Chapter 11
706 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Good Morning.”(Marina)

Marina-san greeted me when she saw me from the counter. Because I’m not used to this kind of thing, I got a little nervous and return her greeting a little awkwardly.

“O-oh, good morning Marina-san.”(Saito)

Then I go sit to the nearest table.

“Please wait a second Saito, I’ll bring your breakfast in a second.”(Anne)

Anne said to me while smiling. While waiting for Anne to bring me my breakfast, I feel like people are staring at me, so I try to look around. Just like what I see yesterday, I see many beautiful and cute girls around me. Of course since I’m a man, instinctively I am ogling at them using the secret technique I usually use in the previous world, the “1 second corner glimpse loop”. (AN: Secret technique explanation is at the end of the chapter.)

 “Sorry for the wait.”(Anne)

After a while, Anne came to me bringing my breakfast then putting it on the table.

“Enjoy.”(Anne)

“Thanks.”(Saito)

Then Anne leaves to tend to other customers. And with that, I begin to inspect my breakfast. Right now, on my table, there are a bowl of soup, some bacon and eggs, a rye bread, and a glass of milk.

‘Well, somehow there isn’t that much difference.’

Since this is a fantasy world, I thought the breakfast will have more fantasy like feeling or something. Because there isn’t anything unique with the appearance then I continue with tasting the food. I drink the milk since I always drink first before eating.

I got surprised because of the milk.

(AN: From here, I don’t really know what I’m writing, so if this kind of sucks then I’m sorry and your impression about it will be helpful. Though, it’ll be great if it isn’t too harsh.)

The milk is completely different from the milk I have ever drunk before. This milk just taste so fresh and it doesn’t feel too creamy at all. It’s also not too sweet. Having tasted the delicious milk, I began to have great expectations for my breakfast. Then I continue by tasting the soup. The soup looks like a cream soup and there are some vegetables in it.

I eat a spoonful of the soup. And, I feel normal. The soup is delicious. It is delicious, but that is all. It doesn’t make me feel like amazed or anything at all. In fact, it just felt bland. Then, I realized something.

‘Maybe it’s because the soup doesn’t use too much spices or herbs.’

I thought. I came up with this conclusion because this world is in Middle Ages era after all. And in middle ages, spices are extremely expensive and hard to get. Also, people in middle ages still don’t use herbs for cooking. If that’s so, then that explains the bland feeling.

‘Well, I guess for the people in this era this soup is really tasty.’

I feel a little melancholic because I realized just how much I took things for granted in the previous world. To distract my thoughts and not think about it too much, I decided to continue with the tasting. Next, I try the bacon and the egg.

“Mmm…!!!”(Saito)

‘Delicious!!!!’

I thought. While the bacon isn’t too salty, the crunchiness is like eating the crunchy part of that crispy pork chinese food. As for the egg, it is just sunny side egg, but the fluffiness of the white part is amazing and the yolk is really tasty. After that, I try to taste the only thing I haven’t taste, the bread. I bite into the bread.

‘Yep, just like I thought.’

The bread turns out just like my prediction. It is hard, completely tasteless, and neither felt soft or fluffy. Yes, this bread is definitely like the rye bread of middle ages just like in those light novels I read. So, I try to dip the bread into the soup since usually this is how those protagonists in light novels eat it. In the end, there isn’t anything worth noted other than the bread becomes a little softer. Then I continue eating while thinking about my plans again to make sure if there is anything to revise, since even after I dipped the bread into the soup there still isn’t anything worth noted.

After eating while thinking about the plan for a while, I find something problematic about the plan I had made.

‘Wait, isn’t it bad if I get into a fight?’

The plan is that after I finish a quest, I will offer healing services for wounded adventurers in the guild to increase my money. But, I realized that I forgot about the possibility of some adventurers who pick a fight with me. As for the reasons, there are many. One of those reasons is because they try to rob me or try to get back at me because of jealousy. What’s more, since now I’m considered as one of those riajuu cool guy, it increases the possibility even more. Because of this, I have to revise my plan. Then, the notification appears again, but since I’m already used to it, I decided to just give it a quick read and close it.

NEW QUEST!!!

Revise the plan and execute it.

Reward: 5 CP

“Hmmm…, in the end, this is the only thing I can think of. This will decrease the income, but it’s still better rather than getting into a fight with other adventurer.”

After thinking for a while, I came up with a revision of the plan. After I’m finished with breakfast, I go to the counter to talk with Marina-san to start my plan.

A.N: 1 second corner glimpse loop, a secret technique to look at a girl in secret by using misdirections. The user will place the girl in the corner of his eyesight and move his focus little by little in miliseconds to the girl. When the focus of the user’s eyesight finally reaches the girl, the user will absorb physical informations of the girl as much as possible in 1 second. These processes will be repeated over and over until the user has absorbed enough physical information. P.S: Seriously, I don’t even know what I wrote.

10