Chapter 15 – Tensions Rising (Bread Dough Too)
195 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chp 15 - Tensions Rising (Bread Dough Too)

Earth/Europe/Bertotia Kingdom/Tavern Town just West of The Capital/07_09_2020:

Suddenly diving to his left, Ivan hits the floor, rolling once again. This time a claw can be seen hovering in the space he just occupied. Barely giving him time to breathe, space warps just below his feet. Jumping up and forwards, Ivan narrowly misses another set of sharpened fangs. The next time, he’s not so lucky. Landing slightly off balance, a claw sinks into his shoulder as he frantically writhes, trying to worm his way out of range of her attacks. Finally breaking free, he throws his body against the railing of the wall, his failed attempt to hide his pain is clear for all to see.

(POV Bodil): I guess he was all talk after all…

Looking out over the railing into the Town, stretching out 10m below them, she sighs.

(Bodil): Look, we all know how this is going to end, just give up now before this becomes anything too serious.

(Ivan): ... Fine. Quick question first, though… How long did I last for?

Eyes wide in surprise, Bodil breaks into a smile.

(POV Bodil): Phew, I don’t know why, but I had a horrible feeling he was going to keep going… I'm glad he isn’t stupid enough to throw his life away like this. It's a shame though, he definitely seemed more capable than this…

Pulling her bag off her shoulder and opening it, she takes out the alarm she had set.

(Bodil): Oh wow, you’ve actually done pretty well! You managed to last 7 minutes 43 sec~

Hearing a scream, she turns her gaze back to meet him. Her heart begins to race, has he attacked her? Has he attacked someone in the crowd? Is it something else? Looking at the spot he just occupied reveals a shocking fact - he has disappeared. Frantically trying to understand the situation, she looks to the woman who screamed. Arm outstretched and face pale, the woman faints from shock. Gazing in the direction the woman was pointing; she begins to understand what happened. Ivan has just jumped off the wall. A wall 10m high.

(POV Bodil): What’s he thinking?! Maybe if he was an excellent Plain Weaver, he could reinforce his body. Maybe if he was a Twill Weaver, he could fly down or build a ladder of earth or something. But what can he do?? He’ll die!!

Rushing to the railing, she peers down. What she sees, however, leaves her shocked.

(POV Bodil): W-what is that?!?! It’s pale and soft… Is that bread dough??? What’s going on here…

10m down from the wall/The same time:

(POV Ivan): Holy shit! I’m not dead!!

(Andresia): IVAN! You piece of shit! If I knew that this is what you were going to do with it then I would never have helped, you idiot!

(Ivan): I-I see, so it worked then? Andresia! Thank God! Oh princess, will you marry me?

Climbing out of the mass of warm bread dough, Ivan gets down on one knee, a clump of dough in his hand.

(Andresia): Hu~. Sorry what?!! Just how hard did you hit your head, you idiot?!

(Ivan): Phew, I was just checking I wasn’t in heaven or something. Seems like we’re good to go.

Bottom of the wall/~40 minutes ago:-

{

(Store owner): So, you’re want to buy my entire supply of flour… I’m guessing you’re going to mix it with those ingredients you’ve got there… You mind if I ask what for?

(Andresia): Honestly, I’ve got no idea either. I can assure you it’ll be the first time you’ve ever seen something like it though, he tends to have that kind of effect on people...

(POV Andresia): Seriously Ivan, you’re using the last of the money The Pig gave us to make something like this. A massive mound of bread dough just below the Command Centre. The worst part is, you want me to bake it with my Weaving, in front of all these people??? Come on man, that’s just harsh!!

}

(Andresia): Seriously, I can’t believe you made me do this…

(Ivan): I did say we would be challenging her, didn’t I? Good, with this, I bought us maybe 5 minutes, while she gets to and rides down the elevator. She also has to run after us, but considering her familiars are wolves, I’m sure she can track us just fine, regardless of where we go. That’s why we’re going somewhere special.

Clutching his bleeding shoulder, a fierce smile breaks out across his face. Seeing this causes Andresia to smile wryly. Seeing the questioning glares of the Town’s people, she begins to resent Ivan for putting her through this.

(POV Andresia): What a lunatic…

Top of the Wall/the same time:

A figure can be seen climbing out of the dough. After talking to someone else for a few seconds, he begins to run off towards the centre of town. She thinks about jumping down the same way he did, but upon looking closer, she realises that his companion has begun to clean away the dough, braving the stares of every single citizen in the surrounding area. Sighing in relief, Bodil thinks about the encounter she’s just had.

(POV Bodil): What a terrifying man, even after having his shoulder wrecked, he still thought to distract me by asking me how long he lasted. Only then did he jump, ensuring I wouldn’t be able to jump down after him, as by the time I even thought about it, the dough was nearly gone.

Chuckling to herself, Bodil reflects on what he told her when they first met…

(Bodil): I guess I really am going to have to re-evaluate my measures of strength after this.

Realising that she’s found an interesting opponent, Bodil’s expression deepens into a wicked smile. Swivelling on the spot, she fills her legs with strength, pouncing in the direction of the elevator.

(POV Bodil): I’m sure he’s got more in store for me yet, I couldn’t possibly let him down now, could I? Sorry to have to do this to you, but you’re going to have to put up with me for another 11 minutes… Good luck!!

0