13 – Meet the moms
290 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a while, Lara was feeling better and helping Cass finish off the leftover food. Aside from some small snacks on the helicopter, Lara hadn’t eaten since Paris, and even then, she had only had sugary pastries. She was in the mood for some good savoury food, and sandwiches from Alfred Pennyworth were just what the Girl of Steel needed.

While Lara, Cass and Harper ate, Damian and Colin provided them with some light entertainment. At least, that was how Colin had described it. Damian, on the other hand, described it as, “An exclusive first-look at an extract from Damian al Ghul Wayne’s magnum opus: The Prince of Gotham!” (He would have continued, had Colin not distracted him with a quick kiss and a plea to not oversell their performance.)

Said performance was… interesting. Lara found it a very different experience to watch ballet, rather than perform it. Damian performed unbelievably well for someone his age, as he did with most things. The young Robin had evidently choreographed the dance to show off his flexibility and acrobatic skills, along with his impeccable sense of balance and timing.

Similarly, Colin’s part, while smaller, definitely played to his strengths, literally. Lara lost count of how many times Colin caught Damian, or lifted him into the air as though he was as light as a feather, sometimes even spinning or balancing him on one hand.

However, despite all of this, Lara had no clue concerning the actual plot of the ballet. She knew that it was supposedly based off of Damian’s life story, and that Damian had indeed led a bizarre and colourful life, even for a superhero. But trying to decipher any of that from the boys’ dancing was beyond Lara’s comprehension.

Next to Lara, Harper had lost interest after about 30 seconds and was scrolling through Tumblr on her phone. Next to Harper, Cass was watching the show with an amusingly perplexed expression, which given her amazing ability to read body language, certainly said a lot.

Lara was about to discreetly ask Cass if she knew how long the performance had to go, when they were suddenly interrupted by the sound of a loud intercom buzzer. “Mr. Wayne?” said a garbled voice on the speakers, making Damian lose focus and stumble out of his pose. “You have guests at the front desk.”

“Oh come on! We were so close to the big finish!” Damian grumbled, almost pouting.

Colin kissed the smaller boy on the cheek, “I’m sorry, hun. It’s probably for me.” He headed over to the intercom by the main doors. “Must be mom and momma coming to pick me up.”

Colin pressed the button on the speaker. “Hi, this is Colin Wilkes. If my moms are here, feel free to send them up.”

“No need, Mr. Wilkes.” replied the secretary. “They’re already on their way up. Mrs. Quinn ran right past the front desk.”

Colin smirked. “Oh, sorry about that. Thanks for letting me know!” He let go of the button, cutting off the feed, and turned to the others. “Well, it looks like we’ve got company!” He looked at Lara. “It’s time for you to meet my moms, Lara!”

Lara gulped, nervously. Despite Colin’s constant reassurance that Harley Quinn and Ivy had reformed, she was still a little nervous about meeting two former supervillains. Especially when one of them had been an associate of the Joker; one of the most infamously dangerous supervillains to ever live!

“Uhh… I’m not sure if I’m ready…?” said Lara, nervously. “I’m not sure how they’d react to seeing me here. New Supergirl, and all that... y’know?”

Colin smiled as he gave Lara a reassuring smile. “Trust me, Lara. They’re gonna love you, and once you get over the initial shock, you’ll love them two. I guarantee it!”

Lara’s eye’s met Colin’s, and she took a deep breath. “Okay.” she whispered, smiling at her friend, as they heard the elevator doors open in the hallway.

The door to the dance studio burst open, and there stood Colin’s moms, in all their glory; Dr. Harleen Quinzel and Pamela Lillian Isley, AKA Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy!

“Hi, sweetie!” called Harley, as she rushed over to hug her son. “Hope ya don’t mind us droppin’ in like this!” She beamed with pride when she noticed Colin’s outfit. “Ooh, look at my handsome young man! Ya look so darn strappin’ in that outfit, honey!”

“Oh stop it, Harl!” said Ivy, as she walked over to join in the hug. “You’re embarrassing him.” Though Colin didn’t seem to mind. This was apparently normal behaviour for them.

As the two women doted over their son, Lara took the opportunity to try and take in their appearances, as there was a lot to take in. After all, this was the first time being in such close proximity to supervillains, former or not.

