Ch 46. Spending Points?
8.8k 10 125
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We returned as a group, although I was trying to be cautious while leaving the forest, I was still somewhat distracted when thinking about my points.

Now that I was considering methods to improve my abilities naturally, I was hesitant to put points into anything for fear of sacrificing future growth any more than I already had. 

Marcella seemed really embarrassed by my mirror-gazing earlier, so I decided to spare her any further shame. Choosing to put that off until I was home. She seemed quite nervous as well, which I wasn't surprised by, she was probably in for something of a scolding once her father found out what she had said earlier. Jagen seemed quite the doting father so I'm sure she'd be fine. 

We split off from the group when we got into town. Tammy, Belle, and I heading home, while Marcella and her escort continued on into town, over to her father's mansion. 

Getting back to my own home, the first thing I did was to step in front of my mirror. Studying the changes now that I had a good amount of time to myself. Tammy watching me with a pout from the bed, before Belle jumped on alongside her. The two of them whispering too faintly for me to make out. Ignoring the two while they giggled and talked, while I turned my attention back to the mirror. 

Available Classes Skills
Adventurer lvl 13 Physical Boost lvl 10, Inventory lvl 3
Alchemist lvl 10 Identification lvl 10, Cultivation lvl 1
Archer lvl 1 Aim lvl 1
Blacksmith lvl 3 Blacksmithing lvl 1
Commoner lvl 4 Lesser Stamina lvl 1
Cook lvl 4 Cooking lvl 1
Farmer lvl 3 Farming lvl 1
Fighter lvl 4 Fighting Sense lvl 1
Leatherworker lvl 3 Leatherworking lvl 1
Pathfinder lvl 4 Navigation lvl 1
Physician lvl 3 Anatomy lvl 1
Potter lvl 3 Sculpting lvl 1
Swordsman lvl 10
Sword Mastery lvl 10, Sword Edge lvl 5
Spearman lvl 3 Spear Mastery lvl 1
Steward lvl 3 Management lvl 1
Tailor lvl 3 Tailoring lvl 1

 

Status Points: 10
Skill Points: 26
Class:
Adventurer lvl 13, Alchemist lvl 10
Skills:
Physical Boost lvl 10, Inventory lvl 3, Identification lvl 10, Cultivation lvl 1

I had equipped Adventurer and Alchemist during the 'picnic', having not been particularly worried about my safety, I had put on the classes that most interested me. I had yet to see a third tier skill yet, so I was putting experience into Adventurer to find out what I would get. So far Adventurer had given me the best returns out of any class, I was betting on its continued returns.

My second class had been Alchemist. [Identification] had proven to be rather versatile, allowing me to know the inherent beneficial or deleterious effects of various herbs and monster parts. It was something that I could probably work out some collaboration with Cal over, maybe make some money on the side or even develop some methods of enhancing my attributes naturally. Now that I knew just how important this method of enhancement was, I was eager to try finding ingredients with effects on wisdom, charisma, or intelligence. 

I was fortunate enough that [alchemist] had reached level 10 off of the leftover aurochs and the gigantic chameleon snake, but the active skill that I received was leaving me increasingly confused. [Cultivation] was the skill I had gotten, but I had absolutely no idea as to how I should be using it. Every time I tried to activate it, nothing seemed different. Leaving me scratching my head while I pondered the issue. 

This was a level 10 ability, unless System was wrong, then this should definitely be an activated skill and not a passive.

Thinking of the class it was associated with, it should have something to do with alchemy. What was the purpose of alchemy? Cultivation of medicinal? Somehow that didn't sound right to me, but I couldn't think of any other situations that might fit the context of 'cultivation'. I would probably need to make a visit to Cal's place, see if an actual alchemist would have any ideas. 

On the attribute front... I didn't really feel like I should make a choice right now. If I used any points on any of three types I had yet to invest in, I would be spoiling my future potential. Constitution was probably safe to invest in, but I wasn't sure if I needed any further points there at the moment. My body was already extremely durable, and none of the hunts so far had felt particularly threatening to me. Even from the giant snake I faced today, with my armor and the toughness of my skin, muscles, and bones, I didn't feel like I would die even if I took a bite straight on. 

With that settled I wouldn't touch my attributes just yet, leaving me on my quest to explore my new skill. 

"Girls. I'm going to pay Cal a visit, would either of you care to join me?" I said while turning around. 

Only to be hit by a pair of wadded up pink panties. 

"Boo!" Tammy yelled out unhappily. 

In my contemplation I missed that the two of them had stripped down, readying themselves for a round of our favorite activity. 

"You see the two of us like this, and you want to go to man's place?" She said provocatively. Cupping Belle's breasts while she demonstrated them to me. I saw with amusement that she chose to do this with Belle's rather than her own, noting her deficiency in this aspect. 

"Mm. There's time for that later. Are you coming or not?" I was not going to be so easily provoked, owing much to my excitement over testing my new ability.

The two of them simply dressed dejectedly. Answering my question nonverbally. Before long we were headed out the door, giving both of their butts a pinch for good measure. Eliciting a pair of surprised yelps. I would indeed make time for them later. 


 

 

 

 

 

125