9 – Fashion show!
391 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next few days were a blur for Lara. She was so excited for her debut that she spent most of her time dancing around the apartment, rehearsing speeches and trying on new clothes that Lois bought for her. In the past few days, Lara had been gifted various skirts, blouses, sweaters, leggings and, best of all, a pretty sky-blue spring dress which Lara loved to twirl in. It made her feel like a real princess!

Outside of all this, however, Lara soon noticed that not a whole lot else had changed. She still enjoyed the same old cartoons, comic books and video games, as well as watching real-life superheroes on the news. Only now, she enjoyed them as a girl, which felt so much better.

On Friday afternoon, Lara had just finished a video-call with Martha, who had been working on Lara’s Supergirl outfit. Lara was feeling very positive after her Grandma had informed her that the outfit would be ready for her big debut the next day.

Just as Lara closed her laptop, there was a knock at her bedroom door, followed by a familiar voice. “Hey, Lara! It’s Colin. Can I come in?”

Lara leapt up in the air and floated over to the door, briefly checking herself in the mirror on her way. She was wearing her red skirt, along with a Wonder Woman-themed t-shirt, that Lois had bought her. She appreciated that she could now look girly, even when dressed casual.

Lara opened the door and smiled when she saw the tall red-haired boy standing in the doorway. Even though it had been less than a week since she had last seen him, It felt like much longer.

“Colin!” said Lara, giving him a quick hug. “What are you doing here?”

“Damian told me everything.” explained Colin. “I’m so happy for you, Lara. Good name choice, by the way. I hear you’re gonna be the new Supergirl too. That’s amazing!”

“Everything’s been so amazing!” said Lara. “I’m glad you’re here. I just wanna say… You helped me realise who I am. I just…” She pulled the tall boy into another hug. “Thank you!”

Colin smiled. “You’re welcome, but I barely did anything. This was all you, Lara!” He looked into her eyes. “You’re a beautiful girl, and you’re going to be an amazing Supergirl!”

Suddenly, a voice called out from the living room. “LARA! COLIN! ARE YOU TWO COMING, OR WHAT!?” There was no mistaking that accent and condescending tone.

“Damian’s here too?” said Lara.

“Oh, yeah…” said Colin, who’s cheeks were a little red. “We actually came here to give you something. Come on, best not keep him waiting.”

Lara followed Colin into the living room, where Damian was sitting on the sofa. Lois had evidently provided the kids with refreshments as there were two juice boxes on the coffee table, and Damian was holding a third, as if it were a glass of fine wine. Lara couldn’t help but notice a large cardboard box on the floor next to the sofa, bearing the Wayne Enterprises logo. It was so large, that Lara imagined that it must have taken both Colin and Damian to carry it into the apartment.

Lara suddenly felt very excited. She had been receiving new girl clothes all week, but had yet to receive any from her best friend, despite his promise to buy her some fancy new clothes.

This wasn’t the only reason why Lara was excited. Damian actually happened to be quite involved in the fashion industry. Wayne Enterprises had its own clothing brand which Damian and his siblings were the unofficial faces of. The youngest Wayne brother clearly loved the attention and had appeared at least once on the cover of Teen Vogue.

Lara had spent a lot of time over the past few days, researching her friends various escapades into the world of fashion. She had been delighted to discover that Damian had promoted the idea of breaking down gender roles by wearing designer dresses and skirts as well as the expected hoodies and jeans.

“Hi, Damian!” said Lara, trying not to get too excited, imagining what her friends had brought her. “What’s with the box?”

“Straight to business! That’s the spirit!” said Damian, springing to his feet. “Well, Lara. You may recall my promise to take you shopping at some of Gotham’s most exquisite boutiques? Well, it occurred to me that you may not wish to go out in public as Lara just yet. Am I correct?”

Lara rubbed the back of her neck. While she was planning to make her debut as Supergirl, the next day, she wasn't sure if she was ready for the world to meet mild-mannered citizen, Lara Kent. “Yeah, you're probably right.” she said sheepishly.

“Fear not!” said Damian, “For I have devised a brilliant solution to this problem” He patted the top of the box. “I have brought the boutique to you!”

Lara let out a little squee and rushed forward to hug her best friend tight. “You’re the best, Damian!”

The heir winced as she knocked the wind out of him but he still smiled and hugged her back. “It’s no problem Lara. I bought enough for all three of us, so you get to be pretty, Colin gets to be more handsome than usual, and I get to be both!”

