A not so easy Quest
921 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was only after a few minutes of intense thinking that Jonathan noticed that he had actually said something he shouldn't have in front of Sasuke.

" Madara ?! He is alive ? That can't be, he would be too old right now !" The boy immediately fired. It seems that this version of Sasuke was truly much more energetic and less broody than the other, then again the other lived only to kill his own brother and was kept in the dark most of his life.

Jonathan didn't really know what to do, so he decided to make an even riskier bet. He decided to try to onvince Sasuke of joining him. After all the boy wanted to reunite with his brother, was half-convinced that the Akatsuki weren't the bad guy and had no real love for Konoha.

" You see Sasuke. This whole plan to save the world by fighting fire with fire is older than you think, but it's finally coming to frution. This is the last step. Build an Army to oppose the world, now that the generals of this army, which also counts your brother, have all been recruited. The pawns are all in place, and it's only a matter of a few years at most, until the war to free the world of pain and hatred starts." Said Jonathan, while thinking to himself that he sounded like the leader of a sect. However Sasuke truly seemed to believe him.

" That means.....You can read  this stele ? You are of divine blood ?!" The young teenager asked. You could say whatever you wanted about Sasuke, but he was an easy to impress kid. And with all the things Jonathan said to him, and a little misunderstanding on his part, Jonathan was really about to turn Sasuke into his first ally, which would be incredible given the power the boy would command later.

And that's how Jonathan spent the rest of the night, literally brain washing Sasuke, though he still did believe that technically most of what he said was the true and that the Akatsuki wasn't truly evil, it's just that they recruited the wrong guys and were manipulated since the start. With a good leadership, clear objectives and a true will to save the world from itself, they could do it, except if they used the Infinite Tsukuyomi since it was the worst idea Kaguya ever had.

The next day, he finally entered his new appartment, and found out that it was slightly better than he expected. Not too big but still big enough to live a comfy life. The furnitures were not too old and not too damaged and the kitchen was quite huge actually.

As he plopped down on his new sofa, Jonathan allowed himself to sigh in relief. Sasuke was truly devoted to his big brother and really wanted to help him so it was easy to convince him. In the end Jonathan just told Sasuke to train as hard as possible and take every opportunities he had to become stronger for the day he would enter the Akatsuki, and Sasuke swore on his clan that he wouldn't tell a soul about what he learned, and also that he would kill Danzo with his own two hands one day.

' So now that the annoying stuff has been dealt with, do you have any quests for me, dear System ? Oh and can you tell me when you will evolve ?' Asked Jonathan.

[ New Quest: Join Uzuki Yugao on training ground 4 and train in Kenjutsu with her. ]

[Reward: Item Tickets *3 ]

[ Bonus Reward If Uzuki Yugao is impressed by your skills: System Evolution ]

Jonathan sighed once again but this time in minor annoyance. Uzuki Yugao was an Anbu and a Kenjutsu specialist. It was going to be a pain in the ass to impress her. The best chance he had at doing that, would be to make her think he was hiding his skills and use Shishi Sonson when she drops her guard.

Since he didn't have any other choices, Jonathan dragged his already tired body out of his appartment and asked around if anyone knew where training ground 4 was. He was still wearing his Ame outfit so people were wary of him, but he actually met a chunin who told him where to go. Apparently the Ninjas were all aware of who he was. Which might explain he felt like he was constantly observed. He only hoped it was the Anbu who were watching him and not the Root.

As soon as he arrived at the training ground, he saw Yugao hitting a tree with a bokken, still wearing her Anbu armor but without her mask. She saw him quickly and rose an eyebrow at his friendly smile.

" Hey there ! I was thinking that maybe I could train with you. You seem quite good at Kenjutsu and my skills became a bit rusty because of my latest mission." He said, trying to look as innocent as possible. Yugao merely laughed before patting him on the shoulder.

"Okay but first, let me get you a real outfit, because you look like some incredibly not discreet  Ame spy like that." She said, chuckling a bit and leaving with a Shushin before Jonathan could complain.

She came back after only a minute, a Chunin outfit in hand.

" Since you said you were slightly overrated because of Ame standards and you have the strengh of a Chunin I got you this, hope you don't mind." She said in a mocking tone. Jonathan merely grumbled and accepted the outfit, he then went behind a tree to change and came back.

" Daaamn, it's good to not smell like the rain all the time." He said, and Yugao chuckled at that.

" Yeah well don't be too happy right now. I'm quite vicious when I'm training with someone." She said getting into a basic Kendo stance with her Bokken. Jonathan smirked to himself, he only had to act as if he was hiding the skills he actually didn't have, and she would be easily impressed, after all she seemed to think he was a total amateur.

