preparations and Sannin
561 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It had been a month since Jonathan had summoned Hashirama and things had went on quickly after that. The troops of the various nations were supposed to meet at the border of the Fire Country in a few days, one of the two last Jinchuuriki had been sent to the Sound Country to hide.

Other than that the Last Uchiha of Konoha had disappeared, leaving behind a note that said that he had gone to search for his brother. And finally the army of the Akatsuki was currently preparing itself.

" Faster, you damn weaklings ! We ain't got all days !" Hidan yelled as he oversaw the training of the Taijutsu Division of Ame. It wasn't a dream job for him, but then again he couldn't really say no to Pain.

Kisame and Itachi were discussing about the details of the plan with Obito and Pain, while Sasori and Deidara had just come back from planting various traps in the underground tunnels and all around the village. Konan was on her own, using her paper wings to patrol around the village and make sure that nothing out of the ordinary happened.

Orochimaru had gone back to his village, while Zabuza and Stain had went with him but left him once they reached the secret hideout of the Akatsuki. They had gone to check on the secret army that they had planned to transport right on the battlefield with the help of Obito's Kamui and the Uzumaki's seals that Zabuza had stolen.

Kakuzu was doing the same thing as Hidan, however he was overseeing the training of the ghouls, that he had gotten relatively close to, since they all were treated as monsters by most people. A strange sense of bonding had appeared between the many hearts ninja and the flesh-eating humanoids.

Finally Jonathan was being personally trained by Byakuya, something that started a month ago and truly brought some wondrous results. Jonathan didn't really go from an albeit strong normal guy to a Jonin level warrior. But now he could easily defend himself from everything that was below Anbu's level. He had his techniques, he had learned the Shushin and the Shunpo, he learned some basic jutsus and some basic kido techniques. He tried to use the lightning spell and discovered that his mana reserve was much bigger than his chakra reserve.

His reiryoku level though wasn't all that high, so using Kidos would be difficult. However a bit happy to have become so powerful compared to his older self. Byakuya too seemed to have been quite happy to train Jonathan , and his visible delight everytime Jonathan succesfully mastered a technique was quite the funny sight. He seemed to love being a teacher.

And at this exact moment when Jonathan was fighting against Byakuya who was teaching him how to make his dodges as fast and effective as possible, a robotic voice called out to him.

[ Host, you have received a new quest: Kill Jiraya's spies ]

[ Reward : System Evolution,  Army Ticket * 300 ]

Jonathan froze as he understood the implications of this quest. Byakuya looked worried besides him and went to ask what was wrong when Jonathan bolted out of the room they had been training in.

" Huh ? Jonathan ?" Asked Hidan as he stopped whatever he was doing. The ninjas behind him seemed relieved as they dropped on the ground and breathed heavily, while some even puked blood.

" I have reasons to think Jiraya's spies  are among us, right now...." Jonathan said in Hidan's ears as the man smiled and nodded. He then yelled at his guys.

" Okay you morons ! You got lucky ! I have something to do, so you all get a 10 min break!"

As the men cheered and the other ninjas around them deadpanned, Hidan and Jonathan went on opposite ways to alert the other members, while not noticing that some people among the crowd began to slowly get away from the place.

A few minutes later Hidan was back, and so was Jonathan. They both went back to their activities, to the relief of some people.

" They didn't spot us.....Fire 3, try to get close to the Immortal, Fire 5 get to the north of the village and collect informations on the Angel, we want to know where she is going  and where she is looking." A man said as he drank his water, his forehead glistening in sweat as he allowed himself a break in his training. Two other men who passed by blinked and moved on quickly, before the man ran back to his division.

During the whole day similar scenes occured all the time, and the number of spies was easily bigger than thirty. Truly, something had happened to those who were supposed to check for any spies entering the village.

But curiously, nothing came. They weren't spotted or anything. During the whole day they retrieved all the informations they had been asked to get by Jiraya and they already got ready to go back to their camp.

They only needed to wait for the other spies, who were starting to get late.  Cramped up in a small tent in a nearby forest were ten spies who were waiting for the rest of the group to come.

" I told you it was weird ! They know, I am sure of this ! We need to leave now." One of them yelled while maintaining a low voice, as the apparent leader shook his head.

" We can't just abandon them like that . It would go against what Master Jiraya taught us." The leader said as the same member growled.

