Spells/Uses of Mana – Story: Eye in the Sky.
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Elements: 

Base: Fire Mana, Water Mana, Earth Mana, Air Mana, Light(Holy) Mana, Dark(Demonic) Mana, Corrupted Mana, Decaying Mana, Pure(Untainted) Mama.

Mixture: The base Elements can be mixed to produce new ones. For example: Water+Earth=Wood(Plant/healing) Mana, Light+Dark= Neutralizing Mana.

The uses of Mana differs depending on who is the one using it.

  • Non-intelligent organisms: Like how a Monkey wouldn't use a hammer to build a house, an organism that isn't smart enough wouldn't be able to use the full capability of Mana. For them, Mana is similar to nutrients, an essential part of their diet that they need to grow. Some might need it for something simple like using it to strengthen their bones to support their new size. Or it can be something complex like how a phoenix uses Mana to revive itself as part of its natural life cycle.

  • Intelligent organisms: Creatures with higher intelligence like humans can use Mana in more complex ways. Common uses of Mana for humans and some intelligent monsters are using it to cast spells.

  • Other uses: Mana has many other uses, it can be used as a fuel source for some machinery. Certain plants that can store Mana can be used to make medicine. Mana can even be used to tell how healthy someone is, as a healthy person's Mana would be denser than one who is currently close to death.

Spells: Spells is condensed Mana shaped into a structure that causes reality-bending effects. Each spell requires a specific type of Mana and structure. If these two requirements aren't met, the spell might have unintended effects. However, that doesn't mean spells are a rigid thing, closer you were to the requirements, closer to the attended effect you would get.

For example, if you were close reaching the requirements to cast a healing spell, it will still heal, but not as much as it would have if you got the requirements perfectly. If you are too far off, the heal spell might cause great pain instead. 

A clear mental image of what you want the spell to do also helps but isn't required. It can help make the attended effect more likely to happen, which means you would get more room for error. A strong mental image and meeting the requirements perfectly will result in a big boost to the attended effect. However a strong mental image isn't needed, a person can still cast a spell without even knowing what it does and still have the spell work properly.

The spell's structure has more room for error than the Mana Requirement. If the spell structure isn't perfect the spell is very likely to still cast properly, but you can't cast a fire spell using Water Mana.

Notes:

  • All Spell structures shown below are 2d representations, they are 3d structures with multiple layers. 
  • The Mana requirement shown below is a rough estimate of the ratios needed, they are not 100%  accurate.  
  • The Mana structures aren't static, they do move and spin but I'm not skilled enough to animate them.
  • Spells can have the same Mana requirement, however, all spells have unique spell structures.

Spell examples:

  • Basic regeneration spell:
    • Effect: When cast, the target's natural healing ability will be boosted. Can be used to reattached severed limbs if the injury is still fresh. More Mana that is used, bigger the healing boost will be.
    • Mana Requirement: 30% Earth + 70% Water = Wood (Plant/Healing) Mana
    • Structure: 

  • Sink Hole:
    • Effect: Causes the ground in the targeted area to soften as the dirt turns into mud. Creatures who enter the area will sink, causing then to become stuck. When the spell is cancelled the affected ground would slowly harden to what it was before. Constant Mana is required to keep the spell effect going.
    • Mana Requirement: Can only work on dirt or loose stone. Can't make turn dirt less thick than dirt, meaning it can't turn dirt into the same constancy as something like water/ 
    • Mana Requirement: 10% Fire + 30% Water + 60% Earth = Denser Earth Mana
    • Structure:


  • Fireball
    • Effect: Mana condenses and starts to burn until a ball of fire is created, more Mana is used the bigger the fireball will be. Can be launched to attach foes. When it hits an object it will explode, spreading fire around the area of impact. A basic attack spell that can do more harm then good if not used properly.
    • Mana Requirement:  20% Pure + 80% Fire = Refined Fire Mana
    • Structure:

  • Dead Zone
    • Effect: As long as the spell is in effect, all non Light or Dark Mana becomes stagnant. Making spells that require the use of non Light or Dark Mana more difficult to use/keep active.  
    • Mana Requirement: 50% Light + 50% Dark = Neutralizing Mana.
    • Structure:

  • Create Monster
    • Effect: Causes the targeted creature to start growing a Core. This requires the user to keep the spell active until the Core fully develops. Running out of Mana or having the spell interrupted will cause the Core to start to decay, the spell can be used again before the Core fully decays to start the core's development again. This spell has roughly a 50% fatality rate if the Core doesn't fully develop. This spell is illegal to be used on humans as it would turn the person into a monster, which has a high chance of said person losing their rationality and go insane or feral.
    • Mana Requirement: 20% Pure + 80% Corrupted = Incased Pure Mana
    • Structure: (Any information isn't purely academic has been banned)

  • (Data Removed)
    • Effect: (Data Removed)
    • Mana Requirement: Corrupted **% + Decaying**% = (Data Removed) Mana
    • (Data Removed)
1