Colin blushed almost as red as his hair and helped Lara open the box. The little girl felt her heart flutter happily seeing all the wonderful things inside! What looked like an entire cataloug’s worth of beautiful dresses, skirts, tops, jeans and other outfits, each complete with makeup kits and accessories!

Lara began to float off the ground with happiness. “Oh Damian, this is wonderful! It’s all too much!”

She paused in thought, struck by something as she looked at the clothes. There were only a few boy’s clothes in the box, and Damian had just suggested that he was going to wear girls clothes too. She remembered Damian wearing the ballerina outfit, as well as him mentioning that he had worn girls clothes several times in the past.

“Hey Dami.” Lara said, not sure how best to phrase the question. “I should have asked this before but… are you a girl too?”

Damian raised an eyebrow. “Hmm? Oh, no!” He didn’t seem too surprised by the question, “I see myself as male. I just like dresses and skirts because they look good on me. Plus, they remind me of the thobes I get to wear when visiting my mama.”

“So, you’re still a boy? Even if… So what if I…” Lara trailed off as the doubt hit her.

“Lara stop.” Colin put a comforting hand on her shoulder. “There is a world of difference between girls like you and boys like Damian. You know you are a girl and that doesn’t change if you’re in a dress or jeans.”

She took a calming breath and smiled at her friends “Thanks Colin. I needed to hear that.”

“So!” said Damian, rubbing his hands together. “What do you want to try first? I’d recommend something simple. Maybe a summer dress?”

That gave Lara an idea. “Oohh! Wait a minute!” she said, before flying down the hall, back into her room. “I’ll be one minute!” She called.

Colin and Damian exchanged a brief look of bemusement. But then, sure enough, a moment later, Lara reappeared. She had swapped her top-and-skirt combo for her new sky-blue summer dress, which she showed off by twirling in mid-air with her arms out. “Tada!” she cheered, “What d’ ya think?”

Colin started clapping, while Damian smiled and gave a small nod of approval, which was his equivalent of a round of applause. “Not bad, Kent!” he remarked, “It has a certain, simple charm to it. I suppose not all of Kmart’s apparel is terrible.” He began rummaging around in the box. “But there’s always room for improvement. Let’s try a matching sunhat, sandals, maybe some bracelets, makeup…”

Suddenly, Lara froze when she saw her mother enter the living room from the kitchen, accompanied by someone else! It was the Waynes’ butler, Alfred Pennyworth! Lara felt panic shoot through her. Did Alfred know about her being trans? Would Damian or Uncle Bruce have told him anything?

Alfred looked up and smiled. “Ah, Good afternoon, Miss Kent! I hope you are well.”

Lara blinked, perplexed by the butler's lack of surprise.

“My apologies!” said Alfred. “I should probably explain. I’m afraid I was unintentionally eavesdropping on your big moment with the Justice League, the other day. I was listening in via Master Bruce’s comms unit when you made your entrance. Once again, I am very sorry for eavesdropping.”

Lois smirked. “He’s just spent the last 5 minutes apologizing to me in the kitchen.”

Lara smiled, relieved that she had been spared an awkward encounter with Batman’s butler. “It’s okay, Mr. Pennyworth. I’m glad you’re ok with me being a girl. Thanks.”

Alfred gave a small nod of approval, before turning to Damian. “Master Damian. How long do you wish to stay here? Your father may wish to know.”

Damian, Colin and Lara all exchanged a look. They were all apparently thinking the same thing.

“Mom?” said Lara, “Can Colin and Damian stay for the night?”

Lois and Alfred exchanged a look of their own, before Lois chuckled to herself, “I knew this was gonna happen sooner or later. My daughter is already asking if she can invite boys over.”

It took Lara a few seconds to realise what Lois was implying. “What? Ewww, Mom! It’s not like that!” she said, crossly. “Colin and Damian are my friends!”

“Yeah!” said Damian, “My Habibi and I don’t even like girls!” He turned to Lara. “No offence.”

Lara wasn’t offended. She knew what Damian had meant.

“Kids! Relax, I’m only kidding!” laughed Lois. “Of course, sweetie. As long as their parents say it’s ok, you can have a slumber party tonight.”

“Whoo!” cheered Colin, “Thanks, Miss Lane! Uhh… I mean, Mrs Kent.” He smiled awkwardly.

Lois grinned. “Don’t worry Colin. You can just call me “Lois”. By the way, how are your moms doing?”

“They’re good! Thanks for asking” smiled Colin. “I’ll call them now and ask if I can stay the night. They should be cool with it.”