" We are in a time of war. Such things don't hold any meaning anymore....We need to secure the informations. They should have come twenty minutes ago....I'm leaving even if you don't come." He said as he grabbed his bag and began to leave, but just as he stepped out of the tent and just as the leader warned him not to do that...A vision of horror appeared before his eyes.

" AHHH !" He screamed before rushing back in the tent.

" What is it ?!"

" The others....They....He.....RUN !" The man screamed as he saw someone enter the tent.....It was a very bloody looking Hidan whose skin had turned completely black and who had a head in hand.

" Ah ! To be or not to be....Such is the question ! But I'll answer it for you, fuckers !" He yelled, as a demented laugh left his mouth and he began to slash and hack at everything in sight . Some spies fled while others stayed and threw weapons and jutsu at him.

The ones who had fled didn't get it all that easy though, as the fastest ones got cut by a quick Shishi Sonson.

They immediately spotted Jonathan and gulped, hard.

For it wasn't just Jonathan. No.....It was Jonathan flanked by Kakuzu who was ready to spill some heat.

" Katon: Hosenka no Jutsu"

" Suiton: Mizu Dangan "

It was truly a hell for the spies. They weren't the strongest ninjas, but they still knew how to defend themselves, and yet their training amounted to nothing in the end, for some were shot in the head by some pressurized water bullets, while the others were burned to a crisp.

The whole thing lasted only a few minutes, after that they both went back to the tent, or rather what was left of it, and found Hidan savagely stabbing the spy leader in the throat while laughing and licking the blood that splattered against his mouth, chin and cheeks.

Kakuzu and Jonathan sighed before looking at each other and shaking their heads.

" Oi Hidan ! Did you even take the informations they had ?!" Jonathan yelled and facepalmed when Hidan grinned and pulled out a small scroll from his mouth before grinning like a dumbass.

However the happy, albeit a bit scary, atmosphere quickly turned around when Kakuzu yelled.

" Where is that one ?! The one that saw Hidan first ?! He is not among the other corpses !"

Jonathan and Kakuzu both looked at Hidan who sweatdropped and groaned in frustration.

" Well....It's time for hunting I say !"

*************

( Sound Country's border )

Inside a bar, deep in the corner of the establishment, were sitting two people. One was an old man with some flashy outfit, while the other was a younger looking woman with a pigtail and a green robe.

" Ugh.....Why did you call me here you damn pervert ? You want to ask a favor of me again, huh ?" The Slug Sage , Senju Tsunade said. Jiraya who was sitting in front of her chuckled before saying something that made Tsunade frown.

" Usually you're the one who asks favors of me, princess....Mainly money. However, today I came because something bad is happening."

" You're talking about the war ? News travel fast, especially when it's about the biggest war the world has ever known. And no....I won't join. I didn't come back to Konoha because I never wanted to be reminded of Dan....But a war like this ? It's an even worse reminder of what I left behind." She said before she downed a bottle of sake.

" Well, I know, I truly do.....But we really need you. This war might be the last. The old man have hopes that this war can help the world move on. Just look at it that way, the Raikage who always hated Konoha drank a cup with the Old Man as they talked about Minato and Tobirama, the Tsuchikage seems to be getting along with the Kazekage pretty well. And finally the Mizukage who was always silent and freaked everyone out, decided to deliver the grand speech to the army of the allied ninja nations. " Jiraya said, and Tsunade could swear she saw stars in his eyes.

" Ha....You always of a moment like this, huh ? This does seem like a good picture. But I don't want to be part of all this. To see more people die, to fight against the man who was once the greatest ennemy of my grandfather.....And worse, to be faced with the reminder of my failure as the one who wanted to promote the healer ninjas and help them grow further. Most importantly, I too always lived for a moment like this.....I just stopped after Nawaki and Dan died....I just stopped dreaming after this." She said, before she grabbed a few bottles of sake and began to down them one after the other.

Jiraya looked at her in pity and shook his head before preventing her from drinking herself to an early grave.

" Just...Stop, princess." He said. Tsunade looked ready to punch him, but seeing the look on his face.....A tear made it's way down to her chin as Jiraya stared in surprise.

" I.....I am sorry Tsunade.....I didn't mean to ruin this." He said , but he knew she was gonna stay in that state for a while. If there was one thing that followed after her with even more viciousness then her debts, it truly was that bottomless sadness.

Jiraya was only brought back to his senses, when he sensed death and pure evilness.

" Then perhaps you shouldn't have accepted my invitation, Jiraya.....Oh and Tsunade, I have some interesting news about your not so deceased grandfather."

11