Ch 84. Happy News
5.1k 3 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dropping down to the inside of the wall, I started making my way back to the road. Walking across the fields and seeing a strange flashing of lights from the wall. I knew that the guards had scouting lenses, letting them keep track of what was happening on the plains, but there was little reason for them to be pointing it at the city. Though I suppose with all the time they spent up there all day, who could blame them for goofing off for a moment. 

I was in a good mood, to the point that their lack of caution didn't bother me, making it back to the farm house while following the road.

Nobody was out in the yard, so the girls must both be inside. Getting an idea for a bit of a prank, I walked carefully up to the door with [soft steps] skill activated, eliminating the sound of my footsteps as I approached. Planning to give the girls a surprise.

Placing my hand on the door, pausing to wonder if I could get through without them noticing me. Movement by the window indicating that the plan had already failed, the door swinging open suddenly before I even had the opportunity. 

"Nyaa, master. Belle thought she smelled you." Belle peered at me curiously through the open door, her tail swishing through the air. 

Sighing at the lost opportunity. Trying to surprise anyone with Belle present seemed to be out of the question. 

Tammy noticed who was by the door and came over smiling. It looked like she was cooking something on the fire, in a pot but I couldn't tell what. She seemed really excited for some reason, it's true I was gone since the morning, but I couldn't think of a reason why she would be so happy. 

"Keaton, I have really good news..." She said while ushering me inside.

Still not sure what was going on, even Belle seemed like she was in a strangely good mood.

"I'm pregnant." Tammy whispered in my ear. 

"Really?"

That was good news, but it was a little surprising to me. Her first time was only a month ago, and with how quickly it happened it seems like my theory about constitution having an impact on fertility had some validity to it. 

"I missed my period, and Belle... go on Belle, tell him." Tammy urged the eager cat girl forward.

"Belle can tell, Belle knows Tammy pregnant." Wiggling her nose again. 

Again with that sense of smell, lately Belle kept exceeding my expectations of what she was capable of. Her sense of smell was far better than any hunting dog, if she said she could tell then I was somewhat inclined to believe it. 

I suppose this was the natural result of a man and woman's relationship, being with Belle for so long had made me forget that. The idea of being a father was still a bit foreign to me, but now that it was happening I had no choice but to take responsibility for it. 

Smiling and putting my arms around Tammy's waist, feeling her stomach tenderly. 

"That's great news Tammy. I'm happy to hear that."

Cuddling Tammy from behind while Belle looked on jealously, stroking her own belly longingly. Looking at me expectantly, I suppose I was going to be busy tonight.

As far as how that changed our relationship? The immediate effect was that she was somewhat hesitant to have sex anymore, we'd all heard the wives-tales of the dangers of sex while pregnant, but she did offer to use her mouth in exchange. The woman instantly going into overprotective mode now that she knew she was carrying our child.

Watching her with amusement as she stepped around the house carefully, already acting like an extremely pregnant woman despite being nowhere near the point of showing. 

When it came to the boiling pot on the fireplace, Tammy had another explanation. Even though I normally brought back already cooked meals, having weeks worth of food from the mansion stored within my inventory, Tammy decided she wanted to try cooking today to celebrate the news. Her motherly instincts already developing to the point that she was showing an interest in proving she could cook. It looked like a basic stew, winter vegetables and potato, a fitting meal for our farm home. 

This was something similar to what I ate when I first went to her parent's house, feeling a bit nostalgic. When the soup was ready, I decided to add a bit of meat to the meal, summoning out a few strips of cooked auroch to plate alongside the soup. An addition that Belle much appreciated, the girl would probably eat meat every meal if she could help it. 

Belle instantly going for the meat, while I enjoyed the stew. A meal that Tammy had made for me with all of her feelings of love, seeing her watch me eat with a smile on her face. 

Licking the bowl when done, waiting for Belle to finish. She seemed more interested in making eyes at me than eating her meal. It was easy enough to tell that the baby had gotten her thinking. 

Tammy looked at Belle with a wry smile, she was happy about her own child, but like me she knew beastkin weren't compatible with humans. We were a completely different species, after all. 

Even though I had some suspicions that the system could make things possible, that could be years away for all I knew. 

She finally got up from her chair, tugging at my hand to lead me over to the bed. 

"Master, bedtime! Belle's turn for kitties."

Belle was being incredibly forward, almost trying to drag me out my my chair with both of her arms. If it was anyone else as her master, they would have been quite offended by her actions, but I could tell Belle had already gone into heat at this point. 

Sighing as I got up, starting to get in the mood while Tammy cleaned up the plates, having already opted out of this session due to the baby she was trying her best to help out around the household to prove her motherly side. 

75