Ambush
724 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First the Hero Killer and now a man who could kill him by blinking, Jonathan was truly out of luck. Or at least he would think it was if he didn't immediately understand just how incredibly lucky he had been.

And his summon was just now understanding just how he had misjudged his summoner.

Kuchiki Byakuya watched as Jonathan racked his mind and talked to himself as he tried to find all the possible ways he could use Byakuya.

" Okay so.....You are completely invisible to people, we just tested that out by having walk in front of an Anbu. Which means that you would be perfect to assassinate someone, act as a spy and do many other things better than a ninja. However since you are invisible I can also use you as a bodyguard for the time being, and I will just send you to complete various missions that would require you to be as discreet as possible, which would be easy for you.....Since you're invisible !" Exclaimed Jonathan as he finished to pack his bag, while Byakuya seeped on a tea he had prepared.

" While I do appreciate your calculative mind and the fact that you know exactly how to use my abilities. I do not exactly agree to having me be nothing more than a simple bodyguard. I am not some sort of baby sitter. Though I do not really have a choice in this matter, I would strongly advise you to always keep a mind on how useful I can be in pretty much every situations, and not just let me stay at your side and do nothing all days." Said Byakuya, his voice calm and his eyes fixated on his hot tea.

Jonathan smiled and let out a hum of approval before he grabbed his bag.

" Don't you worry about this. However for now I don't have any important missions for you. It will take a long time before we can reach Iron Country, and we could get attacked on the way. If we were attacked by some strong enemies.....Well I'm not all that strong and Kakashi had troubles against someone like Zabuza at that point in time, so yeah.....I wouldn't trust him with my life." Said Jonathan, getting a quiet nod from Byakuya who grabbed his Senbonzakura and followed after his master.

An hour later, after Jonathan bought some food on the way, he reached the front gate and saw Kakashi waiting for him.

' Oh ? It seems like this Kakashi is a bit more serious than the original one.' He thought before smiling and waving at Kakashi. The silver haired Jonin waved back and they both departed immediately. The situation wasn't extremely dire, but it was still better to reach Iron country as fast as possible. The other kage wouldn't like it too much if they were to receive the notification about this summit before Mifune even agreed.

And so, both the spy and the jonin started their journey towards the neutral nation of the Samurais. It would take them at least 5 days to reach it even though they would go as fast as possible.

Nothing of importance happened during the trip. Kakashi was as silent as Jonathan thought he would be. Jonathan himself was having some troubles adapting to the road life, but still dealt with it, Byakuya though was becoming quite annoyed at the fact that he had to go at the same pace as the two, even though as a Shinigami he could go way faster.

Unfortunately this peaceful situation wasn't meant to last, and after 3 days, once Kakashi and Jonathan neared the border of the Iron Country, something happened.

Kakashi had gone to wash himself in a river while Jonathan stayed behind and watched over their little camp, but a surprising gasp from Byakuya got his attention. Jonathan just turned his head fast enough to see as Byakuya as he disappeared, fading away as he tried to move but found out he couldn't.

" Byakuya ?! What the hell ?!" Yelled Jonathan, looking around to see if there was an ennemy, or anything weird, but everything was as it had been ever since they decided to camp here. He was left to try and find out what exactly had just happened.

**************

( With Stain )

The Hero Killer licked the blood on his blade as a thug he had just stabbed whimpered and tried to crawl away but found out he couldn't move.

" Argghh !" The thug moaned in pain as Stain crushed his hand with his feet, making sure to apply as much strengh as possible on the limb. Stain was about to finish the poor sap, but he had to crouch to dodge a kunai thrown at him.

He turned around, fully prepared to slaughter another group of thugs, but his eyes widened slightly when he saw who had attacked him. It was a rather tall man who wore a mask that covered his mouth and nose. He also had a gigantic sword on his back that looked like a satanic meat cleaver to Stain. The Hero Killer could also see a few dozens of thugs behind the man and sense someone else watching him, but he couldn't pinpoint the location of this other person.

" May I know who just tried to kill me ?" Stain asked, licking his blade once more, as he thought of how a single little wound would doom the man.

" Momochi Zabuza, one of the Seven Swordsman of the Mist..." The man simply said before lunging at Stain. The Hero Killer who had already done the same thing a hundred times was ready to face Zabuza instantly and their swords clashed, though Stain's blade was clearly not good enough to resist the strikes of the superior sword that Zabuza swung around while leaving himself exposed to counter-attacks. Stain decided that trying to block the Swordsman wasn't a good idea, so instead he jumped over Zabuza as the giant meat cleaver nearly cut his arm off as it was swung in an overhead motion.

Zabuza winced as Stain stabbed him right in the shoulder, but quickly ignored the pain and elbowed Stain in the face hard enough to break the Hero Killer's nose.

