Chapter 15
678 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Heal. Heal. Heal’

Right now I’m casting healing magic while heading to the place where the herbs grow. As for the reason, that is because I just remembered I need to try whether I can increase my healing magic’s level just by using it as much as possible. After walking for a while, I’ve finally out of town and reach my destination which is in front of the forest.

‘Well, I guess I should try to check for now.’

Then I open my skill menus.

Skill

Skill Points(SP):5

Hand to Hand Combat

LV.1

Intuition

LV.1

Cooking

LV.1

Mathematics

LV.2

Chemistry

LV.1

Spirit Language

LV.3

Ancient Language

LV.9

Dergan Language

LV.5

Healing Magic

LV.1

Magic Programming

LV.2

Singing

LV.1

Music Instrument

LV.1

‘Aaaand, there’s still no change. *Sigh*, guess it won’t be that easy after all.’

I feel a little disappointed. Of course, I already knew it won’t be that easy, but I still have expectations for my healing magic’s level to increase after all.

‘Well, it’s useless to be depressed about it. It is more important to get the herbs for the quest instead.’

And with that, I begin searching for the herbs.

Few hours later (AN: To increase the fun, imagine reading this sentence with Spongebob’s narrator’s voice.)

“This is just impossible!!!”(Saito)

I shout angrily. Right now, I’m really frustrated. It’s not because I haven’t found the herb.

“Seriously, why do the herbs can only be distinguished from their roots!?”(Saito)

Yes, what makes me frustrated is one of the reasons why this quest is the most suitable for beginners. And that is, how the herbs looks just like grasses except the roots. From what Greenwood-san told me, most of the clients who make requests to gather herbs or any kind of plants always prefer it when the herbs or plants still have the roots. Sometimes, they even make it a must requirement for clearing the quest. As for the reason, that’s because the plants or herbs which still have their roots have better potency compared to the plants which already lost one.

Actually, for this quest it is okay for me even if the herbs don’t have the roots and I also mixed up some grass though I won’t be paid for the wrong ones and I will only be paid with normal price for the ones that don’t have the roots. That’s why most of the beginners usually just unplug the herb straight from the ground and don’t care about the roots. But, for me that is not good enough.

Because I came from a 21st century, I know very well just how important trusts and client’s satisfactions are when it comes to transactions. That is why I try my best to get the herbs without damaging it at all complete with the roots.

‘Well, I guess there’s no use complaining about it.’

I thought. Then with both of my hands I slap both of my cheeks like manga protagonists.

“Alright! Let’s do this!!!”(Saito)

I cheered myself up then suddenly there are rustling sounds from the nearby bushes.

“!?”(Saito)

I got tensed and raised my guard up. Then I draw my weapon just in case. After I keep staring at the bushes which made the rustling sounds just now for a few seconds. Suddenly something really fast comes out from the bushed and leaps at me. Sure enough, I got hit by it and fall to the ground.

“Gaaah!!! W-what!?”(Saito)

Then I try to get a look at what actually hit me just now.

“So, it really is a monster!!!”(Saito)

“SSSSSHAAAAA!!!”(Monster)

The monster looks just like a rabbit. But even though it looks like a rabbit there is a horn on its’ forehead and its’ eyes are completely red. What’s more unlike any rabbit I’ve seen in the previous world which always seems docile, this one has a ferocious looks and right now it is making a stance like wolves make when they’re fighting just like in mangas I’ve read. I quickly try standing up on my two feet. Suddenly, the monster leaps at me again.

“WHOA!!!”(Saito)

Unlike before, because this time I have my guard up, I reflexively dodged it by rolling to the side. After that, I quickly try to stand up then draw my dagger and look at it. While standing in my own fighting stance which I just make on the spot reflexively without thinking too much, I try my best to not lose it from my sights because I’m afraid I will get hit by again. Then, while making sure it is still in my eyesight, I try to get a glance at my HP.

‘So it did decrease, even though it is only a little.’

No doubt that my HP decreased because of that first attack.

