Chapter 24
531 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“*Sigh*”(Saito)

Right now, I’m walking through something like the market district of this town after I finished my report to the guild. As for why I came to this place, well, what actually happened is since unfortunately, I didn’t see Greenwood-san when I was reporting to the guild, I was planning to just immediately go back to the inn after I was done with my report. But, when I was on my way to the inn, I happened to pass this place which has many stands and saw many people selling. Since I got interested and have never really tried to do some sightseeing, I’ve decided to do it now. But now, there is a problem.

“Ah…um…ex-excuse me!”(???)

I heard a cute voice of a girl from behind me, so I turn around and make sure that someone really is calling for me. After I turned around, I see a girl with a quite ugly face in front of me fidgeting, though for the eyes of the men around me, they are probably seeing a cute or beautiful girl.

“Yes?”(Saito)

I replied to her as friendly as possible. Though, from observing how she acts, I think I already know the reason why she talks to me.

“Ummm…., i-if it’s okay with you, would you like to have dinner together with me? I know a good restaurant around here.”(Ugly Girl)

‘Yep, as I thought.’

In the end, it really is another reverse pick up again. Before this, I actually already got around reverse picked up around ten to eleven times. Even though most of the girls who did it are ugly, I still felt happy about it at first. After all, there is no man who doesn’t like being popular and sometimes I even makes those ‘being handsome is a sin’ sarcastic comments in my mind, but after a few times, I got a little annoyed.

“I’m sorry, I’m in a hurry right now since I’ve got something to do after this. See you.”(Saito)

“A-…”(Ugly Girl)

I quickly say my goodbyes to that girl and walk away. After getting reverse picked up many times, I’ve finally learned that the easiest and the most efficient ways to save time to reject the girls’ invitations is by being cruel enough to just give them a short and straight rejection.

‘I guess in this case, it is fortunate that most of those girls are ugly. It made me feel less guilty.’

After that, I continue my sightseeing. After a while, I see people crowding at one spot. Since I got curious, I decided to try to find out. I go to the crowd, but because of I am smaller compared to the people in front of me, I cannot see anything.

‘*Sigh*, I can’t see anything at all. Guess I’ll just try to ask the person in front of me.’

With that in mind, I try asking the man standing in front of me what happened and cause this crowd.

“Excuse me.”(Saito)

“Huh?”(Man)

“Can you tell me what happened here?”(Saito)

“Ah, well, it seems there is an argument here.”(Man)

“An argument?”(Saito)

“Well, from what I heard, it looks like there is a woman who happened to bump into the other woman. The problem is that the other woman said that the woman who bumped into her do that on purpose. After that, things got heated up, and then the woman who got bumped called her boyfriend who is actually the famous Brave Knight and told him to teach that woman who bumped into her a lesson.”(Man)

I managed to get the gist of the problem, but there is something which piqued my interest.

“Brave Knight? What is that?”(Saito)

“What!? You don’t even know Brave Knight!? Seriously, just from which countryside are you? Dragon Crusher you see is one of the seven S-rank adventurers in this kingdom. You see, in the past, there is a town which happened to be attacked by a red dragon. What is worse, that red dragon is actually a subspecies and stronger than any red dragon. Because of that, all of the capable adventurers didn’t have enough strength to defeat that dragon, except for one adventurer that is. And of course, that adventurer is Brave Knight who was still an E rank adventurer at that time. At that time, he is supposed to only help people evacuation, but when he saw an adventurer who is about to be killed by the dragon’s breath, he quickly come in front of that man and protected him from the breath then killed the dragon by himself. It is because of this incident that Brave Knight is recognized as an S-rank adventurer and also gains his title and called Brave Knight.”(Man)

The man told the story full with passion. Then, suddenly, I hear a familiar voice.

“I’M SORRY!!!”(???)

‘This voice…’

I thought, then I quickly try pushing my way deeper into the crowd trying to get to the center of it which is the direction of the voice.

“Ah, oi, kid.”(Man)

While I was trying to push my way, I hear that man called me, but I decided to ignore it, since for me, the familiar voice is more important. Then after a while, I’ve finally managed to get a better view of the center of the crowd. What I see in front of me, on my right, there is a bald man who has the face of a thug and has big body which is covered by a full armor and right beside him are another man who looks like his goon and an ugly woman. Although, if I have to make comparison, that woman is not as ugly as Orcea, but still uglier compared to the girls who tried to hit on me before. As for my left, there, I saw the familiar face I have thought of just from hearing the familiar voice before. That person is Marina-san and right now, she is kneeling. And so, connecting this scene with what that man told me just now, I finally completely understand what is happening here.

“AS IF SAYING SORRY IS ENOUGH!!!!”(Goon)

The goon suddenly shouted with a really loud voice.

“Like I said! Because you bumped into aniki’s girl here, now she’s got hurt, so all we ask is for you to give us compensation money!”(Bald Man)

“Ouch.., it still hurts~.”(Ugly Woman)

The woman acted. Though, I’m sure there is no one here who actually believes that woman actually got hurt. In other words, what I’m trying to say is that what I am witnessing in front of me right now is nothing more but extortion.

