34- Aiden
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Well, then I'll see you in a few days on the website," said Tom as he said goodbye to his friends.

The year of study was over, and the children could rest from now on. So as agreed, they would go to the world of creatures.

Until now, it was safe for humans to go to that world; at first, people were trying to control everything about it, but obviously, it was challenging to go against the Singularity. Their order was that it was open to everyone who owned the bracelet so that no one could limit the entry and exit of the wearers.

Beyond that, it didn't get in the way of what they did in that world. The ownership of the treasures belonged to whoever collected them, whether users or creatures. Besides, some villages were being built for the transition of users in some areas where the portals were isolated.

It was a total success. The uniqueness had kept the system similar to a video game that already existed when it was only VR; there were missions of all kinds and rewards, plus an improvement system for the creatures. That was not only available to users but also creatures. Unlike before, this gave more personality to this world in continuous growth. And now there were unique creatures thanks to this.

Therefore Drako had repeatedly urged Tom to visit this world. Since his second stage was the limit until that news was given, he could now evolve once again if they went to that world. The creatures that inhabited vyndra were linked to their tamer, and to visit this world alone, they first had to go with them, then they could move freely.

On the other hand, the creatures that were not attached to the bracelet could not move at will to the plane of Vyndra.

Even though the school year was over, it did not mean that I would stop training. Like every day, Tom went to the gym, where he met his teacher.

After their session, they talked about what they were planning for the break. His teacher told him that he would go with them to the world of creatures. They wouldn't be together all the time, but he would move around them if they needed help. After all, there were creatures now that could kill humans.

Although some objects could save them from that, and without forgetting that they were gifted and could defend themselves, they should not be trusted. They still needed to be near a portal to return to vyndra.

When he heard this, he couldn't help but be stunned. For some reason, he still thought it was like one of those VR games.

- Don't forget no matter how ornate this one is, it's not a game; it's reality, and indeed, there are threats in that place. Said his teacher as she looked into his eyes.

Tom swallowed as he considered this, and Noelle wondered why there was no age limit to entering that world. While the existence of the Singularity was public knowledge, the public did not know what the limits of their independence and authority were, so it was customary for this questioning to take place between people.

- Still, I imagine your friends will have people watching them too. Do you know anything about that?

- It didn't even occur to me to ask that. Drako, did they say anything to you?

- No, we didn't talk about that," answered Drako, who finished his fight with Batze and Iska in AR.

After that, he changed, and they left.

- Well, I'll see you tomorrow then. Rest well," Noelle said, as she nodded her head.

Tom said goodbye and walked to his apartment while looking at the sky.

Aiden was in his home gym, lying on the floor and quite agitated. He had some cuts in his clothes, and sweat was running down his body. Next to him were his three creatures, and his teacher at one end of the room was watching quietly.

- Do you understand why the center encouraged them to go to that world?

- Yes, and Dad told me too; they want us to have more combat experience," Aiden replied as the sweat dried.

- Will you have any problem dealing with the creatures?

- No... we don't know what will happen, anyway.

- Then let's continue.

He was currently fighting with his creatures. His teacher told him he needed to know first-hand what they could do to better coordinate on the battlefield. He was quite dangerous; Bronk had swords on the ends of his arms, so he had to be on the lookout for their attacks.

His other two creatures, Sharp and Keen, were also equipped with weapons. Aiden liked the knights that appeared in those old stories and novels, so when he got the bracelet and saw that there were creatures that looked like that, he raised them.

Right now, he was a little sorry about that, but he didn't let it affect him; he was sure that his help would be more substantial in the future. Since the invasion, he had intensified his training; he didn't want to be left behind by Tom.

As he concentrated on using his gift to fight back with his needles and use a blast of air to get rid of his attackers, he realized that he had never fought Tom or any of his friends.

Putting that thought aside, he felt that manipulating air pressure was one of the necessary skills a gifted person learned after waking up. But it took quite some time, and Tom had managed to use this within days of drinking the cocktail, whereas he and the rest were only able to control it a few weeks ago.

Remembering this, Adolf was recently focusing on manipulating the water with his creatures' abilities. It was quite challenging to identify what it was like to see "the world of waves," so he was quite impressed when he told them how he was practicing this.

Looking at his creatures, he wondered if there was anything he could learn from them, but he denied it right away; at least now, he was sure there wasn't. Maybe if they could evolve, there would be some possibility.

And his older brothers had no creatures either, so he decided not to worry about that for the time being. Although her sister told her that she would soon adopt one since the army was about to reorganize its unit, so she was looking for one that was compatible with her.

Suddenly she felt one of Bronk's leaves go into her domain; a slight chill ran down her back when she realized she couldn't avoid it.

He could almost feel the sharp blade cutting into his forehead.

- Don't let your mind wander in the middle of a fight," his teacher said in a hoarse voice as he intervened.

- I'm sorry.

- It's all right; it's time. Get some rest.

- Yes, teacher.

He made his creatures return to their digital state and left the room. He saw his mother sitting in the next room and rushed to her.

- Naughty boy. You better go take a bath," he said as he stirred her hair.

- Heh, well, what are you doing here? You're back early today.

- Yeah, so I'm cooking today. Do you want anything in particular?

- Anything is fine. Will daddy eat with us?

- I'm not sure, you know how things are now, but he told me that next week everything would be back to normal.

- ahh...

- So take a bath at once - I command you while pinching his neck

- yes, yes.

Aiden ran to his room. After taking a shower, he started watching one of the spice tournaments again. His eyes glowed as he watched the fantastic battles, they were quite entertaining and served as study material for a gifted, but he went blank when one of the fights ended abruptly. A Kovirim had killed a gifted at the beginning of the battle; it was one of the fastest victories of the last tournaments.

He felt a sensation of acidity run through his throat and reach his mouth, and immediately he took some of the water on the desk.

The image of the gifted dead overlapped with those he saw in the invasion. He controlled his breathing and watched the game again; his father told him that it would be better to get used to seeing those things. That's why he was watching this particular tournament.

Even so, he didn't want to think about things that wouldn't happen yet; at this moment, he just wanted to have fun with his friends and forget about these serious things, he knew they were part of the future he dreamed of, but he didn't want to stop playing like any other child his age.

He knew it was contradictory, considering what he wanted and what was expected from a gifted child.

Thinking about the days to come, he decided that after the vacations, he would give it his all again.

 

0