Chapter 9
761 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“E-Eh!? I-I’m sorry. D-do I say anything wrong?”(Saito)

“No…, No, I-I’m sorry. It’s just…, this is the first time that someone say that. So, I’m really happy. *sob*”(Anne’s Mom)

“Mom…”(Anne)

‘Somehow, isn’t his becoming some kind of touching scene in a drama? How did it become like this?’

I got confused because of the sudden dramatic scene happening in front of me.

“*sob* I’m sorry, I’m being rude there. Anyway, you can stay here, so how long will you stay?”(Anne’s Mom)

“It’s alright, don’t worry about it. Actually, I’m planning to stay for a week for now, but depending on the situation I may stay longer.”(Saito)

“I see.”(Anne’s Mom)

I pay for the cost to stay for a week, then Anne’s Mom gives me the key for the room.

“Here is the key. Also, if you need anything you can just ask me or Anne.”(Anne’s Mom)

“Oh, then can you tell me where I can wash myself?”(Saito)

“If you want to wash yourself, you can do it in the back of the house. If you want we can bring the water to your room. But, if you need warm water, you need to pay for it.”(Anne’s Mom)

‘Yep, I knew it. From how she answers me normally like that, normal people in this world usually only clean themselves with water. I’m sure in this world baths are a luxury now.’

“I understand. Thank you, umm…”(Saito)

“What is it?”(Anne’s Mom)

‘I guess I should just ask her, after all, this is also a good chance to get closer with a beautiful MILF. Besides, I’m already in another world and I’m also a handsome man now, so it should be alright if I become more aggressive.’

“It’s nothing, it’s just that I still don’t know your name so I don’t know what to call you. Wait, now that I think about it, I haven’t introduced myself yet. My name is Sawada Saito.”(Saito)

“Eh!? I-I’m sorry for being rude.”(Anne)

“Oh my, I’m also really sorry, I didn’t know that you’re actually a noble.”(Anne’s Mom)

Anne and her mom then apologizes while bowing her head.

“Ah, no. I’m not a noble. I’m just a commoner.”(Saito)

“Eh!? But Saito-sama have a family name right!?”(Anne)

“I do, but it’s normal for everyone to have a family name from where I come from. That’s why ,it’s okay to just call me by my first name.”(Saito)

“I see. Then I’ll call you Sawada-san from now on.”(Anne’s Mom)

“Eh!?”(Saito)

‘Ah, this is that kind of situation isn’t it?’

Since I say my name in Japanese way they mistake my first name as my family name.

 “Actually, it is the other way around. My first name is Saito and Sawada is my family name.”(Saito)

“Oh, I see. I’m sorry about that.”(Anne’s Mom)

“No, don’t worry about it.”(Saito)

“As for me, my name is Marina.”(Marina)

“You already heard about my name from my mom, but let me introduce myself again. My name is Anne.”(Anne)

“Okay, nice to meet you Marina-san, Anne-san. Also, is it alright if I ask Marina-san a question?”(Saito)

“What is it?”(Marina)

“Uuumm, I’m sorry if this sounds rude, but are you really Anne-san’s mom? I mean, you look really young, so I just can’t believe it.”(Saito)

I asked. This way I can get closer to Marina-san and Anne-san and increase my favor at the same time. After all, there is no woman with daughter in this world who doesn’t like being told young.

“Fufu, yes, of course I am. You really know how to please a woman Saito-san. You must be quite the playboy in your hometown.”(Marina)

*STAB*

‘Guhaaaaaa!!!!’

“I-is something wrong?”(Marina)

“A-ah, i-it’s nothing.”(Saito)

I just received some fatal damage from Marina-san. After all, forget about being a playboy, I never even have a girlfriend for 26 years out of 26 years of my life.

“Then, I’ll be going to my room now.”(Saito)

“Ah!!! I’ll take you to your room.”(Anne)

Then I follow Anne who guides me to my room.

“Okay, here is your room, Saito-san. Also, if there are things you want to leave in your room while you’re gone, please let us know about it.”(Anne)

“Alright, thank you Anne-san.”(Saito)

“You’re welcome. But, please just call me Anne without honorific from now on since it feels weird being called like that.”(Anne)

“I understand, Anne. Then you can also just call me Saito.”(Saito)

“Hehe, Okay then, I’ll call you Saito from now on. Also, Saito, thank you very much.”(Anne)

Anne said while bowing her head so suddenly.

“W-wait, please lift your head. It’s not like I help you with anything.”(Saito)

“No, it’s because Saito said that just now, that Mom can smile like that.”(Anne)

Then, Anne told me how in the past her father actually left Anne and Marina-san for another woman. Because of this accident, Marina-san lost the little confidence she has as a woman. Even though, Marina-san is actually really sad even until now, never once Marina-san shows herself crying in front of Anne, but Anne actually know, every night Marina-san is crying alone in her room, still grieving the fact that her husband left her. When the first time Anne find out about that, Anne also finally understands that Marina-san’s smile is nothing more than a façade to make sure that she doesn’t make Anne worried.

“That is why, this is the first time after a long time, I see Mom truly smile from the bottom of her heart like that. That is why hearing those words from a handsome man like Saito is already more than enough.”(Anne)

“I see.”(Saito)

I can’t say anything else than that. Because right now, I feel even guiltier than before. After not saying anything for a while, Anne-san is the first one who says something.

“Ahaha, I’m sorry for making things sour. Anyway, I should go back to work now. See you later, Saito-san. Ah, and also just go down anytime, if you want to get you meals okay?”(Anne)

“Okay. See you later Anne.”(Saito)

Then Anne left the room and the notifications appear again.

QUEST COMPLETE!!!

Find a place to spend the night.

Reward: 5 CP

 

NEW QUEST!!!

Find something to eat.

Reward: 1 CP

‘Phew.’

I lie on the bed while staring at the ceiling.

‘To think Marina-san and Anne have that kind of past. Somehow, it feels like I just got myself some heavy responsibility just by becoming a handsome man. Hmmm? Wait a minute.’

Then a thought suddenly appears in my mind.

“This world has a reversed beauty sense. Then doesn’t that mean, if I am handsome in this world, I’m actually quite ugly in the previous world.”(Saito)

‘No, No, wait a minute, but that can’t be, right? Ah, but Anne already said that I’m handsome though. …Shit.’

I feel depressed. After all, when I was still in the previous world, at the very least, I still thought of myself as average.

“*Sigh*”(Saito)

I sighed. Then when I see outside, I see the sky become darker.

‘Oh well, I’m too tired. Let’s just forget about this. Instead I should just go eat dinner, clean myself, and go to sleep.’

Right after thinking that, a notification appeared.

NEW QUEST!!!

Clean yourself.

Reward: 1 CP

After seeing the notifications, I just don’t think too much about it because I just want to go to sleep as fast as possible. I go down to get some dinner. Luckily, the dinner is quite delicious, though when compared to the previous world it is still pale in comparison.

QUEST COMPLETE!!!

Find something to eat.

Reward: 1 CP

After that, I wash myself in the back instead of my room since I don’t want my room to get dirty. Then I go to my room and lie on the bed. It only took me a few seconds to fall asleep completely. And thus, my first day in this world came to an end.

QUEST COMPLETE!!!

Clean yourself.

Reward: 1 CP

10