Harley Quinn was a plump woman, with incredibly pale skin, and long blonde hair, which she wore in a ponytail with pink-and-blue highlights. She wore a faux fur coat over a scarlet tank top and red-and-black striped pants. On her feet, she wore a pair of red high-heeled boots, along with various jewellery and accessories on her hands, neck and ears. Finally, her face was decorated with very pretty, if somewhat extravagant, makeup, and some bright red winged glasses.

Lara looked to the other woman; the one formally known as Poison Ivy. She was tall and slender, with long red hair and leaf-green skin. In contrast with Harley’s camp outfit, she wore a simple green summer dress and sandals. As Ivy moved across the room, Lara caught the exotic scent of flowers. This wasn’t a surprise, given Ivy’s metahuman ability to control plants, plus the fact that she was practically half-plant herself.

Lara had seen old photos and news footage of the two former villainesses, and they had always come across as eccentric, flamboyant characters, albeit to a psychotic degree. Lara couldn’t help noticing something different about the two women standing before her; they both seemed happier, and more at peace with themselves.

Lara couldn’t help smiling as she watched the couple talk to their son. Colin clearly loved them dearly, and they loved him right back. Suddenly, Lara’s smile froze when she noticed that Ivy was looking at her.

“Uumm… Hi…” said Lara, giving an awkward wave. “I’m Lara.”

“Oh, hi!” said Harley, looking up and noticing Lara. “Harley Quinn! Pleased to meetcha!” She said, walking over and offering a hand for Lara to shake, before pausing. “Say! Don’t I know you from somewhere?”

“Wait a minute…” said Ivy, staring quizically at Lara. “Aren’t you…?”

Lara took another deep breath. There was no use hiding it. She had been on the news just a few hours ago, and was still all over the internet. She might as well come clean.

“Yep.” she said, bluntly. “I’m the new Supergirl. Nice to meet you too.”

There was a brief silence, as Lara anticipated their reactions. Then, Harley exploded.

“OH MY GAWD!!!” She squealed. “HEY, RED! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!?” She grabbed her wife by the shoulders, shaking her and pointing at Lara. “IT’S HER!! IT’S REALLY HER!! FROM THE NEWS!!!”

“Harley! Calm down!” said Ivy, although she was also grinning broadly, struggling to contain her excitement.

“See? I told you.” said Colin, sliding over to talk to Lara. “They like you already!”

Lara was too busy processing the reaction she had just gotten to really acknowledge what Colin had said. It had felt weird enough when Harper had been excited to meet her, but this was a whole new level. This was Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy; Two former supervillains! And they were fangirling over Lara, like she was the most amazing person they’d ever met. The young heroine didn’t know where to begin.

Fortunately, Colin spoke for her. “Mom, Momma?” he said, managing to get their attention. “I’d like you to meet Lara, AKA Supergirl.” He gestured to Lara, who smiled nervously, and gave a little curtsey.

“Y’know how I told you that Dami had been training a new hero?” Colin continued. “And that I’ve been helping with that? Well… here she is!” He paused, as he noticed Lara’s outfit. “Oh, and she’s also been learning ballet with us.”

There was another pause, before Harley exploded again. “HOLY MOLEY!!” she yelled, literally jumping for joy. “OUR KID IS FRIENDS WITH SUPERGIRL!!!”

Ivy rolled her eyes, and gave Lara and Colin an apologetic smile.

“Hey!” huffed Damian, appearing next to his boyfriend. “Your son has been dating Robin; The Son of Batman for years! How come I never got this reception?”

“Oh, hey kiddo.” said Harley casually, apparently having only just noticed Damian. “Don’t worry! You’re great too.” She ruffled his hair, before turning her attention back to Lara. “But Supergirl is freakin’ Supergirl!”

“Harley, darling!” said Ivy, before Damian could retort. “Why don’t you go wait outside for a minute or two?” She placed a hand on her shoulder. “Just to calm yourself down. I’m sure these two won’t mind accompanying you...” She gestured to Cass and Harper, still seated on the bench.

“Yeah we don’t mind.” Harper got up from her seat, pulling Cassandra up with her. “Harley is always good for a laugh.” Cass commented something in sign language that Lara couldn’t make out, but was very surprised to see Harley respond with equally fluent and quick ASL. The three women left the room having a very spirited but completely silent conversation.

Colin nodded proudly, seeing how this hidden skill had surprised his friend. “Mom’s full of secrets and talents. A lot of people forget she’s also a doctor.”

