Chapter 5
838 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Excuse me.”(Saito)

I greeted the elf girl and try to act as nice as possible. But instead, the elf girl showed a surprised and confused expression.

“Eh…?”(Elf Girl)

The elf girl keeps staring at me with her mouth opened like she has just seen something unbelievable then she suddenly look into her right, then to her left, then to her behind like she’s searching for someone, so, I decided to try to greet her again with my best smile since it’ll be awkward if I just stay silent after all.

“Um…, excuse me?”(Saito)

“Eh!? U-um…, I-I’m sorry, a-are you talking to me?”(Elf Girl)

The elf girl asked me with a worried expression like she’s being rude to a person who has a higher position than her. I reply while feeling a little confused because of her behavior.

“Yes.”(Saito)

The elf girl then suddenly bows her head and apologizing while stuttering.

“Ah!? I-I’m shorry!!! I’m sorry!!! I’m sorry!!!”(Elf Girl)

 “I-It’s alright, don’t worry about it.”(Saito)

I said with a troubled expression since she suddenly bowed her head and apologize over and over like that. Since I’ve been drawing more attention because of her apologizing to me, I’ve decided to take the initiative.

“Anyway, I want to ask about something. Can you tell me the requirement to become an adventurer?”(Saito)

“A-ah! Y-Yes. The requirement to become an adventurer is to pay registration fee.”(Elf Girl)

The elf girl explained to me.

“How much is that?”(Saito)

“Eh!? U-um…, excuse me for asking, but are you planning to register yourself as an adventurer?”(Elf Girl)

“Yes, I am.”(Saito)

I replied. I had decided to answer honestly since I think it’ll be more troublesome later if I lie. Suddenly, I hear everyone laugh.

“Hey!!! Hear that!!! A little kid like him wants to become an adventurer!!! BWAHAHA!!!”(Unknown Guy A)

“HAHAHAHA!!! Kid, you should quickly go back to your mommy, this isn’t a place for a kid like you!!!”(Unknown Guy B)

“HAHAHA!!! You don’t even have an armor, do you want to beat a monster with your bare fist!?”(Unknown Guy C)

The elf girl then said.

“Um…, I-I’m sorry, but I also think it’s better if you stop planning to become an adventurer.”(Elf Girl)

Since I don’t want to cause trouble here and I’m still weak, I try to ask the elf girl some logical questions using the knowledge I got from light novels and try to sound as polite as possible.

“Are there some rules banning people like me from becoming an adventurer?”(Saito)

“No, there aren’t. But, adventurer is a really dangerous job. After all you can die anytime if you let your guard down.”(Elf Girl)

“Then does that mean the guild let new adventurers take dangerous quests?”(Saito)

“O-of course not!!! After all, we always make the sure only adventurers with suitable rank can take the quests they can handle.”(Elf Girl)

“What is this rank you talk about?”(Saito)

In the end, it turns out just like I thought, but I pretend to not know about it. The elf girls then give me an explanation about the adventurer’s rank system. The rank from the weakest are F, E, D, C, B, A, S, and SS. And since I’m new, obviously, my rank is F. And it turn out, most of F rank adventurers’ works are more like a gofer or babysitter, and if one can read and write then sometime one can take some accountant works.

“Then, as long as I follow the rank and make sure it is within my capabilities and never let my guard down, it should be fine right?”(Saito)

“Y-yes, but still it doesn’t change the fact that being an adventurer is dangerous, besides….”(Elf Girl)

I interrupt her and talk with a serious expression.

“I understand being an adventure is a really dangerous job, what’s more, with me looking like this and doesn’t bring any weapons or wear armors, it makes me look like I’m playing around. But, I’m not playing around, I’m sorry, but right now, I’m in need of some money since I got into an accident before I came here. And the only way I can get a job as fast as possible that I can think of is by becoming an adventurer. So, please understand and let me become an adventurer.”(Saito)

“Nggghhh, I…”(Elf Girl)

“Okay, you can become an adventurer.”(???)

Someone suddenly said that. I turn to the direction of the voice. And there, I see an orc.

12