Chapter 19 – An End to the Monster’s Reign
180 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chp 19 - An End to the Monster's Reign

Earth/Europe/Bertotia Kingdom/Tavern Town just West of The Capital/07_09_2020:

(Elias): Wait, he’s a Bisset?! Aren’t they normally killed when they reach 20?

(Andresia): Yeah… It’s complicated, just don’t think too deeply about it…

Glancing from the princess to the Head of the GATW, down to the man lying on the floor, Elias resolves himself. Sighing, he thinks to himself:

(POV Elias): Well, here goes nothing, I guess…

Pushing his hands in the direction of the unconscious man, he begins to delicately vibrate the surrounding Web, listening for any echoing waves. Once confirming that his bones are intact1he is sending x-rays through Ivan’s body, listening for reverberations, and then making a conclusion from there, he moves onto identifying areas of damaged tissue. Vibrating the tissues in front of him to a certain frequency, Elias allows the targeted cells to act as a tracer, releasing gamma radiation. Collecting information from said gamma radiation, he paints a mental picture of his patient’s condition. Reaching into her bag, Bodil pulls out her pencil case2she carries it with her everywhere as she’s worried people will steal her stationary if she leaves it at work. Grabbing a fist full of pencils, she gently places them down on the ground besides Elias. Confusion smudged all over her face, Andresia asks her burning question:

(Andresia): Pencils? Why would he need something like that??

Glancing at the woman next to her, Bodil grins, as if she’s somehow proud of the prisoner before them.

(Bodil): Healers may seem like one unified group, but there are actually several types. The first is the Diagnostic Type, they use several scanning techniques to identify issues within the body. The second is the Alchemist Type, they craft tissues and other bodily structures by changing the arrangement or even elements of the atoms of a completely unrelated object, hence the pencils3pencils contain graphite and wood, meaning they have the atoms for many bodily structures, just lying around. It makes Elias’ life easier if he doesn’t have to build the elements necessary to treat Ivan from scratch. The third type is the Surgeon Type, they use the information provided by the Diagnostic Type, the tools made by the Alchemist Type, and some of there own techniques, to heal the injuries the person may have.

(Andresia): …So what type is Elias, then?

Grin deepening, Bodil begins to chuckle.

(Bodil): Elias is something of a rarity, even among high-level Healers, because he is all three. He’s known as a True Healer… The number of True Healers in Europe can be counted your hands. Not only that, but he’s smart enough to use his techniques for offence too. Afterall, that’s how he ended up in here in the first place…

Switching her gaze from the older woman to the older of the two men in the room, Andresia stares at their new companion with awe.

(POV Andresia): Seems like we’ve stumbled upon someone quite incredible…

After another few seconds, Ivan’s eyelids begin to flutter, eventually opening. Seeing this, a collective sigh of relief resounds around the cell. Looking at the man healing him, Ivan begins to understand the situation, nodding a quick thanks. He then looks around at the cell walls and finally to the face of Bodil.

(POV Ivan): I see, so she probably has at least some idea about what’s going on now.

(Ivan): Tell me what you know so far, I’ll fill you in on the rest.

Visibly flinching from shock, Bodil wonders how he was able to gleam so much about the current situation so quickly. Shaking off her shock, she begins to explain what she does and doesn’t know, Andresia helping to fill in any details she knew on top of this. Once their explanation comes to an end, so does Ivan’s treatment.

(Elias): I’m sorry I couldn’t do it any faster. Normally you’d have a team of people helping you in a situation like this…

(Ivan): Seriously, don’t worry about it, you’ve done a wonderful job, thanks.

Smiling a warm smile, Elias suddenly remembers he has another patient, gesturing with his hands for Bodil to scoot over so he can treat her. Nodding, Bodil follows his instructions. While Bodil is being treated, Ivan fills her in on the current situation.

(Ivan): Based on the information that Andresia gathered, the Vice-captain of the GATW is working with that “Wayne” guy you mentioned to steal something from the Mayor of the town. It’s also likely that they will launch an assault on the Town, likely sometime in the very near future.

(Bodil): Based on what my familiars were told by the Mayor (when they rescued him) they have already obtained the thing they were looking for, the key to his private coffers, where a large sum has kindly been prepared for them by the Mayor himself (read: they are going to steal from him).

(Ivan): If that’s the case, then they will definitely attack tonight, as the Vice-captain is on duty and they already have access to the money. It’s likely the Vice-captain teamed up with the bandits and that he will use them as a distraction, while he steals the money.

(Andresia): Is it possible that they’ve already begun their attack?

(Ivan): Yes, there’s quite a high chance. Once Bodil’s been completely healed up, we’ll begin with the first stage of the plan…

(Elias): Wait, you’ve already got a plan??!

Trademark shit-eating grin glued to his face, Ivan chuckles.

(Ivan): I certainly do… Though you might want to buckle up, this’ll be one hell of a bumpy ride!

Command Centre/~The same time:

Glancing at the timer adjacent to him, Igor, Vice-captain of the GATW, begins to smile, ominously.

(POV Igor): Assuming everything has gone to plan, which it will have, they should have just begun their invasion. The gate will be well and truly open by now, with no sign of closing anytime in the near future…

Chuckling to himself, he ignores his secretary Ava’s judgemental stares, deciding to whisper to himself:

(Igor, but super quietly, like a fuckin ninja): This will bring about an end to the Monster’s reign…

0