Snake infestation
348 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Draco and Harry managed nearly another hour together and 2 more glasses of Firewhiskey before Harry stuck his foot in his mouth.

“So what was the final sentence for your Father?”

Draco's jaw tensed, "Well," he said tightly, "that's my exit cue." He set his drink down and stood to leave.

"No!" Harry rushed to stand up and had to grip the high back of the chair as the patio stopped spinning. "I didn't mean anything by that. I'm just curious to know."

"I would rather talk about 6th year than even graze the topic of my Father with you," Draco snapped.

"You know what Malfoy," Harry said, pointing a finger at him, "you could at least-"

Draco shoved the finger away, "Don't even finish that sentence, Potter. I already know how your self-righteous high-morale-ground speech is going to play out and I don't need to hear it."

They stood there facing each other, hands twitching at their sides, and breathing heavy. Draco broke eye contact with a rough exhale and ran his fingers through his hair.

"This is not why I came," Draco said, seeming far too calm for someone who had been yelling so recently.

Harry scowled, "No, none of this is why you came," he said bitterly, and motioned to the glasses and the patio roof. "You just came to get your wand back."

When Draco looked back up, Harry thought he might actually take a punch to the face. Draco was furious.

"You're such a dick, Potter."

After Draco apparated straight from the patio, Harry decided to keep drinking. He laid out on the chair, watching the stars above, and thought of Sirius until sleep finally took mercy on him.

**** *** ****

The next morning Harry woke up a bit sore from not sleeping in bed but pleased to find that Kreacher had cleared the glasses. He grabbed his wand from the table and shot a "finite incantatem" at the patio roof. Once in his room, he peeled off his clothes, tossed them in the laundry basket, and went to take a shower.

As hot water sprayed down his body he thought about the previous night. He didn’t understand why Malfoy had to be such a prat about every little thing. Harry was only being curious. Though, Dumbledore had told in fourth year to exercise more caution around curiosity. He also reasoned that he probably could have asked just about anyone regarding the outcome of Lucius' trial.

Harry thought about Ginny as well. He was going to have to talk to her before Sunday dinner at the Burrow. The last thing he needed was a pack of Weasleys bombarding him with questions about Draco.

Ginny's words came back to him, "You've always been a bit funny about him."

Ron had said something like that to him once, accused him of being obsessed. Accused him of stalking.

But it wasn't like that. He didn't think of Malfoy in a sexual way. He'd been obsessed, and was stalking with damn good cause! And he'd been right about the whole thing anyway.

Sometimes it's sexual. His traitorous mind provided.

OK. Fine. It's not like he'd never thought about it. But it was always, what was that word Hermione loved? Dysfunctional. It was always a dysfunctional fantasy where he would shut Draco up with his cock, or shove him against the wall after a duel and leave bruises on his neck with his teeth, or cum on his face, or his chest, or his ass, or anywhere really. But especially inside him.

Fuck. I'm just going to stop thinking, wank, and get on about my day.

Harry, triumphantly, did not think, specifically, of Draco when he got off. He finished showering quickly after that, dried off, dressed in boxers, a t-shirt, and denims, and went to the kitchen to start breakfast. He put on the wireless and listened to a morning show that told mystery stories and let callers guess who the murder was. Halfway through cooking, there was a knock at his front door.

When Harry opened the door Pansy Parkinson was standing on the other side of it with her arms folded and an angry pout on her face. Standing next to her was a putout Draco Malfoy. Harry looked them both over carefully and said, "No," and shut the door.

At least, he tried to shut the door, but Pansy stuck out her hand and pushed it back open. "Don't even think about it, Chosen One," she said and stormed into the house.

"What the fuck?" Harry said, watching her move past him, "How is this my life?"

"You know Potter," Draco replied casually, "I've often wondered about that as well." He walked past Harry to follow Pansy into the house.

They stood in the entryway not making eye contact. “What are you doing here Parkinson?” Harry asked warily.

“I’m here for a couple of reasons Potter,” she replied, looking around the hallway with her nose crinkled. “Do you have somewhere else we can talk?”

“No, actually, I’m very busy right now brewing a potion to repel snakes. I seem to be getting an infestation and it’s really important that I take care of it,” Harry replied, meeting her eyes.