“What was she saying?” Lara asked.

“If I had to guess, embarrassing stories about either Batman or Colin.” Ivy said with a smile.

“I’ll be right back.” Damian said casually, trying to sneak off.

“No you won’t, hun.” Colin’s tone was oddly firm as he grabbed his boyfriend and held him in place.

“Tt, fine.” said Damian, knowing better than to fight against Colin’s strength. “I’ll just hear the stories from Cassandra later.”

Ivy smiled and turned her attention back to Lara. “You’ll have to forgive my wife’s enthusiasm. dear. She can go a little overboard when she’s excited. But I just wanted to say for both of us how amazing you did earlier today! The world is rooting for you, and anyone who isn’t, isn’t worth your attention.”

The plant-woman knelt down to Lara’s eye-level, and Lara was touched by the genuine warmth in Ivy’s expression. “You can trust me on this one. The people who try to tear you down aren’t worth a pile of fertilizer.”

“I… thank you so much Mrs. Isley.” Lara paused in thought, wondering if that was what she preferred to be called. She wasn’t sure if her last name was Quinn, or if Harley had taken Ivy’s name, or what.

“Ivy’s fine, dear.” She insisted with a kind smile. “Colin has told us a lot about you. If you need to talk about girl things, either of us is available at any time.”

Lara was rather taken aback by how incredibly friendly this pretty former villainess was being. “Listen Mrs… Ivy. I… I feel like I might own you and Harley an apology.”

“Whatever for dear? We’ve just met.”

“I know… that’s kind of my point... I had heard stories of who you… who you used to be.” Lara looked down at her feet, bashfully. “I... I had an image in my head of what you’d be like… I’m sorry for jumping to conclusions and misjudging you. You are so nice! Colin is lucky to have you.”

Ivy’s smile was warm as ever, “Thank you for saying that Supergirl, but you have nothing to apologize for. In fact, you’ve shown us more kindness and consideration than hundreds of people much older than you. I know that my past actions often color people’s opinion of me. But as I said, the real people who matter eventually understand that we’ve changed.”

They looked up when they heard the door open again, expecting to see Harley coming back in, but instead, Superman entered the studio. “Hi kids, Pamela, good to see you.”

Ivy smiled and waved to the Kryptonian, “Good to see you too, Clark.”

“Dad! How…? Wait?” Lara looked back and forth between her father and Ivy. “How do you know dad’s name?”

Ivy’s face turned a darker shade of green, which Lara recognized as blushing. “Well… Like I said, there’s a lot of… not so nice things in my past.” Ivy chose her words carefully. “Among them a few times I… may or may not have… used pheromones to control minds… You sometimes find out some sensitive information that way, even if you weren’t planning to.”

Clark smiled. “It’s all in the past, Pamela. If Bruce trusts you with his secrets, then I know I have nothing to fear about you and Harley knowing mine.”

“Thanks, Clark.” said Ivy. “How’re you and Lois doing? You must be so proud of your daughter!”

“We couldn’t be happier!” said Clark, beaming with pride at Lara, who beamed right back. “Lois is just outside, talking to the others.”

“Mom’s here too?!” said Lara, wondering how many more people were planning to drop in unexpectedly.

“Yep, I’m sure she’ll be happy to see you. You were amazing today!” said Clark. “By the way, you look beautiful in that outfit, sweetie!”

Lara blushed, wondering if Cass and Damian would be ok with letting her keep the outfit. Just then, she heard a muffled ‘Awwww’ from behind the door, and attuned her Kryptonian ears to the voices outside in the hallway.

She heard the voice of her mother, talking to Harley. “What are they doing out there?” Lara wondered aloud, before hearing two words that made her freeze with realization; “Baby photos!” Lara repeated, rushing to the door.

Lois and Harley were sharing photos alright, but it was Harley showing her own pictures. She had her phone out and was scrolling through what must have been a very large photo gallery “Here’s from the first day we brought Colin home! Even then he was so handsome!”

Lois once again ‘awed’ at the pictures, just in time for a mortified Colin to come up behind Lara “Mom! You said you weren’t going to show those in public anymore!”

“I said I’d TRY not to show them in public. There are times when the urge to gush about my son is too strong!” The pale woman corrected with a smile. “Lara, you wanna see the pictures too?”

