42-The orb
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When it was considered strong enough to survive on its own, it left the city of "births." It was her duty as a progenitor if she survived long enough to establish a new species in this world.

During her journey, she confronted creatures, some of which she defeated and became part of your strength and some of which she escaped to continue living.

During her wanderings, she discovered a cave, inside of which there were different species of creatures that lived together, some of which were variants that had a force to be taken into account. Although they were strong, they were not strong enough to oppose her.

What they had was numbers, so it took me quite a while to clean out the cave. She could have gone somewhere else, but she felt a strange energy in the cave, and out of curiosity, she could take advantage of it to feed her strength.

When she finally got rid of that discomfort, she investigated the cave thoroughly. She knew where the source of that energy was but saved it for last. First, she had to make sure there would be no more creatures.

When he confirmed that there were no more inhabitants in the cave, he went to the circular room where the source was. The entrance had been sealed when she fought a creature who sacrificed himself by transforming into a crystal.

After some time, she entered, the strange sphere of energy seemed to call her in the center, but she was afraid to touch it. Being at a certain distance, I could feel the strength of the energy is radiated. The days passed, and she could not avoid moving away from this thing. When hunger followed her, unconsciously, she fed on the light that radiated as she did on the energy of the sun that came to the planet.

 Every time her body could not absorb the energy, she extended her roots and sometimes separated from them, and thus her children were born and sometimes died, usually because he could not bear the orb's energy.

Time passed, and now the peace she had achieved was cut off.

The creature saw the humans outside the dome. Surely they would try to steal the orb, just as those who invaded their territory wanted to do. She ordered her four sons to take care of these invaders.

They responded immediately, but their opponents were not far behind. One released the one he held and touched the rubble while the other defended him by firing some needles. It worried her that the larger one and a creature would not take part.

She decided not to intervene and see how the scenario would evolve.

The one who was touching the rubble stopped and raising both arms. He had a scowl as if he were doing strength. The rocks around him rose and attacked his children. The girl behind him was also doing something, and more rocks were placed around her.

-Tom kept it up," he cried.

She didn't quite understand what she was saying, but she thought to know what she was saying. It was strange since it was the first time she had seen this being since she was born. She remembered that there were another one of those beings that had escaped, unaware that she had broken the wall. She could no longer see him.

She also lost sight of the creature she had hit. There was no way to find him because rocks were flying in her field of vision. She felt something strange approach, but she did not know from where. There was nothing at her sides. A current of air hit her neck, but it was not strong enough to knock her down.

When she turned around to see what it was, there were another one of those kids coming from the air that seemed to have jumped from the dome. She prepared to hit him, but something hit him on his left side.

This was the creature that had invaded his territory. He looked quite bruised, but he had a fierce look on his face. He waved his arm and hit it without thinking, tried to do the same with the one that had jumped on it, but it was no longer in sight.

- Guys, this one is pretty tough - to the sound of him screaming a few feet to his right - I don't think he can take a punch!
- Use the rocks too. Let's get them back inside the room!

After that exchange, the boy somehow floated some rocks and used them as projectiles. She was furious that he was hurting her with that; it was just scratched, but it offended her. These things dared to disturb her peace.

Every time she tried to get close, the child managed to distance herself and the child, using a gust of air to propel herself. She knew that it was only a little time she needed to crush him.

And it looked like the boy was losing control of some rocks every time he moved using bursts.

She stopped for a moment to observe the area. Her children could not stand the discharge of projectiles and lay unconscious on the ground. They would recover immediately if they absorbed the energy that the orb emitted.

Their enemies did not intend to finish them, and those two murmured something besides the creature that was now beside them.

While deciding how to proceed, the creature next to the child ran in their direction. She was prepared to repel him, but the girl shouted at the boy who kept her distance to attack.

From both sides, it rained rocks, the intensity of which was quite disturbing. As she tried to figure out where to go first, she saw the creature pass by and enter the dome.

Immediately following him, she could not let him get close to the orb.

But a few steps later, she suddenly stopped. Shaking her arms madly, she felt that something was brushed against her, turned to see what it was, and found that the children were near.

- I'm sorry I couldn't stop him any longer," said Tom as he touched his chest where you could see his clothes were cut.

- It's okay; Iska is already inside," answered Sarah as he watched her.

- Now what? Aiden was quite agitated.

- According to Iska, they were circling the orb. We're going to make time by using him as a decoy.

She stopped listening to them and ran towards the orb. At some point, they had attacked her again by shooting rocks at her. She had become bigger and stronger, thanks to being near that object. She could not let it be taken away from her.

When she was inside, she saw how the creature was about to take the orb of light. Despite having spent so much time near that object, he never had taken it. He considered it as something that radiates energy and feeds on it.

For her, it was an object to contemplate; she felt unworthy of touching it and that someone would even try to take it. Not even her children had considered such a thing, and that creature was doing it as if it were nothing. 

She roared with anger when the creature absorbed the orb. The light had disappeared. Only slight glares remained that emanated from the plants and were reflected in crystals.

Jumping with all his strength to the pillar, there was only this creature with a dazed aspect. It stretched out its roots and held on and swayed, using as support those it had planted in place while feeding on the energy of the orb. 

Her enemy had dodged at the last moment the blow with which she landed on the platform. Continuing her wave of attacks with all of her strength, the opponent could dodge some of them with effort but hit an attack that sent him flying towards the wall.

Iska struggled and got up; his entire body hurt. He realized that his enemy had lost his mind and was not paying attention to the rocks that affected his body. He was in a totally wild state. His mobility and strength had increased.

Sarah's plan was simple, to use the orb as bait and try to stall until her companions arrived. To do this, they would pass the object between them, Iska had not confirmed this, but he had a feeling that the sphere was not harmful. That's why he only said that there should be no problem if they took the object.

Unfortunately, as soon as he contacted the orb, it went in or was absorbed by his body. He could not understand exactly what happened.

Now there was only the option of running and being the one who had to do the work. He wasn't sure if Tom and the others had seen what happened to the sphere, so he went and told them himself.

He ran, jumped, and dodged. He had lost track of how many times he had repeated this. When he thought he'd finally put some distance between him and Tom, he went over.

 He saw a worried expression on his face, covered with sweat. He continued to shoot, and now more desperately than before, he was also starting to move away. Then he realized what he had done, so he tried to change direction to carry his load somewhere else.

Unfortunately, the moment he turned to his right, the creature responded by sticking his arms in the ground to change direction. The inertia violently moved his enormous body, which impacted Tom, who was in the middle of his movement. 

 

0