“And I’ll phone Baba. Let him know what I’m doing.” added Damian. “I’m sure Cass and Harper can fill in for me on patrol tonight.”

“And while you guys are doing that…” said Lara, gleefully, as she moved towards the boutique box, “I’ll be trying out some new looks!


Throughout the rest of the afternoon, Lara, Damian and Colin spent their time dressing, posing, laughing and generally having fun with their own mini fashion show. Lois and Alfred kept providing a steady supply of drinks and snacks, while also applauding and complimenting every outfit.

To begin with, Lara tried some simple-but-pretty sandals and a summer hat to match her dress. Damian then helped her apply some simple make-up to finish the look.

Damian also looked amazing in his own make-up, along with a flashy green dress and high-heels. Walking in these had proven difficult for Lara when she tried them on, so she made a mental note to ask Damin to teach her.

Colin's outfit had only taken him a few minutes to put together, but he still looked very strapping. He wore a white button-up shirt, along with black pants and suspenders. This, combined with a brown newsboy cap, made him look like a street urchin from and old-timey movie (though he still wore his sneakers, insisting they were essential to the look he was going for.)

After a while, Alfred needed to head back to Gotham, which meant the kids were down an audience member. Despite this, they felt compelled to try out some more outfits.


When Lois called the kids into the kitchen for dinner, she was greeted by Colin, who was now wearing a fancy red button-up shirt and black pants, along with a black bow-tie and waistcoat, plus his usual sneakers. The red-haired boy cleared his throat and gestured to the two figures behind him, as if he were presenting them at a royal ball.

Lois couldn’t help smiling warmley when she saw Lara and Damian enter. They now both wore matching princess dresses, along with necklaces, make-up and nail polish. Lara’s dress was a bright blue, similar to her Supergirl outfit, and Damian’s was green, to match his eyes.

“Oh, sweetheart!” said Lois, beaming with pride. “You look beautiful!”

Lara blushed. “Thanks, Mom!” She attempted a little curtsy, though seeing how this was her first time wearing a dress like this, she wasn’t sure if she did it right.

“You boys look nice too.” Lois said, looking at Colin and Damian. “C’mon. Let me take some photos.”

After the kids had posed for a number of shots, including one of Colin carrying Damian bridal-style (Lara assumed he used a little bit of his Goliath-strength), Lois sat them down at the table.

As she looked around the table, Lara counted three plates of homemade mac‘n’cheese. “Mom?” she asked, “Aren’t you gonna eat with us?”

“Don’t worry, baby!” said Lois, grinning mischievously, “I already had a bite to eat.” She strode over to the door and looked back at the table. “You kids eat up! I’ll be in my room. Knock if you need anything.” Then she turned and left.

Lara, Colin and Damian all exchanged a perplexed look.

“Uuhh, Lara?” said Colin. “No offence, but does your mom normally act this weird?”

“No?” Lara replied. “We normally eat dinner together, especially when my dad works late.” She chewed her food as she thought out loud. “What could she be doing that’s so important?”

The three kids sat in the kitchen eating silently for about a minute before Damian suddenly sat upright. “Oh!” he said. “Oh! I know what she’s doing!” Lara and Colin stared at him, expecting him to continue. But Damian kept eating, albeit with a sly grin on his face.

“Aren’t you going to enlighten us, Dami?” asked Colin.

“Tt! All in good time, Beloved!” replied Damian. “For now, I’d suggest we eat quickly! By my estimates, we should have about 30 minutes before Lois returns, and I have just the outfits in mind to meet her challenge!”

“Challenge?” said Lara and Colin, together. Then, they both realised what Damian meant.

Lara grinned and began wolfing down her dinner. She wanted to get back to the boutique box as soon as possible. She had a pretty good idea what her mother was planning. Lois was apparently going to do some dressing-up of her own, and Damian wasn’t going to let himself be outshone.

As for Lara, well, she was just excited to have an excuse to try out more pretty dresses.
________________________________________________________________

After finishing dinner, the kids prepared themselves for the next and final round of dressing-up. As Damian helped Lara get her makeup ready, Colin examined the outfits that Damian had selected for them.

For Colin, he had selected a flamboyant blue suit with frilly cuffs, that would not have looked out of place being worn by a handsome prince in a Disney movie.

Damian had chosen to wear a sparkling-green dress, along with matching long gloves and a tiara.

Finally, Lara’s latest dress was a beautiful deep-blue ballgown, with a wide poofy skirt and matching long gloves and a tiara, similar to Damian’s.

