Chapter 2
1k 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ouch, *pant*, *pant*…, finally here.”(Saito)

I quickly sit on the ground. Since I transmigrate into this world only with things I have on my body, I ended up walking barefoot. Luckily, there aren’t that much stones on the grassfield so, I just have to walk slowly and carefully to make sure I don’t get hurt. Then, a screen appeared in front of me.

QUEST COMPLETE!!!

Reach the nearest city.

You get 3 CP.

‘Oh, almost forgot about that quest.’

After I thought of that, I opened my skill screen just to make sure. And my CP really is increasing from 11 into 14. At the very least, now there is no problem on how to get more CP.

‘Anyway, I should get into the queue now.’

After I thought of that, I quickly stand up and get into the queue. While waiting, I’ve realized I don’t understand the language they use here by listening to people talking. But, that’s not all. I’ve also realized some people are staring at me. Since it’ll be bad to make a scene with my current condition, I’ve decided to just ignore them.

‘For now, I think I should learn the language people use here. After all, I need to communicate with those guards in the gate.’

After that, I accessed my skills so I can learn the language using SP.

Dergan Language

LV.1

The language used in Dergan Continent. At this level, user can only understand some easy words.

Needed SP: 1

After I learn the skill, it turns out I only understand a word or two from hearing people talking.

‘Not good, so this is what that explanation means. I can’t communicate like this. If that’s so…’

After I thought that, I try to check the cost to increase the language level.

Dergan Language

LV.5

The language used in Dergan Continent. At this level, user can communicate with other people, but still can’t write or read.

Needed SP:4

 ‘Unbelievable, I must use 4 SP just so I can talk with other people!?’

Then, I see the person in front of me already past the checking after I hear the guard shout.

‘Not good!!! No other choice.’

And just like that, I’ve decided to sacrifice 5 SP just so I can talk with other people while walking to the guard. The guard asks me.

 “Show me your pass.”(Guard A)

‘I knew it’ll be like this. Alright, let’s do this.’

“Actually, about that…. You see, I got into an accident and because of that I don’t have a pass with me right now.”(Saito)

I said while making a troubled expression as best as possible. The guard then asks me again.

“You don’t have a pass?”(Guard A)

“Yes, I can explain the details of the accident if you want.”(Saito)

“Wait here.”(Guard A)

The, the guard goes inside. After waiting a few second the guard come out.

“The captain wants to speak with you, follow me.”(Guard A)

Then, I follow the guard inside, then we walk for a few seconds and stop in front of a room.

“Captain, I brought the person I mentioned before.”(Guard A)

“Come in.”(???)

I hear a voice from inside. After that, the guard opens the door and I see a bearded man with short brown hair in full armor. It is just like what you expected from a knights’ captain. The guard shows a gesture telling me to go in. So, I go into the room then the guard also goes in, close the door and stand blocking the door. Then, the captain talks to me.

“Nice to meet you. I am the knights’ captain of this gate. My name is Bork. And you are?”(Bork)

The captain asked. Just in case, I’ve decided to just use my first name.

“Yes, my name is Saito, Captain Bork.”(Saito)

“Saito huh? There is no need to be so formal, you can just call me Bork. Hahahaha!!!”(Bork)

“Okay, Mr. Bork.”(Saito)

“Now then, let’s sit first.”(Bork)

I sit on the chair. Then Mr. Bork asks me again.

“So, first of all, can you tell me where do you come from?”(Bork)

“I came from Toki village.”(Saito)

“I’ve never heard of that place.”(Bork)

‘Of course you’ve never heard of it, after all, I just make that name by changing Tokyo into Toki.’

After I thought that, I quickly give an excuse just like what I had prepared beforehand.

“I think that’s because our villagers don’t like outsiders. In the first place, our village is quite secluded. Even until now I’ve only seen one outsider come and stay in the village.”(Saito)

“Oh, that’s quite a secluded village. Then, what about this accident you mentioned?”(Bork)

“Yes, about that…”(Saito)

I told the captain the story which I have prepared, that the outsider in the village is a magician. That magician pays me to clean his house, so I accept it. But, while cleaning, suddenly there is a light shining from a crystal ball then I found myself already in the grass field.

“Hmmm…., from your story, it looks like you got here because of a magic tool.”(Bork)

“Yeah, I think so too.*sigh*”(Saito)

I sighed while making a fake troubled face

“Well, there’s nothing we can do about that. Anyway…”(Bork)

Mr. Bork then take some kind of crystal ball out and place it on the desk.

“Saito, please put your hand on the crystal ball.”(Bork)

“Eh, okay.”(Saito)

I placed my hand on the crystal ball, then the crystal ball is letting out a blue light.

“Alright, you’re clear. Here you go.”(Bork)

Mr. Bork then gives me some kind of small wood block. It looks like that crystal ball is used to find out whether someone is a criminal or not. Then, Mr. Bork continues.

“That is a temporary pass. With that pass, you can stay in this town for 10 days. If you’re planning to stay here longer, then in those 10 days you should come back here to pay for the tax so you can get a pass.”

“I-I understand. But, I don’t have any money to pay for this pass.”(Saito)

I try to say it timidly to make sure I look harmless.

“One look at you and it’s obvious you don’t have any money. After all, you’re walking barefoot even though there are merchants out there.”(Bork)

“I see. Thank you very much Mr. Bork.”(Saito)

“Don’t worry about it. Besides, there is no need to pay for the temporary pass in the first place. Ah, but remember, if after 10 days, you haven’t come back here to renew your pass and got found out, you will be thrown out immediately.”(Bork)

“I understand.”(Saito)

“Alright, good. Also, here.”(Bork)

Mr. Bork gives me a pair of sandals. The I ask Mr. Bork.

“T-these are?”(Saito)

“Sandals. You’re walking barefoot right? You can take it.”(Bork)

“But…”(Saito)

“It’s alright, that thing has been in here for a while and the owner hasn’t come to take it back until now.”(Bork)

“I see, thank you very much.”(Saito)

I said while bowing my head.

“Hahaha!!! Well, you can leave now. Also, welcome to the Capital of Lufania Kingdom.”(Bork)

Mr. Bork said while smiling.And with that, I managed to get into the city and the first thing to do is to find a clothes shop.

13