Ch 41. Lunch Arrangements
11.2k 8 126
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had a nice sleep, or at least the little bit that I could get was nice. Over time I began noticing the physical changes I was undergoing as a result of the systems enhancements, things like this. I was now to the point now where I couldn't physically sleep for a long time, it seems three hours was close to my limit. Beyond that I'd simply pretend to be asleep, or spend my time like I was now. Letting me wondering if I would eventually lose the need to sleep entirely if my constitution got any higher. 

Sitting on the couch, I watched Tammy and Belle sleeping peacefully. The two of them snuggled up for warmth under the covers, our fireplace having died down to coals over the night. Tammy it seems had a very clingy nature, just like she did during sex with me, she had managed to wrap herself around Belle with her arms and legs, using her like an oversized pillow. The two of them completely oblivious to the fact that their faces were close enough to be kissing, exhausted after a long night. The blanket rising and falling peacefully which each breath they took. 

I didn't minding spending time like this, but I was waiting for something. As soon as it was light out, I was to head over to the mansion to get ready for the 'picnic' Marcella and I had planned. I decided it was time to introduce Tammy to Marcella as well, but I would leave that for the actual event. Giving Tammy and Belle some opportunity to catch up on much needed sleep. 

After a quick washing in the brisk morning air, I summoned my clothes from the inventory and headed off. 


The guards at the mansion greeted me and let me pass as usual, now well accustomed to my visits. 

Maids and servants scurried about the grounds busily, seemingly in a rush to meet Marcella and I's sudden demands. Making it inside, I found a happy looking Marcella, eager to be going on an 'adventure' today, even if the stated reason was for something different. She led me to the kitchen, allowing me to see that the cooks had done a fantastic job preparing the lunch set early, everything laid out for me. Marcella watching with amusement as I carefully stored a small wooden table, chairs, silverware, and each plated meal.

"You're so convenient Keaton! I love having you around." She said from the side, giggling a bit and eliciting a grimace from me. The only parts of me she seemed to like were my abilities. 

"Thanks Marcella." I said, kissing her on the cheek. "Is everything ready for today?"

She nodded excitedly.

"Daddy thought it was a great idea. A picnic outside the wall, that's so exciting." She said happily.

I suppose it's a good thing she's in a good mood, I thought. Knowing that I'd be introducing my new woman today. She really couldn't say anything about it, given that this was fairly normal for any man of renown. My father had a dozen for goodness sakes, and he was only a knight. I had to say that Jagen was quite unusual himself, only taking two wives for a man of his position was very strange. Even so, Marcella showed quite an open hostility to the second side of her family, her relationship with Cal and his younger sister being quite strained. 

I could only imagine how she'd react to Tammy. Perhaps I was lucky with Belle's situation, Marcella's affinity for beastkin being an unexpected boon, but twice in a row might be too much to ask for. Regardless, I had already claimed Tammy in my heart, and no matter how Marcella reacted I wouldn't be easily swayed. 

Marcella and I walked around, while discussing arrangements. Apparently her father though it was prudent for the rest of the family to exclude themselves from the adventure, allowing Marcella and I some time together. That certainly didn't mean we were going alone though.

A row of knights were marshaling outside the house, dressed in various fine armor, much like my own. Perhaps in a larger estate they'd have more uniform styles, but given that we were on a frontier town nobody was very particular about the looks. Next to them were more than three times their number in soldiers, much less well dressed, but still seemingly well trained. Holding rank even if all they were doing was standing around. I could tell Jagen was a protective father, but the difference here just seemed a little extreme to me. He only gave me two knights when I went outside while she gets this many? Perhaps he just had a lot of confidence in his son in law.

I wasted time together with Marcella until it seemed like we were almost ready to go, prompting me to break off early. Letting Marcella know I needed to get something from my house. 


It was just before noon now, which had allowed the two girls to sleep in a few more hours, but maybe not as much as they had wanted. Only stirring somewhat from the noise I made when entering, but not fully awake. 

I poured them some tea and breakfast, something extra I had picked up from the mansion's cooks just an hour ago. The two groggily eating the lavishly prepared meal before washing and dressing, Tammy blushing shyly the whole time while sneaking peaks at Belle, but no longer as uncomfortable in her presence. All the while Belle just ate happily, oblivious to it all, but stopping suddenly as if she remembered something looking at me inquisitively. 

"Master, did Belle do a good job? Belle wants her reward." She asked unprompted, twitching her ears at me. Somewhat worried that I would tease her by retracting my promises. I suppose I used to do that when I was younger, but her fears were unfounded. I really did mean what I said. 

I looked at the two of them, amused at Tammy's reddening face.

"Why don't we ask Tammy? Tammy, did Belle do a good job?" Watching Tammy squirm in her chair uncomfortably while receiving our stares. 

She just nodded, ashamed to look either me or Belle in the eye. A smile beginning peeking through on her face. 

"Isn't that great Belle. I'll make sure to get you your reward." 

She purred happily while finishing her meal. Her tail unconsciously drifting over to Tammy's seat. 

Afterwards I watched the two bath and dress, letting them know about the picnic while they readied themselves. 

Tammy seemed somewhat nervous about meeting Marcella for the first time, wanting to make a good impression with the girl who was to be my 'proper' wife. 

Setting out again, my arms around both women's waists as we walked together. 

 

126