Chapter 21
550 5 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘This should be the place.’

The quest I took this time is simply to help the client to clean the house in front of me right now. From the job description, it is said that one of the people who should’ve clean the house got sick. That is why, I am here as a substitute.

‘Still…’

When I look at the house in front of me which seems quite old and with this house’s location is near a slum, add to that with how the sum of the reward aren’t much, I come to a conclusion that the client must be quiet poor.

‘Usually, this kind of place is actually an orphanage or something like that.’

I assumed. Since if I keep standing here I will just be wasting time, I decided to knock at the door.

“*knock*knock*knock*”(Saito)

I waited until someone comes out. After waiting for a while there is still no one comes out, so I try knocking the door harder and shout a little.

“*Knock*Knock*Knock*, Excuse me~~~~”(Saito)

No answer. But, I waited again in front of the door for a few minutes and yet not even mentioning someone coming out, there isn’t even a sound from inside the house at all.

“Could it be that they are out?”(Saito)

I talked to myself while feeling a little irritated.

“*sigh* Man, this is exactly the kind of time when I miss civilizations. After all, in situations like this, I can just call the client to make sure.”(Saito)

I grunted letting out my irritation.

‘Well, what should I do then?’

I pondered on whether to get back to the guild and keep waiting here. After thinking about it for a while, I’ve decided to just keep waiting here for the client since I don’t want to get a bad record after all. And so, I’ve decided to just take it easy and sit in front of the house while waiting for the client while thinking that this is also just another part of the job to get rid of the little irritation I have left.

‘Oh yeah, while I’m at it, I might as well train my magic.’

With that decided, I begin training my magic. The first magic I train is water magic since obviously there is a risk of burning the house if I train fire magic without being careful. And since this is training, I also try to use the magic without using incantation just like always and not saying the name of the magic. I do the same thing just like what I did this morning when I tried water magic then a small amount of water is floating on top of my palm.

‘Hmmm….., in the end it still takes as much mana just like before. Oh well, it’s not like I know another efficient training method, so let’s just learn by practice just like always.’

After that, I once again try to heat up the water first to completely make sure I can do at least this much.

‘Alright, let’s try it.’

I take a deep breath then exhale it to prepare myself. I imagine the water on my palm getting hot to the point there are bubbles on the surface. After a while, I can feel the water’s getting hotter from the heat of the water being transmitted on my palm. After I think the water is hot enough, I try to make sure the water is not losing heat while keeping my focus. One minute passed. Two minutes passed.

*Splash*

“Hah…., phew.”(Saito)

The water splashed on the floor. After that, I try to check my water magic level while having a little expectation.

“Seriously~~”(Saito)

Even after I managed to do that, the level of my water magic is still not increasing so I feel a little disappointed.

‘No. Come on, focus. It’s not like there isn’t any improvement at all. All I need to do is just train harder, then I’m sure the level will increase.’

I cheered myself up and decided to continue my training.

“Alright, this time let’s try to turn the water into ice. Hm?”(Saito)

Just when I prepare myself to use water magic, I see a silhouette of people walking in this direction in the distance.

“Could it be that is the client? Well, I guess I’ll continue later then.”(Saito)

After waiting for a while, I can finally see those people. It turns out those people are middle aged woman and some kids.

“Excuse me, if I may ask, is there anything mister need from us?”(Middle Aged Woman)

The middle aged woman asked me politely.

‘Why is she talking to me so politely? ....Well, whatever.’

I decided to just ignore it and continue with the quest.

“I am an adventurer from the guild. I came here for the quest.”(Saito)

“Oh my, so you are from the guild. I’m sorry for making you wait out here since, suddenly there are some important matters came up.”(Middle Aged Woman)

“No, it’s alright.”(Saito)

I replied. Then suddenly one of the kids asks me.

“Onii-chan, could it be that you’re actually the prince?”(Kid A)

“Eh?”(Saito)

“Oh my.”(Middle Aged Woman)

I was surprised because of what the kid said and completely stunned for a few seconds.

“No, unfortunately I’m not a prince, I’m just a normal adventurer. In the first place, there’s no way a prince will wear normal clothes like mine, right?”(Saito)

“Really~? Well, but onii-chan is really cool and handsome.”(Kid A)

“Yes, that’s right.”(Kid B)

“Is that so? Well, thank you for that.”(Saito)

 “Fufufu, my, my, what a lady killer.”(Middle Aged Woman)

“Ah..hahaha.”(Saito)

Since I’m still not used to being praised like that, I ended up feeling a little embarrassed.

“Ah.”(Saito)

Then I remember that I haven’t introduced myself to her yet.

“I’m sorry for being rude. I haven’t even introduced myself yet. My name is Sawada Saito, an F rank adventurer.”(Saito)

“Oh my, now that you said it, I also forgot to introduce myself. I am the owner and also the caretaker of this orphanage, Theresa.”(Theresa)

‘So, this really is an orphanage after all.’

I thought. Then, I decided to ask Theresa-san about the job.

“Then, Theresa-san, I’m sorry if I’m being rude, but please let me get straight to the business, can you tell me what should I do?”(Saito)

I asked her as polite as possible to make sure she doesn’t become dissatisfied because of my attitude.

“Oh yes, of course, then let’s go inside I will show you the place you need to clean.”(Theresa)

“Yes.”(Saito)

I follow her and the kids going inside. She told me to take a seat and wait while she is also dividing the chores for the kids. After she’s done with that, she finally led me to the place.

“This is the room you need to clean.”(Theresa)

Inside the room she led me to, there are many things in it. Also, the room itself is really dusty.

“As you can see, this is the room we use for storage and it has been a while since this room has been cleaned. So, I will do other chores first then when I’m done, I will come to you. Ah, but don’t worry, there is no need to finish by then, but please make sure that you already moved out all of the things inside so it will be much easier for me to help you clean this place.”(Theresa)

Theresa-san said. But then, I reply to her.

“No, I can finish this right now.”(Saito)

“Eh?”(Theresa)

I extend my right hand and then…

“Purification.”(Saito)

When I said that, magic circle appears from my hand. Then, the room shines a little and when the light’s gone, the room becomes completely clean, in fact, not just the room, but even all of the things inside the room also don’t even have a speck of dust left.

‘Wow, if I actually can use this kind of magic in the previous world, I would’ve become super rich just by opening a cleaning service or laundry.’

I thought while feeling amazed at the unexpected result from the magic. The magic I just used is purification which is part of healing magic. Usually, this magic is used to get rid of abnormal status like poisoned, cursed, etc. But, this magic can actually also be used for cleaning like what I did just now. At least, according to the information I get right after learning the healing magic.

‘Anyway…’.

“Now then, can you show me the other places which need to be cleaned Theresa-san?”(Saito)

“Eh?”(Theresa)

Theresa-san said while looking at me with a completely surprised expression.

10