Chapter 16
623 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After walking for a few hours, I’ve finally arrived at the guild.

‘Finally.’

I thought. Without wasting any time, I go inside the guild and go the counter, the situation at the counter is still the same as always. So, I quickly go to Greenwood-san to finish my quest, so I can quickly go back to the inn.

“Excuse me, Greenwood-san.”(Saito)

“Ah, Saito-san! Welco-…wha-..!? A-are you alright, Saito-san!?”(Lunalitte)

She asked me with a panicked expression.

“Yes, I’m okay.”(Saito)

I said while smiling as best as I can to hide my exhaustion.

“I-I see. Thank goodness. But, then why do you have so much blood on you?”(Lunalitte)

“Hmm? Aaah~…”(Saito)

When I look at myself, I have just realized. Right now, there are so much dirt and blood splatters on my body. Well, to put it in simpler terms, right now, I have a completely messy appearance like a person who just got completely beaten up.

“Oh, this. It’s because I fight with a monster when I was collecting herb. Anyway, I want to report about the quest.”(Saito)

I said while feeling a little cranky, so I try to make sure the talk won’t get too sidetracked.

“Ah, y-yes. Then, please show me the herbs.”(Lunalitte)

“Okay.”(Saito)

Then, I take out the herbs I’ve gathered from my inventory.

“Eh!?”(Lunalitte)

Suddenly Greenwood-san shows a surprised expression.

“Saito-san, t-that just now!?”(Lunalitte)

“What?”(Saito)

I got confused since I don’t understand what Greenwood-san talking about.

‘Wait…’

Then I realized. It is all because I take out the herbs from inventory. From the information I got before, in this world there are magicians who can use magic which functions like inventory. And that magic is part of the Space Magic which is very rare since it is part of Ancient Magic. That is why it is normal to be surprised if suddenly a newbie adventurer actually can use this kind of magic.

‘What a pain…’

I thought while feeling crankier than before since I’m gathering too much attention right now.

“Saito-san, what did you do just now!?”(Lunalitte)

“I just used space magic to take out the herbs I stored.”(Saito)

I explained as short as possible since I want to get this done as fast as possible.

“Space magic!? That’s amazing Saito-san, so you can actually use space magic. Hm? But, that’s weird, usually there should be some kind of portal when one uses the item bag space magic.”(Lunalitte)

‘Shit! So, there is that kind of difference!?’

I though. Fortunately, I already have an excuse prepared for this kind of conditions.

“Really? Well, when my master taught me, it’s always like this so I thought it is normal. Anyway, how are the herbs? Are they good enough?”(Saito)

I try to change the topic quickly.

“Eh? Ah, yes. Let’s see… Yes, the herbs are in good conditions. Also, thank you very much for taking the time to gather it carefully without damaging the roots, Saito-san.”(Lunalitte)

“Don’t worry about it. Also, about the monster I fought, can I sell its’ corpse here?”(Saito)

“Of course.”(Lunalitte)

“Then…”(Saito)

I take out the monster’s corpse from my inventory and it is placed on the desk.

“Um… this…”(Lunalitte)

When Greenwood-san saw the corpse, she suddenly has troubled expression. Well, after taking a look at the condition of the corpse again, it’s only normal to have the kind of expression. The corpse’s body is full of stab holes and most parts of its’ fur is burned. If there is one saving grace about it, is that it still has the form of a rabbit.

“Saito-san, I’m sorry, but with the condition of the corpse’s condition like this, I doubt you can get a good amount of money.”(Lunalitte)

“That is fine.”(Saito)

In the end, I didn’t try to argue or negotiate. After all, right now, the only thing I can think of right now is that I want to finish this quickly, go back to the inn, take a bath, eat dinner, and sleep.

“Then, this is the reward for the herbs and also the price for the sold corpse.”(Lunalitte)

I took the money and store it in my inventory.

“Um, aren’t you going to check it?”(Lunalitte)

“No, it’s alright, I’m already tired today, that’s why I’m planning to go back as fast as possible.”(Saito)

I said to Greenwood-san truthfully to finish the conversation as fast as possible.

“Oh, I see. Then, if there is a problem with the money, just tell me tomorrow, I will take care of it.”(Lunalitte)

“Okay. Thanks. See you tomorrow then, Greenwood-san.”(Saito)

 “Ah! Y-yes. See you tomorrow, Saito-san.”(Lunalitte)

She said while smiling happily. After that, I quickly go back to the inn. After I’ve reached the inn, I just quickly take a bath, eat my dinner, and try to keep the conversations as short as possible with everyone who talks with me including Marina-san and Anne then go to sleep. As for the notifications, obviously, they appear many times, but I just close them and don’t read them since it is too annoying.

8