‘Heal!’

I heal myself just in case. After that, I try to keep my focus at the monster. Right now, I and the monster are making eye contacts and doing something like a staring contest. Even though I don’t have anything like mind reading power or anything, I just somehow know that this monster is also watching my every move just like what I do to the monster right now. I take a deep breath trying to calm myself.

‘Now then, what to do?’

I’m hesitating whether I should attack it first or wait for it to attack me instead then attack it after I dodge it. Suddenly, the monster comes charging at me again. I quickly dodge to the side. Automatically, I realize it left its’ guard open. So, I quickly slash it with my dagger.

“Kuh! Too shallow huh!?”(Saito)

“Krrrrr…..”(Monster)

Unfortunately, I didn’t feel much resistance from the slash just now. When I look at the monster again, I see there is blood dripping from its’ front right foot. I take a deep breath again to calm myself since I think I’m being too tense again.

‘Alright. This time, let’s try attacking first and prepare myself if it attacks me back.’

I run to get close to the monster and slash it, but it jump and dodge to the side then the moment it lands, it suddenly jump at me, charging me again. Since I’m already prepared for this, I put my guard up and placing both my arms in front of me in a cross shape. I got knocked back a little, but I don’t fall on the ground this time and quickly get into my fighting stance again even though my arms feel numb from its’ attack just now.

‘As I thought, it won’t be that easy to get a hit.’

I thought. Then, I came up with an idea though I’m not sure it’s going to work.

‘Well, no use only thinking about it. Let’s just try it and hope for the best!’

I quickly open my skill menu. Then, after a few seconds, the monster came charging at me again. But, unlike before, I have actually also been waiting for the monster to attack me.

“EAT THIS!!! FIRE!!!”(Saito)

When I shout that while putting my left hand in front of me, a magic circle appear in front of it and a fire suddenly came out and hit the monster. The monster is thrown back a little in the air and fall to the ground. In the end, the idea I came up with is the classic learning fire magic.

“KRRRIIIIEEE!!!”(Monster)

The monster shouts painfully while squirming and rolling violently on the ground.

‘It’s still not dead yet!’

I thought. I quickly run to get closer to the monster then when I’m finally in range…

“UUUUOOOOOHHHH!!!!”(Saito)

I stab the monster.

“KKKRRRAAAA!!!”(Monster)

The monster shouts painfully again. Whether it is because of a rush of adrenaline or whatever, I’m not sure, but when I hear that,

“AAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!! DIE!!! DIE!!! DIEEE!!!”(Saito)

I shout loudly like a maniac, swearing at the monster while pulling out the dagger and stab the monster, over and over again without thinking. Pulling out, stabbing, pulling out, stabbing, pulling out, stabbing.

…..

After doing those for a while, I’ve finally stopped because I got tired and out of stamina. I step back a little, letting go of my dagger and let it fall on the ground than fall sitting on the ground.

“*Wheeze*… Wheeze*…”(Saito)

I take a look at the monster.

“I…did  that…, huh? *Wheeze*… Wheeze*…”(Saito)

When I see the monster, I see its’ body full of holes from the stabbing. Seeing that, I remember again what I did just now.

“*Wheeze*… Wheeze*… Now that I think about it, didn’t I act just like a yandere who try to kill his love rival just now? Well, that was crazy, hahah. *Wheeze*… Wheeze*…”(Saito)

Still sitting on the ground, I’m still trying to catch my breath.

“I guess…, I’ll just go back now.”(Saito)

I said to myself. At this point, I only feel tired and don’t really care for how much herbs I have. The only thing that matters is that I already have some herbs. Besides, the guild itself doesn’t put any minimum amount. Then, the notifications suddenly appear before me again.

“Seriously?  *Sigh*… Whatever.”(Saito)

This time I just close the notifications and didn’t even try to read it. After that, I prepare myself to get back to town and report to the guild, even though the sun still hasn’t set yet. And that, is how my first life or death fight in this world came to an end.

9