"Hahahah...You are already dead." Whispered Stain in such a low voice that Zabuza had trouble hearing what the man said. However he understood he was in trouble when Stain flashed a psychotic smile at him and licked his blade once more, only this time it actually had an effect. Zabuza found himself paralyzed and fell to the ground. He tried to move but found out he couldn't, it wouldn't stop him from trying as hard as he could though.

Stain smirked only to widen his eyes as the second person he had sensed appeared. A masked figure wearing a blue kimono and who had multiple senbons in his hands. The figure was also trembling in apparent rage, but what made Stain curse was the fact that all the thugs had decided to rush him, just as Zabuza yelled.

" Don't interrupt this fight your idiot !"

As he heard this, Stain made the mistake to turn around and look at Zabuza, which allowed one of the thugs to hit him right in the stomach with a spiky club. Stain recoiled from the shock but kicked the thug away before beheading another thug with a quick strike of his katana.

He stepped back as the thugs hesitated to attack him while Zabuza slowly regained the control of his body.

' Damn it...This world is a bit more dangerous than I thought.' Stain cursed. Nonetheless he prepared himself for a fight to death, however a strange light appeared right in front of him...As did a hundred of Sakura petals.

"  Scatter, Senbonzakura "

" What the hell ?!" Exclaimed one of the thugs. At the same time the masked individual threw a dozen of senbons at Stain who was about to block them with his katana, but they never came.

" How unsightly, ganging up on my comrade like this. Do you even possess any honor ?" Asked a dignified voice. Stain had to wonder if he was seeing things when a man dressed in a black kimono with a white belt and a white coat, appeared besides him. The man was surrounded by those sakura petals and had a bladeless katana in hand, which confused Stain. Though he had a feeling that this man was an ally.

" Fear not comrade, for I have come to help you in teaching those common thugs some manners." Byakuya said as he looked at Stain. The Hero Killer didn't exactly have an appearence that Byakuya would qualify as pleasing to the eyes, but he was his comrade nonetheless.

" Who are you ?" Stain asked.

" Who is he talking to ? And what the hell happened ?" Zabuza said as he rushed at the masked figure to get away from Stain. He still had troubles moving correctly but he could at least run without falling instantly.

" I don't know." Said the masked figure as he went to treat Zabuza's wound, but the man stopped him.

" Haku, I already told you, you don't need to heal him all the time. This is just a basic wound, it's not all that problematic, however this guy used a strange jutsu. I think he paralyzed me by licking my blood, but it's only a guess. Maybe he actually used a kinjutsu on me, but I'm not sure." Said Zabuza, as he tried and failing to lift his sword. He then asked Haku to give him a kunai and got into a stance right after he got the smaller weapon.

" I am called Kuchiki Byakuya, and you only need that I am another summon of Master Jonathan, as much as I hate to call myself that." Said Byakuya frowning while Stain smirked and gripped his katana.

" Ha ! You will get used to it soon, I'm pretty sure of that. Now how about we kill those fools ?" He said and Byakuya nodded. Stain still wondered why the thugs acted like he was talking alone, however he understood why when he went to lick his blade and saw that Byakuya didn't have a reflection on the sword.

" .....Are you a vampire or something ? Can those dumbasses even see you ?" Stain asked.

" I am a Shinigami, mere mortals cannot gaze at me. However Master Jonathan can, and so do you." Byakuya said. Stain froze a bit when Byakuya told him he was a Shinigami but shook his head and chuckled.

" As long as you help me bring some justice on those bastards, I don't care what you are." He said. Before Zabuza could even ask Stain why he was talking to himself, he had to block a flurry of Sakura petals that came his way.

He thought they were not a threat until one of the thugs let himself be surrounded by them and got dismembered.

" Fuck ! Watch out for those damn petals !" Zabuza yelled as he rushed at Stain while Haku followed. They couldn't see Byakuya so they didn't know what was the cause of these petals' appearence, however they knew they had to beat Stain before those petals ripped apart their bodies.

" A little help would be appreciated !" Yelled a thug, watching his comrades get slaughtered like pigs. Zabuza motioned Haku to go help them with his hand and the masked man or boy went to their rescue, albeit a bit reluctantly.

"Urghh ! You're damn strong Momochi Zabuza !" Stain exclaimed while dodging Zabuza's strikes and trying to find an opening.

" Ha ! You are lucky you are a swordsman, or else you would've seen my full power and you wouldn't like it !" Zabuza yelled while hitting Stain in the chest with a kick. However Stain grabbed his feet and stabbed him before jumping back in time to not get beheaded by the meat cleaver.

" Ha ! Don't feel forced to follow your code against me, I am a believer of justice and honor, but I also don't believe in Overkill !" Exclaimed Stain. Zabuza chuckled and executed a serie of handsigns before a huge body of water appeared over him.

" Very well then ! Water Style: Suiryuudan no Jutsu !" Yelled Zabuza, a huge water dragon being formed and lunging towards Stain at high speed.

' Shouldn't have said that.' The hero Killer thought before he tried to dodge the incoming attack. However a voice stopped him.

".......Bankai"

14