Chapter 12
698 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Marina-san, can I ask you something?”(Saito)

“Sure, what is it?”(Marina)

Marina-san replied. For my plan, I’m actually planning to ask her to let me do healing service here. In return, I will give her commission. But, before talking about that, I got an idea to ask about other healing services just to know how many competitors I have.

“Is there any people who provide healing service in this town?”(Saito)

“Healing service?”(Marina)

Marina-san said confusedly. So, I try to explain what I mean.

“I mean healers who will heal others if they pay for it.”(Saito)

“Oh, so that’s what you meant. Well, there are some healers who do that, but from what I heard, usually they only do it if they are not in any party and in need of money.”(Marina)

‘Well, nothing strange about that. After all, even I came up with this idea to gain money even though I’m a person from another world.’

I thought then Marina-san asks me.

“Saito-san, could it be that you can use healing magic?”(Marina)

Marina-san asks me. So, I answer her truthfully.

“Yes, though what I can heal at most are stab wounds.”(Saito)

I said. Actually, healing magic on my current level can only heal small wounds like a cut. It can also heal sickness, but only at the level of normal fever at most. It can also heal people after being poisoned, though I don’t know to what extent. But, that is the case for normal people. Actually, it turns out even with my current healing magic, I can even heal stab wounds and worse. In fact, not just me even other people can also do it. It’s just that, the problem is it needs an abnormal amount of mana. That is all I know after I learn the skill. As for the healing speed and other things, there is no other way for me but to try it. That is why I only said I can heal stab wounds at most.

“Saito-san, you actually can use such powerful healing magic!?”(Marina)

“Eh? Powerful healing magic?”(Saito)

I asked after hearing what Marina-san said just now.

“Yes, Saito-san said it before right? That you can heal stab wounds. I heard there are only a few people who can heal that degree of wounds even among the high ranked priest of the church.”(Marina)

Marina-san said. It turns out that in this world, a healing magic which can heal stab wounds is already in powerful category. Since I didn’t want to attract too much attention for now because I’m still weak, I try to degrade myself.

“Well, though I said that, I can only do it once a day.”(Saito)

“Ara~, is that so? But, it is still amazing how you can use such powerful healing magic even though you’re still this young. Really, not just you know how to praise a woman, you even have an amazing talent, as I thought, you really are a natural born playboy Saito-san.”(Marina)

*STAB*

‘GAAAGGGHH!!!! Ugh…, to think I will actually get ambushed the second time.’

“Hmm? What’s the matter Saito-san?”(Marina)

“I-it’s nothing. Well, even though you said I’m young, it still doesn’t change the fact that I’m already getting old.”(Saito)

“Mooou~, what are you saying? Even though you’re still around Anne’s age.”(Marina)

Marina-san said. But, there is something about what Marina-san said which concerned me.

“Uuummm, Marina-san, this might be weird for me to ask, but how old do you think I am?”(Saito)

Marina-san looks a little confused while answering me because of what I asked.

“Hmm? Well, aren’t you around Anne’s age?”(Marina)

And so, to clear the misunderstanding, I tell Marina-san my age.

“Eeh!? Saito-san is actually 26 years old?”(Marina)

“Yes.”(Saito)

I answered. Apparently, when I told Marina-san my real age, other people in the inn also got surprised, but I decided to just ignore it. Since I think I already spent too much time talking to Marina-san and still haven’t talked about the point of the problem, so I try to get the topic back on track. After all, if this goes on, I really won’t have time to do a quest.

After asking Marina-san about some other things, unfortunately, Marina-san only knows that healing services are expensive, but doesn’t really know the exact price. Since, we happen to be in the topic of money I also ask her about the values of the money. And just like in many light novels, this world has small copper coins, copper coins, small silver coins, silver coins, and gold coins. From what Marina-san told me, it usually takes around 3-5 copper at most for an ordinary food for commoner.

“I see. Also, Marina-san, if it’s alright, can you let me offer healing services in front of the inn? In return, let’s make it like this, I will offer discount for healing those who are guests of the inn. What do you think?” (Saito)

 “Hmm…. Well…, it’s alright for me, but like I told you, there aren’t many who use healing services, so I think it’s better if you don’t do it.”(Marina)

“Please, Marina-san!!!”(Saito)

I bow my head to Marina-san.

“Ah, come on, Saito-san there is no need to bow your head. I understand, okay? It’s alright for you to open business in front of the inn.”(Marina)

After Marina-san said that, then I discuss more details about the healing business with Marina-san.

 “Thank you for your help, Marina-san.”(Saito)

“You’re welcome. By the way, Saito-san will go to the guild to take some quests right?”(Marina)

“Yes.”(Saito)

“Then, Saito-san should find a guild receptionist called Luna, you can ask her for more details about healing magic and healers.”(Marina)

‘Luna?’

When I heard that, there is only one girl who I can think of, so I ask Marina-san for confirmation.

“When you say Luna, do you mean Greenwood-san?”(Saito)

“Yes, that’s right. Could it be Saito-san already know her?”(Marina)

“Yes, actually, she’s the one who helped me with the registration.”(Saito)

‘Actually, now that I think about it, I forgot to mention her name when I pay for the room.’

After I said that, I then ask Marina-san while make a merchant hand gesture.

“Ummm, Marina-san, actually Greenwood-san said to me that I can get a discount, but since I forgot to mention her when I pay, do you think I can still get a discount?”(Saito)

Then, Marina-san answers me while smiling.

“Fufu, well, how about this then? Instead of giving you a discount, I will give you hot water for free for a few times as change.”(Marina)

“Alright, that works. Then, I will be going to the guild now, see you later Marina-san.”(Saito)

I said since my business here is already done.

“Okay, see you later and also please be careful Saito-san.”(Marina)

“Yes.”(Saito)

Then, Anne suddenly talks to me.

“Ah, you’re going already Saito? See you later then.”(Anne)

“Mooou~, Anne, Saito-san is older than you, you know? So be more polite.”(Marina)

Marina-san told Anne.

 “It’s okay Marina-san. After all, I’m the one who told her to just call me Saito. Well, see you later then, Anne.”(Saito)

“Yes, see you later, Saito!!!”(Anne)

Anne said enthusiastically. And with that, I walk out of the inn with the guild as my next destination. Of course, while going to the guild, the notifications which show the new quests and completed quests keep appearing again and again. So, just like before, I just give it a quick read and then close it.

8