Rain and Shark
2k 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" Who the hell might you be ? Did I somehow become crazy because of this torture I went through ? Or are you invisible ?" Asked Jonathan, looking around for any traces of the person who had just spoke to him.

[ I can assure you Host that you have no mental issues. Also it is useless to look around, for I am in your mind and as such cannot be seen. Except if you open my menu, which would make a screen appear right in your face. ]

Jonathan looked stumped by that, which was normal since he now felt as if all of this was oddly familiar. And it was. As a fan of mangas, novels, comic books and many other things, the System trope wasn't unfamiliar to him. And as such, his shock quickly change to excitement.

" You mean to tell me that God gave me a System ? And I am really in the world of Naruto ?" He asked rapidly jumping like the teenager he now was.

[ That is the case Host.]

"Ha ! It looks more like a personalized version of heaven rather than a test. I mean this world is dangerous, but the mere fact that I now possess and am now in a world I dreamt of all of my life is simply euphoric !" Yelled Jonathan. He had gone to anxious to hyped in a matter of seconds.

[ Well, do try to be attentive before your mind fry due to your high excitement. For I am about to tell you what I am able to do. ]

Jonathan tried to calm himself as much as possible, and sat just below a tree, while his heart continued to beat intensely.

[ Now I am not called the Gacha System for nothing. I will not explain to you what a Gacha is, since it will be an insult to your knowledge, but I am a little bit different than you might think. To be able to use me, you will need to accomplish the tasks that are given to you once you enter a new world, but this will only give you one ticket to use, though it will be an immensely useful ticket. Now to use me more frequently you will need to accomplish the quests that I give you, which will reward you with different types of tickets, and make me stronger, which in return will allow, you to have access to a wider choice of options. Per exemple, right now you can only get Items and Skills tickets. But as I grow stronger, you will given other types of tickets and will unlock some of my other menus. Oh and I also need to stipulate that each things that you will summon by tiers that goes from 1 to 10, and any tickets can give you things of various tiers, though it's all based on your luck. And I do think you know how bad it is. ]

Jonathan mood changed a lot as the System talked, but even the last note wasn't able to wipe the smile off his face.

" Well I mean it's only fair. This is already good enough to be considered a cheat.....Damn I am cheating in real life, this is all too good to be true." Jonathan said, quivering with delight.

However his smile disappeared as he remembered something.

" God told me about the Tasks I am supposed to accomplish. What is the one I need to accomplish in this world ?" He asked, his anxiousness returning with a vengeance.

[ The task that GOD gave you is the following: Help Ootsutsuki Kaguya and Uchiha Madara win the Fourth Great Ninja War. ]

Jonathan took a little time to process what the system just told him. And then it dawned on him. He took this revelation like an uppercut to the jaw.

" I...I always kind of thought like that, but to think it was actually the golden rule of the universe. I am not going to like this.....Not at all. I mean I love Madara and Kaguya, they are my favourite characters but how the hell am I supposed to help them ? They are up against the good guys so....Oh goddamnit !" Exclaimed Jonathan as everything became clear in his mind.

[ This is unexpected Host. You seem to have found the answer already. Which does not change the fact that you will need to experience it for yourself, but it is indeed surprising nonetheless. ]

Jonathan wasn't even listening to the system, he was drowned in his own thoughts.

' If the golden rule of the universe is that Good and Evil shall always exist and that none of the two will ever prevail on the other.....Then Madara and Kaguya can actually win since the fictional rule of ' The Good Guys always win' doesn't apply in the real world. Oh fucking hell, I am actually gonna help Madara and Kaguya. I don't even know how to feel. I am a bit happy to be on their sides, but then again they are the bad guys and I love some of the good guys. ' Thought the teenager. It took him another minute of intense thoughts before he heard the system.

[ You are actually wrong Host. Well partially wrong. The fictional worlds that you will be sent to, which means this one also, have all been altered so you cannot fully use your Meta-Knowledge. As such you never know who will end up in which camp, your favourite characters may end up in your side, and you could even get them on your side on your own. This world is ruled by the golden rule of the universe, no one is perfectly good and no one is perfectly evil. ]

Now reassured by the system, Jonathan breathed out in relief. Though he was a bit scared by those alterations, who knew what God did to this world. He would be doomed if say, Obito was actually a good guy and he tried to get to him to join Madara's side. Hopefully God didn't make such changes.

"Okay then, what is the first thing I need to do ? I mean I can't exactly just randomly search for Madara so I can his side. Firstly I won't be able to find him and Secondly that's way too dangerous." Jonathan pointed out. Looking around he saw that there was nothing around him except for the clearing and some animals in the distance, so he didn't need to be on guard for now.

[ Well of course the first step is to get strong enough to not die instantly after encountering the first threat. As such.....First Quest issued: Find where you are ]

[ Reward: Item Ticket *2, Skill Ticket *2 ]

" That's a way to start I guess. I just hope I'm not close to Sound Country. Actually I may have been sent after the whole thing with Orochimaru so maybe Sound is less dangerous. " Said Jonathan to himself, but the system intervened.

[ You have been sent at the very beginning of Naruto as you know it. ]

Jonathan frowned for a bit but relented in the end.

" Bad news, but it could've been worse. I mean I could've been sent during the Uchiha VS Senju Era as I like to call it. Makes me shiver just by thinking of it. I mean on one side the hypocrites and on the other the psychopaths. I would've been dead in a matter of days." Said Jonathan as he continued to walk in the direction of the nearest forest. It took him a few hours of walk until he finally found that could tell him where he was. And the answer didn't really please him.

In the distance, he could see it, a land where rain always poured, where the sky was always gray and where the atmosphere screamed depression, and also orange-haired dude who had enough power to be considered a god.