Colin seemed somewhat apprehensive about his final overly-showy outfit. “Maybe... I’ll sit this round out and help Lois with the dishes…” He tried to slowly sneak out of the room but was blocked by a beautifully made up Damian.

“Oh don’t be like that, Habibi! You will look amazing!”

Colin blushed. “I’m sure I would, hun... It’s just… Is the lace and the… little scarf thing necessary?”

Damian smiled. A comment like that from anyone other than Colin or maybe Lara would have gotten a ‘Tt!’ and a glare, “It’s called an ascot, beloved.”

Colin sighed. There was no use arguing with Damian when it came to fashion. “Okay, I’ll wear it, on one condition…”

Damian frowned slightly. “You are NOT wearing your sneakers with this outfit!”

“Of course not!” laughed Colin. “I was just thinking, if you two get to be princesses…”

“Technically, I am a prince! I just look good in a dress.” interrupted Damian. “But, please continue.”

“Right.” smiled Colin. “I’m just saying, if you get to be “Beauty”, then surely, I should be “The Beast”.”

Lara didn’t exactly get what that meant, but Damian was smiling even wider, “Oh that’s a wonderful idea, Beloved! I was going for a Beast aesthetic with this outfit after all, but are you sure you’re ok doing that here?”

“Sure!” Colin glanced at the small windows with the blinds down, “I mean Lois, Lara and Mister Kent all know my secret so it shouldn’t surprise them.”

“Uuhh, I might be thurprised!” Lara cut in genuinely confused. “Because I don’t know what you’re talking about. What are you planning to do?”

“Well Lara, you know how I transform into Goliath?” Colin explained. “Well, with time and practice I found out I can also transform part-way. I can do stuff like give myself wings, or claws without going full dragon-bat.”

“But he mostly uses this trick to make himself taller or experiment with body hair.” interjected Damian.

“Dami!” Colin blushed hard with his secret revealed.

“Oh it’s nothing to be embarrassed by, Habibi. It all looks great on you.” Damian said, kissing the blushing redhead on his cheek.

Colin smiled, “He is right, though.” he admitted. “I do use my powers sometimes if I’m feeling dysphoric. Being able to grow extra muscle-mass and body hair is really helpful, and I only sometimes accidentally grow fangs or a tail.”

“I bet that’s useful.” said Lara. Of course, she hadn’t experienced much, if any dysphoria since coming out to her family, but if she could focus and make herself more feminine at will, then heck yeah, she would do it all the time.

As Colin headed into the bathroom to change, Lara grabbed her outfit and headed into her room, while Damian stayed in the living room. Once Lara was in her room, she started getting changed. She kept her back to the mirror while she did this, not wanting to see herself until she was wearing the full outfit. Once she had put on the gown, gloves and tiara, Lara turned around, looked in the mirror and gasped.

She looked amazing! The dress looked beautiful, and she loved how the skirt bloomed outwards all the way down to her feet. The makeup, gloves and tiara, along with a pretty pink necklace that Damian had lent her, all complimented the outfit perfectly. She spun and twirled, admiring herself from every possible angle. She even practiced her curtsy, in the mirror. The euphoria felt amazing! Lara had never felt more like a princess.

Eventually, Lara made her way back to the living room, where she saw Damian, admiring himself in the mirror. Lara’s first thought was that, if Damian had longer hair, he would have looked like a miniature version of his mother, Talia. Damian definitely took after her a lot, both in terms of personality and appearance.

“Wow, Damian!” said Lara, “You look...”

“Amazing?” suggested Damian, still admiring himself. “Stunning? Revolutionary to the world of fashion? Tt! I know. I’ve heard it before!” He continued to look in the mirror, trying out different poses. “Oh yeah! I pull this off way better than Tim!” he said to himself.

“Wait, what?” said Lara, as Damian finally turned around to look at her.

“Ah, Lara!” he said, as if he’d only just noticed her. “You look lovely! You should wear that to one of my Baba’s galas. I could invite you to the next one, if you’d like.”

Lara briefly pictured herself wandering around Wayne Manor in her ballgown, socialising with the younger side of high society. She felt herself blushing as she thought of a handsome young man complimenting her and asking her to a dance.

Whoa! That was something different! Before coming out, Lara had never given much thought to the idea of romance. She knew it might change as she got older, and thanks to her growing up surrounded by open-minded and accepting friends and family, she knew it would be fine for her to like boys, girls or both. The more Lara thought about it, the more she realised that, since coming out, the idea of being in a relationship felt a lot more appealing.

