Chapter 18
588 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Good morning Saito-san.”(Anne)

Anne said to me with bright smile.

“Good morning Anne.”(Saito)

I returned her greetings. I go to the counter and sit on one of the available seats. I greet Marina-san.

“Good morning, Marina-san.”(Saito)

“Good morning, Saito-san.”(Marina)

Marina-san returned my greetings.

‘As expected, it is a great morning.’

I thought to myself. Right now, I feel like my soul is completely healed after seeing Anne’s and Marina-san’s smiles.

“It looks like you are completely fine now Saito-san.”(Marina)

“Eh?”(Saito)

Marina-san said to me. Because of that, I remember about my behavior yesterday and realize that I was acting really rude to everyone.

“Ah, I’m really sorry about how rude I was yesterday.”(Saito)

“It’s okay, don’t worry about it. But, if it’s okay with you, how about telling me what happened?”(Marina)

“Well,…”(Saito)

I told Marina-san about how yesterday I feel really tired, what I went through, and how that is actually my first battle.

“I see. So that is actually your first time fighting a monster.”(Marina)

“Eh!? Saito, is yesterday really your first time fighting a monster!?”(Anne)

Anne shouted while holding foods on both of her hands. Apparently, Anne happened to hear what I was talking about with Marina-san. And because of how loud she said it, now everyone in the inn will know that yesterday is the first time I fight a monster,

“Anne! Mooou~”(Marina)

“Oops!! S-Sorry.”(Anne)

“It’s okay.”(Saito)

I said to Anne since it’s not like it is a big problem for me.

“But, it’s a good thing that you only encountered a Horned Rabbit yesterday.”(Anne)

‘So, they just called it Horned Rabbit.’

“That’s right. It would’ve been much dangerous if you happened to encounter a goblin or something stronger.”(Marina)

Marina-san said. From how they said it, it looks like there are some cases where rookie adventurers encounter stronger monsters that Horned Rabbit accidentally. Though, when I thought about it again, it is only normal.

‘Well, after all, adventurer is a job which confronts dangers and the unknowns after all.’

“Saito, you should be more careful next time, okay? If you encounter strong monsters, you must run away instead of fighting it and survive no matter what.”(Anne)

“Mooou~, Anne, even if yesterday is the first time Saito-san fought a monster, it’s not like Saito-san is that reckless.”(Marina)

“Ahaha.”(Saito)

I laughed at the exchange between Anne and Marina-san. But, when I think about it again, right now, even if I die in this world, there will be no one who will shed tears for me. After all, unlike in the previous world, in this world, I don’t have anyone who knows me for years or families.

‘That’s right. Even if I die in this world, no one will cry or suffer from it.’

I thought. I feel melancholic and a little lonely, but at the same time also feel a little happy since no one will suffer from thinking about it. Suddenly, I see Anne’s face right in front of my eyes and got surprised from it.

“W-what is it Anne?”(Saito)

I asked her.

“Well, it’s just that you are suddenly being quiet. Seeing from your face, are you thinking about something difficult?”(Anne)

I don’t know whether it is because how easy it is to talk with Anne or because of my reclusiveness towards people from my time being a hikiNEET in the previous world, I ended up answering her question truthfully.

“It’s nothing. It’s just that, I’m thinking that even if I die, it’ll be fine since no one will cry or be sad even if I’m dead since my families and friends aren’t here.”(Saito)

I said in a joking tone.

“Saito!”(Anne)

“Y-yes!?”(Saito)

Anne suddenly called me. I reflexively answered stutteringly because I got surprised from it.

“Saito, you said that if you die, no one will cry. But you’re wrong!!! If you die, then I’m sure I will cry and feel sad about it!!! That’s why, don’t ever say something like it is fine even if you die!!!”(Anne)

“Y-yes.”(Saito)

That is the only thing I can say to Anne since I got completely speechless because of what she said.

“Ha!”(Anne)

Then Anne’s face became red like she has just realized she just did something embarrassing. And with how everyone is staring at us, it only makes Anne’s face become redder.

“Uu~~, e-, excuse me~~~~!!!!”(Anne)

Anne then runs really fast and leaves me and Marina-san while covering her face with the tray on her hands.

“Fufufu, that’s the first time I see Anne is flustered like that.”(Marina)

“Ahaha~.”(Saito)

I can only laugh hearing what Marina-san said while looking at Anne tending to other customers.

“Saito-san.”(Marina)

When I turn around, I see Marina-san with a serious look unlike usual.

“It might have been only 2 days since the day you first come to this town. But, even so, I can at least assure you that Saito-san has become someone important for some people because of your kindness. At least, that is the case for Anne and for me. That is why, just like what Anne said, you must never said such things. Because, if Saito-san dies, not just Anne, I’m sure, I will also sad and cry because of it.”(Marina)

I become completely speechless from it. Because this is the first time someone told me something like this. Even though, there is obviously no concrete proof for what Anne and Marina-san said just now. Somehow, I can feel that it is real, it is genuine, that they really will cry and feel sad if I die just like they said.

‘I wonder, is this what those characters felt?’

I remembered those characters which usually get comforted. When I read those kinds of situations, sometimes I will feel that it sounds corny, and yet those characters are so easily persuaded to the point it just feels like it is full of bullshits. And yet, here I am, experiencing those things and felt the same things just like those characters.

‘How ironic.’

I thought to myself. Then I answers Marina-san.

“I understand, Marina-san. I’m sorry for saying something like that.”(Saito)

“Mm-hm, it is good if you understand. Now, you should quickly eat your breakfast, before it gets any colder.”(Marina)

“Yes.”(Saito)

I answered. I eat my breakfast. After that, I make my way to the guild while using healing magic on myself to try to increase its’ level again.

 

9