Ch 03. Bad results
38 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 

After I met up with Lisa we went to the church because at the church was the magic compatibility test each year the government would send out lower level sorcerers to check if there were new talents.

 

This would be done everywhere in the kingdom to recruit new promising sorcerer this was also to know how many high-level sorcerers there is the kingdom so they could keep track in dangerous times of war. 

 

This, of course, would also include Byzar, Byzar is a harbor city that's directly connected to the sea and is easy to defend it was also close to the capital, and thus was it the second most important city in the country. 

 

While I was drifting away in my thoughts I got tapped on the shoulder by Lisa. She asked [Hey Kevin what do u wanna be an elemental sorcerer or a spirit sorcerer ?]

 

I don't know I think id rather be a high-level elemental sorcerer so I can choose which of the two I want to be even if I have to train harder to become a spirit sorcerer.

 

[Well u will have to train hard cus according to the last test we had ur not so much of cool-headed type she giggled]

 

I looked at Lisa she had long brown hair and green eyes and a wide grin on her face. And while I was once again drifting away in my thoughts she shouted [Come on slowpoke the last one inside is a rotten egg.] 

 

While I was running towards the gate of the church I saw a lot of other kids also walking towards the gate. I saw David neighborhood bully boasting to his little group over how high his mana would be and that he would at least become a mid-lever spirit sorcerer. 

 

I saw a group of girls nervously talking about how they didn't want to have low mana and hoped that they would at least be low-level sorcerers.          and a few parents standing at the gates looking nervous as their kids went inside even the mayor was standing there with a proud look but with a slight hint of nervousness.  

 

When I arrived at the gate I stood behind Lisa who was making me out for a rotten egg we checked in at the register and went inside the there was a little table with a young man sitting. Around the age of 19, we once again got in line and waited for our turn.

 

When it was Lisa's turn the young man touched Lisa's hand which slightly annoyed me. She then had to touch a See through orb that was emitting a faint glow she would have to redirect her mana flow to her hand to make it shine brighter. The brighter it would shine the higher the amount of mana she possessed was this test was also to see if she could redirect her mana well enough.

 

If one had a large amount of mana but couldn't control the flow it could run loose and then it could damage the mana flow which could hurt the sorcerer who was performing the spell. But could also let the spell misfunction which was dangerous for the sorcerer and bystanders who were close especially on large scale spells.

 

As she touched the orb the light stopped growing and the low-level sorcerer nodded he then asked her to perform either a fireball or a fire arrow spell. 

 

Lisa nodded and chanted a short chant and then a fireball appeared and started floating on top of her palm. Then she finished the chant and the fireball shot off towards the target. She missed but that wouldn't matter once again the low-level magician nodded and handed her a paper which she would have to let her parents see. 

 

Then it was my turn he first touched my hand and then he flinched {huh} and took away his hand and looked at me for a second then he resumed. I touched the orb with my hand it began to glow and the faint light became a bit bigger then it stopped and became slightly pinkish.

 

I took away my hand and he looked at surprise and sighed {pheww.. that could've been bad} he then wrote something on a paper and then gave me it paper which I would have to show my parents. 

 

While I walked out of the gate he was still staring at me and then stopped and went back to his work. I met up with Lisa who was waiting outside of the gate and we walked back home. 

 

I waved goodbye to Lisa as I saw her dad welcoming her back he was a carpenter which wasn't such a rare job here in Byzar. Because Byzar is the largest harbor city of the empire product would always be bought in bulk so lots of workshops vested here to make it easier to sell their product.

 

This also included my Dad he is a blacksmith which he learned from my grandpa which then again he learned from his dad so fort. Our family history is full of blacksmiths it goes as far back as when the devils showed up.

 

Devils a race full of cruelty made by death himself those damn creatures that ruined the lives of millions I couldn't stand them why would u do this can't we live in peace. While I was complaining I also thought about what kind of job my dad would've had if devils never came into existence.

 

That's because we are in constant war with the devils and thus armor and swords are always needed the same is for arrows. Even if the quality is low it will be bought for lower rank soldiers so they have something that can protect them. 

 

But then again there's always a shortcoming while the Devils have united us humans and other races are not and fights between each other still happen every 10 years or so. 

 

When I arrived home i saw my Mom doing the laundry so I left the paper on the table and went directly into the workshop to help Dad. My Dad and Mom are childhood sweethearts my Dad is only slightly older than my Mom and I am their only child. 

 

While I started working on a normal iron sword I saw my dad working on an iron chest plate. Because blacksmithing is a long tradition in our family and we grow up with it most of the descendants will become good blacksmiths. Of course, sometimes there are some that have a high amount of mana and become sorcerers most of them keep it at blacksmithing.

 

I want to be a sorcerer which my dad and mom were okay with my Dad was a bit sad to see the lineage and but he didn't stop my dreams of becoming one. 

 

When I finished my sword i put it away and went inside where I saw my mom reading the paper she then looked at me with teary eyes. Then my dad walked passed me and read the paper he then to looked at me and sighed.

 

He walked over and told me that my magic power was too pure and could harm spirits and elementals and thus I wouldn't be able to use magic. And asked us to forbid u from using it so u wouldn't harm spirits ore elementals. 

 

My eyes dropped and I ran upstairs my mom tried to call me but my dad stopped I dropped on my bed and started snickering till I fell asleep. 

 

When I woke up the next morning I had already set out what to do I would become a fantastic blacksmith one who could not be ignored. I put my clothes on ate breakfast and went into the workshop to get to work.

0