Putting these new realizations to one side, Lara instead focused on what Damian had said about his brother. “Uh, maybe… What was that about Tim?”

“Oh, that?” said Damian, “It’s just a thing between us. You remember how I told you how my brothers have also dabbled with feminine clothes? Well, for some reason, Drake is the only one who seems convinced that he can do it better than me!”

“What?” said Lara.

“I know!” said Damian. “It’s completely absurd! Sure, he tries harder than Todd and he’s not as ostentatious as Grayson, but he’s no way near my level!”

“We’re talking about Tim Drake, right?” said Lara, “As in, the same Tim Drake who’s dating my brother?”

“Of course!” said Damian, “What? You didn’t know? He’s always showing us his cosplay photos that he takes with Conner and Stephanie. He nearly always goes as the girl.”

Lara made a mental note to ask Conner about this the next time they met. She knew that her brother often went to ComicCon with his boyfriend and girlfriend, but she had never seen any photos.

Just then, a tall figure emerged from the hallway wearing a fancy blue suit. Lara looked up and gasped. “Colin?!”

Colin appeared to be a lot bulkier than he usually was, and was covered in patches of red fur. He had a severe 5o’clock shadow that covered his entire face and his ears had grown much larger and pointier. When he smiled, Lara noticed a small fangs had formed in his mouth. He was barefoot, revealing that his hands and feet had almost completely transformed into claws. Finally, Lara noticed that Colin had a short tail sticking out of his pants.

“Be honest...” said Colin, his voice sounding somewhat deeper than usual. “How do I look?”

Before Lara could say a word, Damian was by his boyfriend’s side, holding both of his furry, clawed hands in his own. “Beloved, you look absolutely amazing!” said Damian. “Though, I must admit… In the movie you showed me, the Beast had his fur combed and curled. Perhaps, you’d let me…”

Colin smiled, and kissed Damian’s hands. “I love you, Damian.” he chuckled, “But I am not letting you put a bow in my fur.”

Damian sighed, but then smiled up at his boyfriend. “I love you too, Habibi” he said, “But you’ll have to forgive me for not kissing you right now. I’ve seen what those fangs can do.”

Seeing the two boys being all romantic, made Lara think, once again, about her potential for a romantic relationship. She was still too young to imagine anything beyond kissing and holding hands, but still… No. She didn’t want to think about that. She was having a wonderful time and didn’t want to risk spoiling it by having some kind of crisis.

“You look great, Colin!” she said, trying to shift the topic away from romance.

“Thanks, Lara!” said Colin, “But, let’s face it... we all look amazing!”

“Yes, we do!” Damian said, with utmost confidence. “I’d like to see Lois beat this!”

“Be careful what you wish for…” said a voice behind them. The kids turned around and each of their jaws dropped at once.

Lois was standing in the doorway, looking absolutely breathtaking. She was wearing a gorgeous scarlett strapless ballgown, with matching long gloves. Around her neck, she wore a beautiful sapphire necklace. Her hair hung loose and seemed bouncy and luscious. Lara made a mental note to find out what hair products her mom used.

As Lois entered the room, she smiled at the kids, and Lara noticed how well made-up her mom was. It wasn’t the first time she had seen Lois wear makeup, but since Lara had started wearing it herself, she had gained a newfound admiration for it.

Lois’s lips were ruby red, and she wore a light blush on her cheeks. Her eyes shone through a subtle mascara, purple eyeshadow and some of the best eyeliner wings Lara had seen since she came out.

“Wow…” breathed Lara. “Mom… You look amazing!”

“Thank you, sweetie.” Lois said, bending down so that she was at eye-level with Lara. “You look amazing too! Though, that’s not really a surprise…” She held Lara’s hands in her own. “After all, you’re my daughter, and what’s a queen without her princess?”

Lara blushed and smiled, feeling a euphoria that threatened to make her float off the ground.

“Where did you get that dress?!” Damian cut in, staring at Lois with disbelief “It is perfect!”

Lois chuckled at the small diva’s shocked face. “As a matter of fact, Damian, It was a gift from your father.”

“What?!” All three kids exclaimed together, making Lois laugh.

“It’s true!” Lois explained. “Last year, on mine and Clark’s anniversary, Bruce bought me this dress, as well as a custom designed tuxedo for Clark. They’re both amazing outfits, but we don’t get many chances to wear them. However, I figured this was a perfect chance.”