“Yes please!” Lara flew off the ground to get away from Colin before he could stop her and saw the picture from above. It showed Harley and Ivy standing together in front of a modest looking Gotham apartment building. Between them the two women were hugging… well, they were hugging Colin just slightly younger than he was now.

“Look how handsome my little Red was!” Harley cooed proudly.

“Momma stop it!” Colin called out, blushing as red as his hair.

Lara was still a little confused, but Harley’s delight and Colin’s embarrassment were still wonderful, and they made her smile. “How long ago was this?”

“Two years ago.” Harley smiled warmly, “The best two years of our lives. Well, best so far. It can always get better.” She chuckled, finally putting the pictures away and kneeling down to hug her embarrassed son.

“And now, it’s my turn to embarrass you, Sweetie!” Lois grabbed Lara out of the air and hugged her tight, catching Lara off-guard.

“Mooomm!” said Colin and Lara together, as they both received copious amounts of motherly affection.

“Oh Princess!” said Lois, ignoring her daughter's protests and hugging tighter. “You were so amazing today! The press loved you, the public wants to know everything about you, and the Daily Planet has me writing an article about you for the front page for tomorrow morning!” She let go so that she could look Lara in the eye. “Also, I’m sure I’m not the first one to say it, but you look so pretty in that outfit, honey!”

Lara was still blushing from the public affection. “Thanks mom… Wait, did you say you are gonna write an article about me? I’m front page news?!”

“You bet you are, princess!” Lois kissed her daughter quickly on her forehead. “Right now Perry just wants me to report about the press conference, but since I’m the “Superman expert”” she said in air quotes, “He wants me to work on getting a private one on one interview with Supergirl for next week’s Sunday edition!”

Perry White, chief editor of the Daily Planet, was an old friend of the family, as well as Lois and Clark’s boss. Despite his tough, no-nonsense reputation, the man had always had a soft spot for Lara.

“That’th tho cool!” Lara exclaimed, lisping in her excitement, glad to hear that Perry was supportive of the new Supergirl.

She then felt her spirits deflating a little. Well sure, Perry was supportive of Supergirl, and had a very big soft spot for “Jon”, but would he feel the same about Lara Kent? What about the rest of the Planet staff? Or her non-superhero friends in school? The world was loving Supergirl, but would they treat her differently when she came out as Lara Kent?

“Hey sugar, you ok?” Harley asked, her professional experience allowing her to notice the mood shift.

“Yeah…” sighed Lara. “Yeah, just a lot happening today. A lot running through my head.”

Lois pulled back, giving the girl some room to breath. “Maybe you’re just tired from so much excitement?” she suggested. “You’ve had a long day, princess. Do you wanna start heading home?”

Lara hesitated, then nodded. “Yeah, sure.” she said. “I was thinking of flying home with Dad. How are you getting back?”

“Same way I came.” Lois responded. “Teleporter pod. Having Superman for a husband has its perks.”

“You got access to a teleporter pod?!” gasped Harley. “Any chance I could get a ride in one of those?”

“You’d need to ask Clark.” Lois said with a smile.

“It is really cool.” Lara commented with a small smile, totally understanding Harley’s excitement.

“Thanks girls!” said Harley, running back into the studio. Lara overheard Harley talking to Clark. “Hey Supes! Lois said that I could use the teleporter if I asked nicely! Can I? Pretty please?!”

Lois, Lara and Colin followed Harley back into the studio, where they saw her pleading with Superman, while Ivy watched, amused by her wife’s behaviour. Cass and Harper had presumably headed off to the changing rooms, and Damian was sitting on one of the benches, looking rather bored. Colin headed over to sit with his boyfriend, which seemed to cheer Damian up a little.

Clark gave his wife a small smile before answering Harley’s question. “I suppose we could grant you access just this one time. Though we’d need to get you three your own access codes, if you wanted to continue using the system.”

Harley began building up to another squee of excitement but Ivy shot it down quickly, “If you even think about making a “Beam me up, Scotty” joke sweetie, you’re sleeping on the couch tonight.” It was clearly a joke but it had the desired effect.

Harley immediately deflated and pouted “No fair, Red! Do you always have to be the fun police? You know that’s the worst kind of police!”

“Oh you still love me.” The green woman chuckled, kissing her wife on the cheek.

