Volume 1 Introduction: Hero Wanted
9.3k 19 162
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Summoning Gone Wrong

A Father’s Wrath

Volume 1

Introduction: Hero Wanted

They wanted pure. Someone who wouldn't turn their back on those in need. Who always respects elders and never questions authority.

You know, a chump.

Age should be early to mid teens. Old enough to swing a sword. Young enough to be naive. Inexperienced. A virgin if possible. Easily manipulated. Easily controlled.

At least until they aren't needed anymore.

It's a typical fantasy setup. The “good” guys are in trouble. “Evil” is closing in. The world needs more than an “Adventurer.” More than a “Champion.”

They need a “Hero.”

Now I've seen “isekai” anime, so I know the deal. Sort of. Use magic mumbo jumbo to snatch some kid off the street. Give him a couple of cheat powers. BAM! Instant save-the-day hero. Love interests or authority figures point him at the bad guys. Sit back and enjoy the show.

But?

It's a lie.

It's all bullshit. These “good” guys don't want heroes. That's just propaganda and branding. So what do they really want?

Child soldiers.

They are kidnappers hiding behind good versus evil cover stories. Pedophiles pretending to be noble and just.

Leaving broken tormented families in their wake.

Parents not knowing where their child is. Haunted. Wondering if there was anything they could have done. Siblings blaming themselves. Cursed. Believing it's somehow their fault.

This time though? The douchebags fucked up. Reaching for my son? They grabbed me.

Time to make them pay for every childhood stolen. For every family left in ruins.

They tried to take my son.

So they will know a father's wrath.

Apologies for the mess.  Amateur writer here and I've been experimenting.  Going to try some different paths with the RR version but will be at least re-re-editing the SH version too.  Trying to make the chapters "flow" better.  Plus add more bits and bobs.  Etc...  This will lead to some strangeness between chapters.  Like dialog in italics in one chapter but not in another.  Work in progress and all that.  But thank you for reading.

162