Lois gracefully sat herself down on the sofa, and Lara came and snuggled up next to her. As the two pretty ladies sat there together, smiling in their beautiful dresses, it became clear who had won the fashion contest.

Damian seemed crushed by his unexpected defeat, “But… I’m supposed to be the fashionista here… I can’t believe it! Baba betrayed me!”

Colin sighed and smiled softly, hurrying over to cuddle his tiny diva boyfriend to his chest, “It’s ok, hun!” He said softly, trying his best not to laugh at the drama queen, “You will always be my fashionista, Dami.”

Mother and daughter both “Aawwwed!” in unison, as the redhead comforted his tiny boyfriend. Then Lois turned to Lara and whispered the question she had been dying to ask since she had entered the room: “So… has Colin always been a werewolf?”


Clark Kent was in for a surprise when he got home that night. As he made his way to the apartment, he could hear what sounded like “Beauty & the Beast” playing on the TV. Lois had called him earlier to say that Damian and Colin had come over to stay the night, so he didn’t quite know what to expect. Hearing the Disney movie playing was unexpected; Clark had never figured Damian to be a Disney fan. Then again, the kid was rather unpredictable, so he kind of knew to expect the unexpected.

“Lois, I’m home!” He called, loosening his tie and hanging up his coat as he made his way inside. He froze where he stood as his wife, more beautiful than ever, came into the hall to greet him.

“Hi, honey. How was your day?” She asked casually, trying her best to not feel smug about the expression on her husband’s face, as she walked slowly towards him.

“Lois… you look amazing! You never wear that dress! What’s the occasion?” He managed to ask once he picked his jaw off the floor.

She chuckled and kissed her man on the lips, “Just a little game with the kids. Damian brought over a few outfits for Lara, so I figured I’d join the dress up.”

“Dress up?” Clark asked quizzically. “What kind of outfits?” He got his answer when he walked into the living room and was greeted by his daughter running up to greet him.

“Hi Daddy!” said Lara, trying to sound as princessy as possible, “Do you like my new dress?”

“Wow!” said Clark, beaming with fatherly pride at his daughter, as she spun around to show off her gown. “You look beautiful, sweetheart! Did Damian buy you that?”

“Yep!” said Lara, who felt so happy that she began floating a few feet in the air. “Him and Colin are in the other room. We’re watching “Beauty & the Beast”! It’s great! Come and see!” She began tugging on her dad’s arm, pulling him into the living room, while Lois watched them and smiled.

His brain was forced into another reboot as his thoughts went from fatherly pride, to sheer surprise and confusion. Sitting in his favorite armchair, snuggling together as they watched the movie was… what looked like a bear, in a victorian suit and Damian Wayne in a sparkly princess dress.

Growing used to surprises of this sort in the last couple of days, Clark recovered faster than normal. “Damian, and Colin… I assume?” He said nodding to the pair. He paused as if trying to find the best thing to say and finally settled for, “Maybe it’s just because you’re Bruce’s son, but it always surprises me how well you can pull off looks like that, Damian.”

Damian smiled, enjoying the compliment but still couldn’t help but be a little salty. “Tt! Of course I can pull it off. I’m also the son of Talia al Ghul!” He declared, proudly defending his mother’s legacy as a fashion icon. “Besides, Baba could surprise you.” He added, grinning slightly. “He actually has his own very nice collection of-”

Colin put a hand over Damian’s mouth to cut him off before he went on another fashion-ramble. “Thank you again for having us Mr. Kent.” Colin said, cheerfully.

By this point Lara had reentered the room with three sleeping bags as Lois came in behind her “Ok kids. Makeup off, and pajamas on.” said Lois. “You don’t have to go to sleep yet, you just need to be ready for it.” This earned a groan from Damian and Lara, neither wanting to take their dresses off yet.

“Come on kids.” Clark said, agreeing with his wife, “Lara, you have a very big day tomorrow. I want you well rested sweetie.”

“But dad! I’m too excited to sleep!” Lara said, bouncing from her seat on the sofa.

“Sleep is for the weak!” Damian said in agreement. “We’re doing an all night princess-movie-marathon!”

“Yeah! We fight crime in Gotham! We’re basically nocturnal!” Colin yelled, turning back to his human form and punching the air.


About 15 minutes into the second movie, all three of the kids were fast asleep in their sleeping bags. Lois and Clark smiled at each other, turning the TV off for the kids.

“Sleep tight, Lara.” Clark said softly, beaming with pride at his little girl, just as excited as her for her big moment the next day.

19