Clark gave a little nod to Lara, trying to give her the hint to start making their way out. He kissed Lois and smiled “Race you back to the apartment? Flight vs teleporter?”

“You’re on, Kent.” Lois chuckled, “Last one there does dishes.

Spurred on by the thought of getting out of chores, Lara quickly headed off to the changing rooms to change back into her Supergirl costume.

About 10 minutes later, Lara was back in her Supergirl outfit, and had just finished saying goodbye to all her friends. Damian and Cass had agreed to let Lara keep her ballet outfit, so the girl was in particularly high spirits.

“Ready, Lara?” asked Clark, as they stood on the balcony, outside the studio.

“Ready dad!” cheered Supergirl, “Let’s go!”

Clark waved goodbye to everyone and took Lara by the hand, flying her up into the evening sky, and back towards Metropolis.

In the end, Lara had won the race. Clark had held back, supposedly to help a kitten out of a tree, and Lois had taken her time talking with Harley and Ivy before teleporting them and Colin home. Regardless of her previous warning, Ivy had been unable to resist calling Lois “Scotty” as the teleporter had kicked on, granting her fake outraged grunts from Harley. Lois had also arrived home with Lara’s ballet costume and the rest of Alfred’s cookies, which Cass had insisted Lois take with her.

Having already eaten plenty of snacks, Lara only ate a small dinner, and spent the rest of the evening chilling out on the couch, watching TV with her parents.


Hours later and back in her room, Lara lay down on her bed in her pyjamas, exhausted from the day’s activities.

So many things had happened that she couldn’t believe it was all only in a single day; A trip to Paris, the press conference, coming out as Supergirl, and ballet with her best friends... Lara was going to cherish all these memories forever.

But there were still thoughts that troubled her... Thinking back on that trip to France, and that boy she met; Thomas. She couldn’t stop wondering why she had kissed him.

Lara knew that it was just a way of saying “thank you”, but somewhere in her mind, she was stuck with the idea that she might have done it for other reasons... She tried to stay rational, but it stayed there, making her feel worse about herself. It was an intrusive thought that she didn’t want to listen to; What if she did all this just to pretend she was a girl?

She had to admit, kissing that boy was not something she would have done before. She certainly wouldn’t have done it if she was presenting as “Jon”. She would never have had the confidence. So what was the reason she had so spontaneously decided to kiss Thomas on the cheek? It was just so... clichee.

And so, just like that, Lara started doubting herself, questioning her own validity as a trans girl, wondering if she was really trans or only faking. A single, simple action in her day had now shattered her good mood, making herself feel lost... It was right at this time that Lois knocked at the door, making the poor girl jump.

“Lara? Are you still awake?” Lois whispered, coming into the room slowly, avoiding making any noise. Expecting her princess to be sleeping, she was surprised to find her sitting and mourning on her own bed, which worried her a bit.

“Yeah, I am.”

“Are you okay, Lara? You sound... upset...” She said, concerned about what might be going through her daughter’s mind.

“It’s okay, mom I just...” She started blushing again “Well first, I have a thing to tell you, but please don’t react too much. It’s really not important.”

“I won’t say a thing, I promise.” Lois smiled, reassuringly.

“Well, you know that Dad and I went to Paris this morning, right? And we went to that restaurant he saved all those years ago?” Lara paused, struggling to recall all the details. “When we ate there, there was a boy around my age, and he gave me a cake; “Paris-Brest” he called it.” Lara grinned, as she thought of the happy memory.

“It was really good, so right before leaving, I rushed in and... kissed his cheek.” Lara finished her story, blushing out of embarrassment.

Lois gave a small chuckle, as she tried to comfort Lara. “Oh Lara, how assertive of you! That’s a bold move, but if you’re worried that I’d be mad, I can assure you it’s fine...”

“Thanks mom, but it’s not really like that…” Lara heaved a sigh, as she got to the uncomfortable part. “I just feel like it was forced, y’know? That I did it just to feel more like a girl... But I know that being a girl isn’t really tied to doing things like this, so I don’t know why I did it! Or why I feel bad for doing it... I don’t know what to think.” Lara’s voice started shaking, and she looked away from Lois to avoid eye-contact.

Lois thought for a moment then smiled tenderly at Lara, resting a hand on her shoulder. “Let me tell you another story of mine, from when I was younger. Do you remember those pictures I showed you, a few days ago? Dressed in punk gear, and all that...”