Pansy huffed a laugh, “You’re not cute Potter.” She sniffed, “I’m pretty sure what you’re actually doing is burning your fryup.”

Harry cursed under his breath and led the two of them to the kitchen to try and salvage his breakfast. He heard his two guests -intruders- sit down at the kitchen table while he got his plate together. Turning around he sat the plate on the table and sat down across from them. “Why are you here?”

“Oh Merlin, your brooding is as bad as his,” Pansy said, motioning to Draco.

Harry and Draco both scowled at her and then, reluctantly made eye contact.

Harry sighed. “Look, I shouldn’t have asked you about your… about the trials,” he said, like a mature adult. Then he added, “I still don’t have your wand,” because he couldn’t help but push a little.

Draco glared at him, turned to Pansy, and said, “See? This is exactly what I’m talking about.”

“Oh, I do,” Pansy said, rolling her eyes. “You’re both ridiculous.” She moved to pull over the pile of letters that was still on the table.

Harry jumped up and grabbed them away from her. “No,” he said, putting them on the counter behind him, next to the stove. Turning back to her, he asked, “How am I ridiculous?”

Pansy actually laughed at that, and Harry could see Draco trying to bite back a smile. “You’re Harry Potter, the Savior, the Chosen one, the boy-”

Harry groaned and banged his head on the kitchen table, interrupting her. “Why are you here?!”

Pansy cleared her throat and Harry looked up, but Pansy was looking at Draco. “Come on Draco, you wanted to do this,” she said.

Draco sneered at her, “I didn’t actually. I wanted to yesterday. Today was all your idea and you practically dragged me here.”

“Oh please!” Pansy shrieked, “I didn’t even know how to get to this awful place!” She took this moment to smack Draco’s robe covered bicep. “Stop stalling, I don’t have all day.”

Draco sighed, rubbing his arm and looked at Harry. After a beat, Draco said, “Potter, I came by yesterday because I wanted to say thank you for what you did at the trials.” His voice was quiet but steady, “Not only for me but for my Mother.”

Oh, I am a dick. Harry thought.

“I- er…” Harry broke eye contact and looked at his now cold food.

“You’re right,” Pansy said to Draco, “It is hard not to make fun of him.”

Draco lifted an eyebrow and replied, “I thought you said you hadn’t noticed.”

“He’s not like this at Hogwarts, maybe it’s being around you?”

“Both of you shut up.” Harry broke in, scowling at their twin smirks. “As for the trials, I only did what was right, you both saved my life.” Draco stopped smirking and his steel eyes softened ever so slightly.

“Great!” Pansy shouted, “Now onto more important business. Go get dressed, so we can go collect Draco’s wand.”

“What?” Harry said, “No! I have things I’m doing today. You can’t just-”

“Save it for someone else Potter,” Pansy interrupted. “I promise we will be back in time for you to go out tonight. I know you don’t have a life so don’t try to get out of it.”

Harry stayed quiet, fixing Pansy with narrowed eyes. Maybe if he focused enough she would disappear, after all, Harry had made Aunt Marge balloon up and float away.

Pansy searched his face for a moment and added, “Would you like me to appeal to your savior complex?” She batted her eyes and put her palms together as if praying, “Oh please Saint Potter, won’t you help us with our task?”

Draco started to laugh and even Harry had to choke down a chuckle. “Fine,” Harry said. “Just don’t ever do that again.”

“Deal. Now go change so we can leave.”

“Why would I change?” Harry asked, looking down at his Weird Sisters t-shirt and denims.

“Well Potter,” Draco drawled, “we were kind of hoping you wanted to play the part of a wizard today, instead of…” he paused and then said, “You did mention that we would have to go to Gringotts didn’t you?”

Harry looked over Draco’s robes, they were light grey with black embroidered trim and cut in a modern fashion to accentuate the broadness of his shoulders. The collar was mid-length, leaving Draco’s neck exposed above his adam’s apple, and Harry could see-

“Potter!” Pansy barked, startling Harry.

His eyes snapped to meet hers, she looked horrified and astonished, and her face was having trouble deciding how to express that.

“What?” Harry said, defensively.

She turned and started to push at Draco, “Come on, let’s just go. If we head to the door I’m pretty sure he will follow us.”

Harry grabbed 2 pieces of bacon from his abandoned breakfast and did, indeed, follow them out the door.

8