“I’m sorry.”(Marina)

Marina-san still kneeling and just apologize.

“LIKE I SAID, JUST APOLOGIZING IS NOT ENOUGH!!! Don’t tell me, you’re actually doing on purpose!? Are you actually looking down on Brave Knight aniki!?”(Goon)

The goon once again shouted with a really loud voice and makes his own conclusion as he pleased.

“Oi, that’s enough. Just stop it.”(Bald Man)

The bald man who has been quite since before suddenly spoke.

“Eh? Wait, darling, don’t tell me you’re letting her go?”(Ugly Woman)

“O-Oooohhh, I see, as expected of aniki, you really have a big heart for even letting her go.”(Goon)

The ugly woman shows a clearly dissatisfied expression while the goon immediately boots licking his boss. Then the bald man says to his goon.

“You idiot, of course that’s not it. If I do that, then people will look down on this Brave Knight-sama. I told you to stop because I just came up with a better solution. Since this freak in front of us doesn’t have any money, then we just need to take everything she has with her right now even her underwear. After that, we just have to take her around town as some kind of freak show to get some money. After all, I’m sure the existence of an ugly monster like this is quite rare in a town. At the same time, even if we don’t get money from it, at least we already teach her a lesson to not mess with this Brave Knight-sama or my woman.”(Bald Man)

The bald man proudly told his opinion with a loud voice.

“Yaaan~, as expected of darling, you are so smart to come up with a great solution like that.”(Ugly Woman)

“Aniki, you really are genius.”(Goon)

I can only feel exasperated from the craziness of what they just said. But, as if what I heard wasn’t bad enough, the bald man continues.

“Now that I think about it since I’m in the mood. After we’re done with the freak show, we will do a favor for this town for free by getting rid of this monster from this town. Gahahahaha!!!”(Bald man)

“Kyaaannn~, darling, you are really kind, to think that you will help people for free. I’ve fallen in love with you even more~~.”(Ugly Woman)

“You really have such a big heart aniki, it really is not wrong for me to follow you.”(Goon)

“Gahahahaha!!!”(Bald Man)

From his expression, it is obvious the bald man got even more big headed from the ugly woman’s and the goon’s boot licking. Because of what the bald man said, the surroundings also begin making fun of Marina-san by whispering to each other in audible voices.

“Well, that monster has always been in the way. After all, even though she is unsightly, she doesn’t realize it herself and still has the impudence to walk outside without covering her face. Doesn’t it know that it is hurting people’s eyes?”(Person A)

“Seriously, how unsightly.”(Person B)

“Finally, this town managed to get rid of that monster.”(Person C)

“Oh yeah, that thing actually has a child right? Since the child is also as ugly as that thing, I wonder if the Brave Knight-sama will also get rid of it as well.”(Person D)

The bald man then continues again.

“What’s that!? This monster actually has a child? *Sigh*, okay, fine, fine, I will also take of the child for free as well.”(Bald Man)

When the people heard that, the surroundings begin shouting.

“Oooh, so this town will finally be free of these monsters!”(Person E)

“Brave Knight-sama, thank you very much. Long live Brave Knight-sama! Banzai!!”(PersonF)

The surroundings got even more excited and began to say whatever they want. And, among these people who are excited, there is Marina-san who is only crying with an expression full of despair.

‘That’s it.’

When I see Marina-san like that and how ugly these people are right now, I begin to feel annoyed.

‘Libra’

Then I used Libra on the bald man.

STATUS

Glorg

Age: 38 years old
Gender: Male
Race: Human

Job: Warrior

Level 15

HP:1674/1674
MP:51/51
STR:35
VIT:40
DEX:15
AGI:15
INT:10
WIS:10
LUC:15

The status of the bald man appeared in front of me, but since it still doesn’t reveal the information I want. I try to focus more on the information I want to get while using Libra.

Title

Fake Brave Knight

What appeared in front of me is the title this bald man whose name is Glorg has. When I see that title, I quickly focus on that title to get more information from it.

Fake Brave Knight

This title given to adventurer Glorg for living his life while pretending to be the S-rank adventurer Brave Knight for more than 15 years. Glorg’s debut as the fake Brave Knight began when he accidentally find a prototype of fake adventurer plate created by the dark guild. When Glorg happened to realize how easy people in the guild can easily be tricked by this plate, he began his life as an imposter of the Brave Knight and use it to his advantage. 

  ‘So, it really is what I thought after all’

In the end, just like what I predicted, that Glorg is actually nothing more but an imposter. Since when I created Libra I make it so that Libra can get any kind of information, I quickly tried to confirm just to make sure whether it is actually possible to easily prove that he is an impostor just by having the guild checks his status by using that crystal ball which shows one’s status. And surely enough, Libra just give me the confirmation I want and need.

‘Alright, with this, everything should be good now. Here I go.’

Then, I step forward and push my way through the crowd to save Marina-san and stop this stupidity

8