And he was, which showed when he took the same stance as her with his katana. It was actually quite a comical sight since the one with the wooden katana seemed much more dangerous than the one with the real one.

Yugao and Jonathan glared at each other for e few seconds, before Yugao lunged forward. Jonathan crouched, dodging a frontal strike to his throat.

Yugao got back on her feet and spun around while thrusting her bokken forward. Jonathan didn't have the time to react and thus was hit right in the shoulder. He winced in pain but kept dodging the incoming strikes. Yugao always used the same pattern, so Jonathan got used to it just as he started to bleed from pretty much all the places on his body. However Yugao merely smirked and did something he hadn't anticipated, she threw her bokken in the air, getting Jonathan's attention, she then rushed behind him, getting his attention on her once again, not seeing the bokken falling right on his face.

Once he was hit by the bokken and momentarily blinded, Yugao tried to get her bokken back and unleash a final strike to his throat like she tried to before. Unfortunately Jonathan, as he hit randomly since he still couldn't see, slapped her bokken with his katana and send it flying behind him.

Yugao frowned, but rushed forward, jumping over Jonathan, getting a little cut on her hand because of this, and grabbed her bokken. That is when she understood she made a mistake.

" Don't drop your guard like that." Jonathan said, as Yugao looked over her shoulder and saw him in a position with his katana in it's sheath and his arm extended forward.

Yugao only had the time to widen her eyes as Jonathan appeared right in her face.

"Ittoryu Lai: Shishi Sonson !" He shouted.

Yugao being a specialist in Kenjutsu and an elite Ninja was fast enough to block the attack, but her Bokken got split in two and her arms slightly ached from the strengh behind the strike she just blocked.

" Damn, i-it didn't work as well as I thought it would." Jonathan said, spitting of glob of blood. The result of this little training was that Jonathan learned that it was better to be a bit aggressive even against a stronger opponent, rather than just keep dodging. However at the end Jonathan still looked he had fought a battle of life or death, and just as Yugao went to speak, he dropped on the ground.

Yugao laughed a bit before taking him on her shoulder and taking him to the hospital.

Jonathan would only wake up a few hours after that, but with a smile on his face as he was immediately hit by an update from the system.

[ Congratulation Host ! You have completed a Quest ! ]

[ Reward: Item Ticket *3, System Evolution  ]

[ I actually evolved once you were asleep Host, so the new option is already available. This option is: New Type of Tickets ( Character ). ]

Jonathan couldn't contain his joy and thus pumped his fist in the air, which hurt him enough to draw a pained moan from him and get him to lay on his hospital bed again.

' Damn....Let me use those tickets first, and then explain to me what those tickets are.'

[ Item Ticket *3 used ! Wow ! You got a Rare Item ! ]

[ Reward: Detection Scroll ( Tier 2 ),  Senzu Bean ( Tier 3 ), Left Potara ( Tier 6 ) ]

Jonathan wanted to scream in happiness but contained himself and gritted his teeth.

' Hell Yeah ! That's what I am talking about ! The detection spell can be extremely useful in a world of Ninjas, the Senzu Bean can save my life at any moment and the Left potala...if I can get the right potala, I would be able to become incredibly powerful, though I do hope I will still be in control once I fuse with someone. Though the fusion's name will hella weird with my western name.' Thought Jonathan.

[ Now that you received your prizes, let me explain the new tickets to you. The Item and Skills tickets are basic tickets and later you will be able to gain a huge quantity of low-tier tickets like those, however there some type of tickets that you can never gain in quantity and that will never exist in Low-Tier versions. The Character Tickets are those type of tickets. They allow you to summon any named characters from any of the worlds you will explore. Also those characters will be linked to you, they will be unable to hurt you and will have to obey your orders, however keep in mind that they still retain their personalities and as such will not always listen to you. Oh and it is important to say that they will be given basic understanding of the world they are transported to. That and if you were summon a character you won't gain a copy of them, you will get the real one. So if you were to summon, say Madara, the real Madara will be bound to you. Here, you get a free Character Ticket for unlocking them. ]

Jonathan truly didn't have the words to express his current emotions. Though you could see on his face just how excited he was. Ever since he came to this world, this was the most exciting thing he had heard. The possibilities of what could be done with those tickets, were truly too incredible to even think about.

As such, he just opened the menu and used his ticket. However as he got his prize, the System didn't even have the time to announce what he got, that the Character appeared in the room.

" Ughhhh.....So I take it that you are my master, huh ? I hope for you, that you ain't one of those fake heroes !!!"

18