Chapter 23
505 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hey there.”(Saito)

I said to Philia-chan. But, Philia-chan only returns my greeting with silence and still sitting gloomily at the corner of the room.

“….”(Saito)

“….”(Philia)

Since I myself was a NEET, it is already obvious enough that my communication skill is close to none. That is why, since she doesn’t say anything and return my greetings, thus the only thing I can do after that is only looking at my surroundings while feeling nervous while thinking about topics I can talk about with kids around her age.

“….”(Saito)

“….”(Philia)

In the end, I can’t think of anything on the spot and because of that, the awkward silence in the room continues.

‘Aaagggh, dammit, let’s just do this.’

I decided to just get closer to her first.

“*shudder*”(Philia)

When, I have just walked one step forward, Philia-chan suddenly shuddered then she begins to look around restlessly like a panicked person. After that, she quickly runs into the other corner of the room, making some distance from me and sits there while shivering.

‘This…, no matter how anyone see this, she’s definitely scared of me, isn’t it? Oh well, I guess this kind of reaction is normal after what she went through in the past.’

I thought. Since, I doubt there is any change even if I try to get close to her again, I decided to do something else.

‘Alright, let’s just begin by introducing myself first.’

I decided since this is the only thing which I can think of in my mind. Actually, I don’t think I need to introduce myself anymore since from this room, she should be able to hear everything, so she should already know my name. But, I just can’t think of anything else to talk about to break the ice.

“By the way, I haven’t introduced myself, my name is Sawada Saito, an adventurer.”(Saito)

I said while smiling as best as I can to make sure she’s not afraid of me.

“….”(Philia)

“….”(Saito)

She still doesn’t say anything. So, I try talking again.

“If it’s alright with you, can you tell me your name?”(Saito)

I tried asking her name even though I already know it. Now that I think about it, I feel idiotic since she should’ve already known that I knew her name. The silence continues.

 “….”(Philia)

“….”(Saito)

‘I’m begging you, say something!!!!’

I cried out in my heart since I just can’t take the awkward silence anymore. I tried talking to her again, more honestly this time since I just don’t care anymore and already sick of thinking for something to talk about.

“Y-you know, actually, Theresa-san told me that your name is Philia. If it’s okay with you, can I call you Philia-chan?”(Saito)

“….”(Philia)

“….”(Saito)

‘Someone, help me.’

The awkward silence continues. In the end, I still failed to try to make her talk to me and right now, I feel like I want to stop doing this and just leave since it feels like I’m being annoying right now.

‘But, I mustn’t, I guess. My situations in the previous world might not be as bad as her, but at least, I’m sure that right now, I mustn’t give up and leave her alone.’

Because of how I was in the previous world, surely enough I was also categorized as one of the lonely people. And among lonely people, no matter how bad one’s situations are, as long as they make distance with other people or they are afraid of people, those are already proof enough that they are one. That is why, I‘m sure, if I want to make Philia-chan believe me and stop being depressed like this, I must stay by her side as much as possible and never give up. Though, that still doesn’t change the fact that I still don’t know what should I do right now.

‘Well, it won’t change anything if I don’t do anything, so let’s do this.’

“Philia-chan, is it okay if I train my magic here?”(Saito)

“….”(Philia)

Just like before, Philia-chan still doesn’t say anything. But since backing out won’t do anything, I’ve decided to just take her silence as her sign of agreement and take a seat right where I am standing right now because I’m sure I will scare her again if I try to decrease our distance right now.

“Excuse me then.”(Saito)

After I take a seat I begin my magic training and of course, since I need to be careful and make sure no one gets hurt, I’ve decided to focus my training on water magic. After some time, I see the sun is setting from the window.

‘*Sigh* In the end, Philia-chan still didn’t say anything. Oh well, at least, it’s not like there isn’t any result.’

The result I am talking about doesn’t have anything to do with my magic because unfortunately, the only improvement I get from this training is that it is much easier for me to create warm water and ice from now on. Instead, the result I was talking about is how I actually managed to get Philia-chan’s attention. That is because while I’m training, Philia-chan still didn’t say anything, but she always stares at me, watching what I was doing. Although, when I try to talk to her again or when she realized I was also staring at her, she quickly hangs her head down and stopped staring, but after a while she began staring at me again.

‘Now then, I guess it’s about time I go back.’

I stand up, and then Philia-chan suddenly shudders.