Lara looked up at Lois with her eyes shining, excited to hear more of her mom’s teen years.

“At that time, the reason I did that was because I wasn’t able to connect well with being a normal girl.” Lois held Lara’s hand as she continued. “My parents were very strict on gender roles, so as I grew up, I was always treated and pampered like a princess, and this was getting on my nerves. When I was about fifteen, I made some drastic changes, and you know how it turned out.”

Lara grinned as she remembered Lois’s old photos.

“I was really happy at that time, because it was like I got the freedom that I needed so much during my childhood. But when I was nineteen, I got rid of all of it.”

Lara looked at her mom in disbelief. She had looked so great in her punk outfits that the young girl couldn’t understand what could have convinced her to stop so suddenly. “But why?” she asked.

“I finally understood that it didn’t suit me. It wasn’t me. I was doing it because I was angry at femininity, but I realized that the problem wasn’t “being girly”. It was my parents.”

Lara was lost. What was her mom suggesting to her? Was she supposed to be angry at her and Dad? “But... It’s not your fault. You’ve forced nothing on me, I can’t be mad at you.”

Hearing this, Lois chuckled “Oh, sweetie. I’m not saying you should. In your case, it’s probably not us at fault. Or if it is, then I hope you’ll tell us. But society also plays a part in your life, and it’s responsible for a lot of difficulties that kids like you go through.”

Lois’s eyes met Lara’s, as she carried on talking. “I remember in the barn, when you were so upset. Trying to tell us who you really were. After that, I thought about what I had done wrong. How could it be so hard for you to tell us this despite all our efforts to not force anything on you? We’ve probably made some mistakes, but all this fear? It’s pretty much always caused by things out of our control.”

Lara looked up at her mother “I don’t see where you’re going with this... I mean... Yeah, we all make mistakes. I thought I was a boy for years, and so did everyone else. But it’s not really fair to call them mistakes though...

“If we had known the truth, you can be sure it would’ve been easier.” Said Lois with a simple caring smile.

Lara looked back, trying to smile through the tears that were trying to come back. “I still don’t know what to think about the whole kiss thing...” She sighed.

Lois stayed silent for a moment, rubbing Lara’s back. She needed to think of her answer, to try and give her the best advice she could. “What I meant about my punk phase is... You were in a situation where someone forced something on you, and because you didn’t suspect this someone to be the cause of your problems, you started to hate the situation itself. You needed to aim your frustration at something. In my case it was my parents, and femininity.”

Lois looked down at her daughter. “But in your case, it’s society, and masculinity. You might feel tempted to avoid doing anything that would make you look masculine, and do everything to make you look feminine. But you shouldn't do that if it makes you feel bad. Just act as yourself, sweetie, and take the time you need to explore, even if it means trying out stereotypes.”

Lara looked at her mom in confusion. “I don’t understand.You say I should avoid stereotypes, but that I should try stereotypes?”

Lois sighed and hugged her daughter, thinking back again on how to say it clearly. “It’s not about what you do. It’s about what you like. You’re a trans girl, so you’ll be tempted to try anything feminine, even things you end up disliking. But it’s not about femininity, it’s about happiness. And if what you like is being stereotypical, then so be it. Because you won’t be forcing yourself, you will be doing it because you want to.”

Lois breathed a sigh, hoping that she had been clear enough. She smiled at Lara “So now, tell me honey, did you like that kiss? What did you kiss him for?”

Lara took some time to answer. It was late and she was still processing the long and confusing speech that her mom had just given to her. “I suppose... I don’t think I forced myself to do it. I just wanted to thank him, and that was what I thought of. I was thinking about being feminine, for sure... but not about how to be. I was just happy to be a girl.”

Lara smiled and sighed, both tired and relieved. It had been a long day for her, and a huge weight had just been lifted off her shoulders. “Thank you.” she mumbled, cuddling her mom as she rested her head against Lois’ arm.

Lois held her for a minute, letting them have a sweet moment together before bedtime. As she started to move, slowly getting out of Lara’s grip, she noticed that the young girl had fallen asleep. Gazing sweetly at her daughter, Lois held her like a princess and lay her under the covers, putting her to bed with a kiss on her forehead.

She headed out of the room, glancing back at Lara, sleeping peacefully. She turned off the light and closed the door. “Goodnight, Supergirl.” she whispered.

16