Chapter 6
882 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“O-Orcea-san.”(Elf Girl)

The elf girl said the orc’s name, I think. The orc which is walking to my direction has a long darkish red hair and wear the same kind of clothes like the elf girl. But as expected, because of her body proportion, while the elf girl looks beautiful and sexy, I can only feel disgust and want to puke when seeing this orc.

‘Hmm…, wait.’

When I see the orc more closely, I realize while it has a body and a face like an orc, its’ ears are just like humans.

‘Weird, if this orc is some kind of demi human then shouldn’t its’ ears are more like pigs. Is the orc in this world just like this? Now that I think about it, its’ skin…’

The orc has the same skin color just like a human.

‘Wait, does that mean this orc is actually a human, but it just happen to have the same kind of face as an orc? No but, there is also the possibility that the orc in this world is just like this or maybe it happen to be some kind of a unique species or something, I mean, there is even an orc word in her name.’

Then my thinking got interrupted, because the orc suddenly talks to me with a sexy tone while handing me paper.

“Now then, boy, all you need to do is fill this form so this onee-san can make you into an adventurer.”(Orcea)

“W-wait, Orcea-san.”(Elf Girl)

“Tch…”(Orcea)

The orc clicked her tongue.

“What is it?”(Orcea)

“Th-That, I-I don’t think you should do that.”(Elf Girl)

“And why is that?(Orcea)

The orc asked with a rude tone.

“B-because it’s dangerous, what’s more he doesn’t even have a weapon.”(Elf Girl)

“And? It’s not like this boy doesn’t know about that. Also, it’s not like there is any rule which states an adventurer must have a weapon to register.”(Orcea)

“E-even so…”(Elf Girl)

The orc and the elf girl somehow got into an argument. As for me, I decided to just shut up. From the looks of things, this orc has a higher standing in the guild than the elf girl. Besides, the orc also keeps on giving logical explanation which increases my chance. I do feel pity for the elf girl since the orc really talk in a rude way and insult her. In the first place, from hearing their arguments, I think the elf girl is actually a kind person.

Adventurers are people who are always faced with dangers and deaths. And those dangers come with many forms. I think the reason the elf girl tries so hard to prevent me from becoming an adventurer is because just from my appearance, I have a body which doesn’t look tough at all, doesn’t have a weapon or armor. Just from seeing around the guild, even I can see a magician carry a staff and some of them even wear some kind of armors. What’s worse, even if I don’t have some useful skills like being able to identify killing intents or have instincts like warriors, when I came into the guild, I know there are some adventurers who don’t like me from how they look at me, though I don’t even know why.

“Anyway, in the end, the one who can decide whether the boy become an adventurer or not is the boy itself, and since the boy himself already said that no matter what he must become an adventurer, you don’t have any say in this.”(Orcea)

“Uuu…”(Elf Girl)

“Also, compared to your opinion, my opinion is much more believable. After all, how many adventurers have ever ask you for quests again, if I may ask?”(Orcea)

“T-That’s…”(Elf Girl)

“None, right?”(Orcea)

“Uu..”(Elf Girl)

“*Sigh*…, anyway, if you’re done, how about you just go to the back and take care of some documents inside? After all that is all you’re good for. Seriously, I just don’t understand why the guild master hire a monster like you. Don’t you know how much you’d given the guild a bad image among the people just because you’re here?”(Orcea)

“…”(Elf Girl)

The elf girl hangs her head down. I also hear people snickering. Some even laugh loudly and also throw some insults and sarcastic remarks at her like saying they want to puke just by looking at her and seeing her is giving them bad luck, etc.

‘Disgusting.’

I thought. Seeing these people, made me remember when I used to bully a girl when I’m still a first year in junior high. Because that time, the others are also doing it to her, I thought it is just a normal thing.

‘Well, though I think that is still not an excuse,’

Even until the end of my previous life, I still never once apologize to that girl since she suddenly transferred. Of course, even I apologize I never thought to be forgiven and I’m fine with that. Because that is just how cruel what I did to her. Though, I think it’s also because of this thinking I don’t even try at all.

‘Now that I think about it, I guess the other reason I don’t try to apologize to her, because I’d heard someone said that she has become really beautiful when I was in high school.’

While I was lost in thought, the orc then turns to me.

“Anyway, I will take care of this, so why don’t you just go away, you ugly? Now then, boy, I’ll fill in the form for you so can you tell me your name?”(Orcea)

The orc said while smiling, then I hear someone calls the orc among the neighboring queue of adventurers.

“What!? Wait a sec Orcea-san. It’s supposed my turn next, I have been waiting here for almost an hour just to talk with you, you know.”(Adventurer A)

“I’m sorry, but as you can see, our staff who is supposed to take care of him is quite incompetent, so please let me take care of his registration for a sec.”(Orcea)

“No way, come on now, that’s just unfair, besides rather than a little kid like him, it’s much more fun to talk with me you know. Besides, Orcea-san you like eating at that fancy restaurant you told me about right? So I’m planning to take you there for dinner with me.” (Adventurer A)

“Hey!! Wait a sec, who said that you can take her to dinner with you? Besides, if there is anyone who can take Orcea-san to dinner, it should be me. after all, with a strong guy like me around, she will feel much safer.” (Adventurer B)

“What!? Are you stupid!? Why should she go with you!? There’s no way we’ll let Orcea-san go with you. After all, who knows what you might do to her.”(Adventurer C)

“Yeah, that’s right!!”(Adventurer D)

And it is beginning to turn into a scene of carnage. To think I will ever see something as ridiculous as men fighting each other just to take an orc to dinner.

“Tch….”(Orcea)

It clicked its’ tongue!! I’m sure the orc just clicked its’ tongue. Since things are beginning to get heated up even more over there, I quickly say to the orc.

“Ummm…, Orcea-san, I think it is better if you go back to take care of them now.”(Saito)

“Eeehhh, but…”(Orcea)

‘Please don’t talk with that cute tone.’

I thought since I feel disgusted by the orc.

“Please. Besides, if this continues, there is a possibility you might get blamed because of this and it’s all because of me. I don’t want that.”(Saito)

I said it while putting on the nicest and kindest expression I can make as best as possible.

“Awww, how sweet of you, boy, okay then, I will go take care of them, after all I don’t want you to feel bad about it. But next time, when you want to take a quest you should come to me okay? Also, just call Orcea from now on. Well then.”(Orcea)

“Y-yeah.”(Saito)

I smile wryly. While feeling disgusted, I return Orcea’s waving while she goes to the direction of that scene of carnage.

‘Well, I think this is an obvious proof already.’

I thought. Then, I look at the elf girl. She still hangs her head down, I can even hear her sobbing a little.

‘Wait, this is a chance isn’t it?’

Right now, this elf girl is really down. If I apologize and manage to get her to cheer up, and if what happened just now really is just like I thought, I should be able to, at least get on her good side and make up for being silent and not defending her before.

‘Alright, let’s ask her to fill the form for me as an excuse.’

I thought, as my plan to talk to her.

‘Still, …to think this world has a reversed beauty sense.’

12