‘So she’s still scared of me, huh.’

I thought. Honestly, seeing her reactions makes me a little disappointed, but when I think about again, of course it won’t be that easy to gain her trust. After all, if it is so easy to gain  trusts then there’s no way people have secrets.

“I’m going back now Philia-chan. When I have time I’ll come again next time.”(Saito)

“….”(Philia)

I leave the room and since I don’t see anyone I look outside through the window and I saw Theresa-san and the other kids, so I get out of the house to meet them.

“Excuse me, Theresa-san, I’ll be going back now.”(Saito)

“Oh my, already?”(Theresa)

“Yes, since I still need to report to the guild as well.”(Saito)

“I see, then please wait a sec.”(Theresa)

“Eh? Ah, yes.”(Saito)

Theresa-san then goes inside. After a while, she came out while holding something shiny.

“Here, please take this.”(Theresa)

Theresa-san gave me something like a flask which has a blue color liquid inside it.

‘Wait…, could this thing be actually…’

Because of the form of the flask, I have inkling as to what exactly Theresa-san give me, but just to make sure, I’ve decided to ask.

“Theresa-san, could this be actually a healing potion?”(Saito)

“Yes, that’s right.”(Theresa)

In the end, it turns out just like I thought.

‘Wait, now that I think about it, isn’t this a good chance to try Libra?’

I thought. Because I got too focused on other things, I completely forgot about my new cheat skill. So, I try to use Libra to get more information about the item on my hand.

Healing Potion

 

Quality: Normal

A normal healing potions which usually made by the church. It can only heal small injuries and colds at most.

‘Hmmm…, somehow, the information is not as detailed as I thought.’

I got a little disappointed because I was actually hoping it shoes more detailed information like its’ price for example. Just when I thought that, something happened to the description of the items.

Healing Potion

 

Quality: Normal

Market Price:1 silver

A normal healing potions which usually made by the church. It can only heal small injuries and colds at most.

This time, there is information about the market price of the potion.

‘I see, it looks like I can get additional information just by thinking it. Then how abou-’

Just when I got curious and want to try more, suddenly Theresa-san talks to me.

“Saito-san, is something the matter?”(Theresa)

“Eh?A-ah, it’s nothing”(Saito)

I replied to her. When I think about it, since no one can see the interface of the system, it is normal for anyone to think I’m zoning out when they see me while I’m using the system. Since that is the case, I’ve decided to just continue the experiment when I get to the inn.

“Um…, Theresa-san, I’m sorry, but I can’t accept something as expensive as this.”(Saito)

I said to her. From the information I saw, the market price for something like this is 1 silver after all. Of course, I appreciate being given something this expensive, but as usual, I always make sure whether it is alright to refuse it once, to make sure I am not being too rude.

“Don’t worry, it’s alright, just take it.”(Theresa)

 “But…”(Saito)

“Please accept it Saito-san, just consider it as the additional reward for the quest and also my thanks for trying to help Philia.”(Theresa)

“…, I understand. Thank you very much Theresa-san.”(Saito)

After that, I put the potion into inventory while pretending putting the potion into my pocket since I don’t want too many people find out about my ability.

“Well then, Theresa-san. I’ll be going now. See you next time.”(Saito)

“Yes, Kids, come here, let’s thank Saito-san for his help today and send him off. Philia, you come out too.”(Theresa)

Then, all the kids are gathering around Theresa-san and thank me, except Philia-chan who still doesn’t come out. Then Theresa-san calls for Philia again, but she still won’t come out.

“I’m sorry about Philia, Saito-san. Even though you even spend your time playing with her.”(Theresa)

“It’s alright.”(Saito)

I assured Theresa-san. After all, it’s not like I was playing with her. What’s more, what actually happen is more like I’m disturbing her and trespass her private space.

“Well then, see you next time. Philia-chan too, see you next time!!!”(Saito)

I shouted a little to make sure Philia-chan hears me, but Philia-chan still doesn’t show herself. Then, I turn around and begin to make my way to the guild. While walking, I’m waving my hand to the kids and Theresa-san who are sending me off. At that time, I happen to see a glance of Philia-chan’s white hair which looks like she’s trying to hide behind the window. Though honestly, since it is so far, it might also be just my imagination. Then, I continue heading to the guild while using heal to try to increase my healing magic’s level just like always.

8