Chapter 10
749 6 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wake up and open my eyes. The first thing I see is the ceiling which is completely different from usual. I raise my body and sit on top of the bed since I still feel sleepy from waking up.

“*Yawn*…”(Saito)

I yawned while stretching my body then I go to the window next to the bed to get some fresh air.

“This really is a different world.”(Saito)

The air of this world which is so fresh made me remember about the time when I can only get fresh air like this at recreation places on top of the mountain in the previous world. I sit on the bed again and open my status screen and skills.

STATUS

Sawada Saito

Age: 24 years old
Gender: Male
Race: Human

Job: Cheater

Level 1

HP:100/100
MP:25/25
STR:15
VIT:10
DEX:8
AGI:7
INT:14
WIS:8
LUC:1

Cheat

 

Cheat Points(CP):27

 

Create Cheat

LV.EX

 
 

Cheater’s System

LV.EX

 
 

Skill

Skill Points(SP):6

Hand to Hand Combat

LV.1

Intuition

LV.1

Cooking

LV.1

Mathematics

LV.2

Chemistry

LV.1

Spirit Language

LV.3

Ancient Language

LV.9

Dergan Language

LV.5

Magic Programming

LV.2

Singing

LV.1

Music Instrument

LV.1

‘Looking at this makes me happy and sad at the same time.’

I smile wryly. I felt happy since just in one day I managed to get so many CP, but when I see my SP, it makes me remember I spend almost 50% of my current CP just to be able to speak with the people of this world.

“*sigh*…, oh well, no use in fretting over it.”(Saito)

I convinced myself.

‘Anyway, now that I have more CP, I need to decide whether I should get some cheat skill, or to save it for later.’

After mulling about it for a while, I’ve decided to check the cost of the cheat first then make a decision.

Infinite Magic

LV.EX

The user has infinite magic power.

Needed CP:26

I created a cheat so I can have infinite MP. After all, when it comes to fantasy world and magic, healing magic has always been one of the most useful magic to have. That is why I’m planning to use this cheat so I can use healing magic as many times as I want. As for the healing magic, I’m planning to learn it by using my SP.

Of course, it’s not like I’m stupid enough to get overconfident and actually join a party to do some quests or to explore a dungeon. After all, I’m still a complete beginner when it comes to being an adventurer. Instead, I will use this skill to open a healing service. This way, I can get more money since I doubt the rewards for the quests on my rank are enough for everything I need. With this plan, everything is pretty much set and I just have to execute the plan. But, there is one problem.

“Somehow, …it’s too plain.”(Saito)

Yes, the problem is the name of the cheat skill. ‘Infinite Magic’, that name is just too plain and too straightforward. Of course, to some people what I’m mulling about right now is a really stupid thing. But, you know, for me, these kinds of things don’t have anything to do with being efficient and logical or anything. It’s just, I believe, to have an amazing skill with a really cool skill name is a man’s romance. That’s why I can’t let it go just like this. After thinking about it for a while, I finally try to create the cheat with the concept I came up with.

Origin

LV.EX

This skill represents the concept of the theory which said that there is something which creates mana which is needed to use magic. That something  causes the holder of this skill to has infinite magic power.

Needed CP:24

In the end, this is all I can think of.

“Huh?”(Saito)

I realized the decrease for the required CP.

“Hmmm….”(Saito)

In the end, the only conclusion I came to is because I create it with a more concrete concepts. As for why I came to this conclusion, actually, it is just a speculation I came up with by relating what I had just done and the settings in the light novels I used to read about magic. Then, suddenly I heard a knocking sound from the door.

“Excuse me, Saito, have you woken up?”(Anne)

I heard Anne call for me, so I answer and go open the door.

“Ah, yes.”(Saito)

“Good morning.”(Anne)

Anne said while smiling. I return her greeting.

“Ah, yes, good morning.”(Saito)

After I returned her greeting, I feel a little emotional since it has been a while since the last time someone greets me in the morning like this.

“Is something the matter?”(Saito)

I asked her since I don’t know the reason why she came here. After all, I didn’t ask for anything.

“Ah, it’s nothing. It’s just that it’s already the morning’s second bell and since you haven’t gone down yet, I thought you’re still sleeping and I was planning to wake you up.”(Anne)

“Second bell?”(Saito)

“Yes.”(Anne)

I got confused since I don’t understand what she’s talking about. So, I ask her.

“What do you mean second bell?”(Saito)

“Eh?”(Anne)

Anne looks confused by what I asked. Then, I realized something. I ask her again to make sure.

“Anne, when you say second bell, is that how the people in the city tell what time it is?”(Saito)

 “Yes…”(Anne)

Anne answered while still having a confused looks on her face.

‘I see. Well, I guess it’s better to come up with an excuse in this situation.’

“Hahaha, sorry about that. You see, from where I came from, we have a different way to tell what time it is, so I got confused about it.”(Saito)

“Oh, so that’s why. Well anyway, you should quickly go down before your breakfast gets even colder.”(Anne)

“Alright.”(Saito)

Anne goes back down. I close the door.

‘Well, guess I’ll just leave this theory for later. For now, I guess I’ll just go with the plan like before. After all, I’m in need of money.’

Then, I’ve decided to get the cheat and use some SP to learn healing magic. Fortunately, it only takes 1 SP to learn it.

Cheat

Cheat Points(CP):3

Create Cheat

LV.EX

Cheater’s System

LV.EX

Origin

LV.EX

Skill

Skill Points(SP):5

Hand to Hand Combat

LV.1

Intuition

LV.1

Cooking

LV.1

Mathematics

LV.2

Chemistry

LV.1

Spirit Language

LV.3

Ancient Language

LV.9

Dergan Language

LV.5

Healing Magic

LV.1

Magic Programming

LV.2

Singing

LV.1

Music Instrument

LV.1

‘Guess I should give it a try.’

I decided since I don’t feel anything after I learned it. I place my right hand on top of my left palm. When I thought about wanting to use the healing magic, information about how to use it suddenly appear in my head like how the magic can only heal small wounds, how to chant the magic, the name of the magic, etc. Then, I said the name of the skill.

“Heal.”(Saito)

A warm light and magic circle appear on my right palm. But of course, nothing else happens since my HP is still full. As for my MP, since I have infinite MP, there is also no change. In other words, nothing happened other than the lights. But, somehow I have a feeling the magic worked.

‘Maybe this is also the effect of getting the skill.’

I thought. Then, I’ve decided to get ready to go. Suddenly, the notifications appear again.

NEW QUEST!!!

Get ready to go.

Reward: 1 CP

NEW QUEST!!!

Find something to eat.

Reward: 1 CP

Seeing these notifications, I can only think.

‘Isn’t this quest system a little too abstract?’

STATUS

Sawada Saito

Age: 24 years old
Gender: Male
Race: Human

Job: Cheater

Level 1

HP:100/100
MP:∞/∞
STR:15
VIT:10
DEX:8
AGI:7
INT:14
WIS:8
LUC:1

Cheat

Cheat Points(CP):3

Create Cheat

LV.EX

Cheater’s System

LV.EX

Origin

LV.EX

Skill

Skill Points(SP):5

Hand to Hand Combat

LV.1

Intuition

LV.1

Cooking

LV.1

Mathematics

LV.2

Chemistry

LV.1

Spirit Language

LV.3

Ancient Language

LV.9

Dergan Language

LV.5

Healing Magic

LV.1

Magic Programming

LV.2

Singing

LV.1

Music Instrument

LV.1

 

11