" So I am close to Ame. Hmmm...I do hope it means I can go to Konoha by simply going in the opposite direction." Said Jonathan, at the same time, the system made a ringing sound.

[ Congratulation Host ! You have completed your first quest ! You can open the Gacha menu by simply thinking about it and use your two tickets.]

Jonathan was about to do so, however luck didn't seem to be on his side, as a hand striked his neck and he immediately lost conciousness, the last thing he saw being a ninja wearing the headband of Ame around his arm.

Jonathan would only wake up a few hours after this, in a cold and disturbingly humid prison cell.

' Wait....What the hell ?! Oh god no ! I forgot about Ame's politics ! Ughhh why did I have to get close to that fucking village ?' Thought Jonathan, as he instantly understood what happened. Ame wasn't exactly kind towards strangers, and he looked quite suspiscious given that he was wearing clothes that no one in this entire world had ever seen.

[ Well, it might be a good time to use your tickets, Host. It may enhance your chances of not getting Shinra Tensei'd out of existence. ]

' I do not exactly appreciated your Naruto reference System.' Thought Jonathan but he still complied, especially since he heard the sound of a door being opened and someone walking in the room that contained roughly seven empty cells plus the one Jonathan was in.

[ The Item Tickets were used ! ]

[ Reward: Ame's Jonin Outfit, Basic Katana ]

' ....Holy Shit ! How do I get this thing on, System ! It may really save my ass !' Thought Jonathan, his mind racing as fast as it could as he could hear someone else entering the room and two sets of footsteps rapidly approaching his cell.

[ Think about it, Host. I am in your mind after all. ]

Jonathan did so, and the Outfit replaced his old outfit in an instant, just as the katana appeared, strapped to his hip. He also received a notification that said that his outfit had been stored in the inventory, but he didn't have the time to look at it. A chunin and a Jonin of Ame appeared in front of his cell. Jonathan tried to look as calm as possible, while the Chunin looked shocked.

The Jonin growled before turning towards the Chunin who immediately turned red.

" I-I can explain ! I swear he had some strange clothes on him when I knocked him out of it. Plus he doesn't look like any of the Jonin we know, maybe it's a Genjutsu ?" The Chunin said, trying to defend himself, but the Jonin, a middle-aged man with a tear tattoo under his left eye, just punched him in the stomach before yelling at him.

" Don't fucking lie to me ! It already happened once ! I would've sensed it if it was a genjutsu, I am a Genjutsu expert, remember you dumbass ? Or are you drunk again ?! I swear i am gonna kill you ! On one side I am happy you mastered the stealth art of your clan enough to be able to sneak up on a Jonin, but you actually fucking knocked out a Jonin !" After his rent was finished, the Jonin merely looked at Jonathan and sighed.

" Also, you damn moron, need I remind you that a lot of foreign ninjas have joigned the village after the last Chunin exam, our village is pretty popular due to it's strict policy towards strangers. Of course we don't know every fucking Jonin that are in the village. Need I remind you that our village has half the number of Jonin that Konoha has ? That's a pretty fucking high number !" The Jonin finished yelling at the chunin who quickly ran away, and then opened the cell.

" Sorry about that, bud. This damn kid is so dumb I can't even begin to imagine how he graduated. Maybe it's because the village started to accept a shit ton of ninjas after our Kage declared we  needed to be able to stand on our two feet, but I do hope that not all the kids turn out like him." Said the Jonin. Jonathan smiled at him and found out something to say that could potentially ruin his cover if the world had been altered too much.

" Yeah well, not all the kids can turn out like Lady Konan, am I right ?" Said Jonathan, hoping his plan would work out. His heartbeat increased when he saw the Jonin facepalm and even so when the man started to laugh.

" Hahaha ! Seriously I can't believe this damn kid actually put a Jonin in jail, he just needed to ask you a few questions and he would've known you were with us. Then again if he was too drunk to even recognize your outfit, I doubt he could have had the idea to ask anything of you. I mean only ninjas of Ame knows who Lady Konan is, fucking dumbass. I swear to our god, this little shit's parents are gonna hear about this. But let's forget about this, bud. Let us go to a bar so I can make it up to you !" Said the surprisingly jovial Jonin, while Jonathan was too shocked to even react as the man dragged him away.

' Their God ? So they consider Pain as a God ? I can't even remember if this is canon or not. Then again I am on his side, so it's nothing to worry about, well atleast until I actually get Shinra Tensei'd out of existence.' Jonathan thought. He then realized that the jonin was dragging him towards a bar, and started to frown. Firstly because the rain in Ame was really not a joke, and secondly because the man was a little bit too friendly, he imagined the ninja of Ame to be a little bit more...Dark. The Jonin seemed like a Jonin you could find in Konoha. Then again Ame could very well be a damn sect so nothing too surprising about that.

Just as they both entered the bar, Jonathan remembered he still had two tickets to use, so he quickly opened the menu.

[ Two Skills Tickets were used ! ]

[ Reward: Water Style: Water Bullets, Ittoryu: Shishi Sonson ]

' Wait a second ! I can get things from other worlds ?! You never mentioned that !' Thought Jonathan, his eyes sparkling with excitement that quickly died down as he saw something that froze him to his very core.

" That's..." The Jonin besides him seemed a little bit shocked by who had just walked into the bar but quickly returned back to normal, as did the other ninjas who were in the bar. However Jonathan couldn,'t really wipe away the look of shock on his face.

For a member of a certain terrorist organization had just walked in.

" Oi, friend ! Give a bottle of yer best sake !" Yelled the member of Akatsuki as he sat down. Meanwhile Jonathan continued to look at him with shock written all over his face, but quickly turned around when said person gazed at him.

' Oh hell no...That's...Kisame !'

23