.

Despite all of this I could already tell that what I noticed made Aine zoom around in anticipations. Even if I don’t read her mind I already knew what she were about to ask.

¨Master can we? Please can we? Pleeease! ¨

Eh… sure. Why not. This time though you do it! Don’t risk Aelin's life for something you want!

¨Sure, sure master! ¨ That speed is something…

I already knew she was approaching the closest adventurers in the corridors leading to a room with chest. Well they are about to get more treasure than they can handle. HAHA!

Now I need to decide… do I reveal myself as well? This might piss of some of them? However I already decided that I wouldn’t avoid them.

It might be just about time I tried to get a human follower.

Probably very stupid but it is worth the shot anyways.

I have tried to persuade Aelin to stay safe a bit further back but she straight up refused me. As she kept following me to the middle of the expanse. Well what was the point sending Aine personally then… at this point she will just show to them herself. Oh well. No harm done and I wouldn’t dare argue with this dragon lady.

A deep breath and then I decided to reveal myself.

Now this was an amusing reaction. Monsters were awe struck and basically refused to fight anyone and tried to reach me as fast as possible. Nearly every single one of them besides very few. Even those currently not present in the expanse.

And the funny thing was the jaw drop reaction of nearly every human present.

I could hear many things such as what the fuck is that etc… but it was really amusing overall. Most of them even grouped together and avoided me currently in middle of hundred of monsters.

Now normally seeing as the monsters obediently came I would just start the ritual but that would be borderline suicidal at this point.

Also very selfish because I know they would all be defenseless.

I also intentionally waited for the decision of the humans and I commanded all the monsters present.

¨Get behind me and wait. Don’t do anything unless I tell you to do it¨

I could feel this overwhelming taste of power as they all listened to my call. Never ever before I felt like this. It was almost intoxicating seeing so many monsters listen to my orders.

I fucking love this shit. Now what is your decision humans? At this point you should at least somewhat heard of me? So what will you do?

I was extremely excited and curious. Will they try to fight us all or will they decide to talk? Is It perhaps even possible for me to persuade some of them to become my followers? Man this is so nerve wrecking.

Many of them were clearly at loss what to do but I could tell they somewhat know about me.

¨Is it that friendly rat? What is he doing? ¨

¨No idea? We should leave I don’t like this. ¨

¨CALM DOWN EVERYONE! I WILL SPEAK TO IT ON OUR BEHALF. DON’T DO ANYTHING RASH! ¨

Oh so one of them took the leading role? Nice. He seems reasonable? Lets talk then.

He made his way towards me. Surprisingly only took his party with him. So five people, him included.

¨Hello. I am Ronald and this is my party. Can you please explain what is this about? ¨

Well he was speaking with nice tone and even seemed friendly but they were preparing to fight even before I replied. Maybe they are just cautious but still… I really hope they wouldn’t force my hand.

¨Well hello! I am Felix and THIS is my party! ¨

I pointed with my tail over to the monsters and I could’ve sworn I saw them all flinch some of the people in the back included. At least Ronald kept his cool…

¨Nah don’t worry guys. It was just a joke. I came to introduce myself because I don’t know if the guys from before would present me fairly. So here I am trying to make new friends. Monsters included of course but I would like to make some human friends too. ¨

At these words many people relaxed quite a bit. It looks like they actually believe what I say. Hmm… interesting.

Ronald party was still on edge but they were reasonably composed.

¨Oh and I also decided that before we start our talk…¨

I made a dramatic pause. Looking at everyone present in the expanse and even the monsters. Candace would be proud… then I continued.

¨Well… I will gift you all something very nice and then we can continue our talks¨

HAHAHA! Enjoy this gift of mine.

I have revealed Aelin which was right next to me the entire time.

Of course everyone immediately spotted her.

Boy… what a lovely thing her tiny form is.

Utter chaos ensued as everyone started to get a fairy of their own with insane confusion.

HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA!

This is probably what would be considered madness…

THIS IS SO MUCH FUN!!!

I could’ve  swear Aine is about to melt with happiness either and I don’t even see her currently.

¨Now we can talk! ¨

17