Chapter 128: Moving
800 7 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 132 is available for Patreons

If you enjoy this novel or have a suggestion, please leave a comment or message me to let me know! Thanks!

Join me on Discord

Thankfully, the ride back home was uneventful, so Chinatsu and I simply enjoy cuddling with Ryu on the ride home. It takes several hours, but we finally arrive and take everything up to our rooms.

After we eat dinner, I text Ryu to come get us. Suffice it to say that we were insatiable this evening. Even he had to admit defeat and begged us to let him rest. We gave him a kiss and allowed it, but Chinatsu and I carried on until we had to leave.

[Moday, Aug 26th]

After our normal morning routine of showering, we soak in the tub while I think about Miyuki.

Miyuki has become a lot more self-sufficient in that she generally can coordinate her outfits quite well and she does her own makeup. Although, when it comes to having to dress classier she still is hesitant about choosing something, so I generally end up having to do it so we aren’t late. Regardless, if she’s given a bit more time and encouragement, I’m sure she will get there eventually when she feels more confident about it.

Another thing I was really glad to see is that she bounced right back after the whole ‘Hiro wanting her to come home’ fiasco. I was more than a little worried that she would crawl back into her shell and we’d have to dig her back out again. I can’t really blame her for the way she reacted, since I might have reacted the same way too in the same situation. I know if it was Sora-nii, Chinatsu would have had to dig him back out of whatever little world he crawled into.

Whatever, Miyuki’s here, she’s safe, she’s happy, she’s not going anywhere and that’s what matters at the moment. Time will tell how all of this will work out, but I have high hopes for her to recover and lead a normal life, have a job she loves, get married and have children.

I know that is what Chinatsu and I want. Well, I do want a little more than that, but those are the basics for me. If I have Chinatsu as my wife and Ryu as my husband, then I’m pretty sure I’ll be a very happy girl no matter what since my life revolves around the two of them.

Although, now that I think about it, Miyuki and Hiroki have become rather close. I’ve never asked her, but I believe she loves him and I’m fairly sure that he loves her or at the very least, really cares about her a lot. Either way, I believe they will work out.

Breaking myself out of my idle musings, I think, ‘We need to get moving since we have our appointments with Airi this morning.’

Getting out, we dry off, dress, style our hair and head into the kitchen to make breakfast for everyone. After we eat and clean up, we head upstairs to finish getting ready.

I won’t say much about our appointments with Airi, but Airi did increase the dosage of Miyuki’s meds. Afterward, we head to a pharmacy to pick up her new prescription.

Back at home, we change clothes so that Honoka can train us. Ryu comes over and he watches as Honoka works with Miyuki and me. Twenty minutes into it, she stops me and calls Ryu over.

Looking at him, she asks, “Ryu, would you mind sparing with Sora? She has all the moves down, she simply needs more practice. Miyuki needs more of my attention right now.”

He shrugs and while he doesn’t look too sure about it, he replies, “Sure.”

“Thanks.” She pauses and gives him a serious look. “Don’t go easy on her just because she’s your fiancée either. You have to know how boys look at her, and she has to be able to fend them off, so this needs to become second nature for her.”

He sighs, but he nods with a distressed expression, so I tell him, “Honey, don’t worry so much. I’m actually pretty good at this. I held my own in Okinawa, didn’t I?”

“You did, but I don’t want to hurt you.”

Grinning sardonically, I reply, “You can’t, remember? Anything that happens to me will heal quickly. Like I said, don’t worry so much, alright?”

No sooner does he nod than I grin as I throw a roundhouse kick to his head, which he blocks. It becomes faster and faster as we each try to break through the other's defenses. I will say this: he’s so much stronger than me and there’s no way I can take his blows head on because his strength makes it hard to block, so instead I avoid or defect his blows. This goes on for a good 10 to 15 minutes until he manages to break my stance and a quick follow up with a blow to my head that drops me to my knees, which leaves me with my ears ringing and slightly dizzy.

He immediately kneels down, takes my face between his hands to make me look at him and worriedly says, “Sweetheart, I’m so sorry. Are you alright?”

Giving him a wry smile, I assure him, “Sure, I will, just give me a moment.”

Once the dizziness passes, I offer my hand and he helps me up. Looking over at Honoka, I see her grinning and she slowly claps her hands.

“Very good Sora. Much better than I expected. You need more experience, but you did very well. Had this been someone trying to attack you when you were alone, you would have definitely held them off long enough for help to arrive. That doesn’t mean you are finished though. There were quite a few places where you hesitated and you can’t do that. I was glad to see that you didn’t try to take his strikes head on as well.”

Barking out a wry laugh, I reply, “As if I could, Nee-chan. If I tried to do that, this would have ended very, very quickly.”

She nods. “That it would have, and that is one reason that I wanted Ryu to spar with you since you will hardly ever be on equal footing with an opponent.” She pauses and looks at Ryu. “I’d like you to come over and spar with Sora on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.”

He looks at me and I nod. “Okay, I can do that, but I don’t like trying to hit her.”

Honoka sighs. “Ryu, of course you don't and I don’t like it either, but would you rather that she be defenseless? To take the chance that they would do something to her or kidnap her?”

He begins to reply, “No, but…” when I interrupt him.

“Honey, she’s right. I need to learn how to deal with someone that is much bigger and stronger than I am. If I can hold you off, I should be able to hold off most people until help can arrive.”

Honoka nods emphatically. “Exactly! There have already been two kidnapping attempts on her.” She pauses again and looks at him with a serious expression. “Ryu, this is what is best for Sora. You have to know that we, I mean all of her security and family, can’t be by her side 24/7. As much as I wish we could, there will be times when she is by herself and that makes her vulnerable.”

He waves his hands at her in submission. “Okay, okay. You two win. I don’t want anything to happen to her either.”

Smiling, I stand on my tiptoes and give him a soft kiss, then murmur, “Thank you. I’d much rather have a few bumps or bruises from you than deal with what could happen if I didn’t get them.”

He hugs me and murmurs back, “I love you, but I swear you are going to give me grey hair before I am 30.”

I giggle and shrug within his arms. “Grey hair, no hair, whatever, I’ll still love you. Come on, let’s head in and clean up so we can eat. I’m starving.”

Mama and Sofi fix dinner as Honoka, Miyuki and I go clean up. We come out to hear that Maki and Ryu will be eating dinner with us. After we eat and clean up, Dad calls everyone into the living room.

Once we all take a seat, he clears his throat and begins, “As you’ve already been told, the houses were almost done. I got a call today that they’re finished so we will be moving in on Wednesday.”

I interrupt him. “Umm, Dad, it isn’t as if you don’t already know this, but Miyuki and I have appointments with Airi that day.”

He nods, acknowledging my point. “Don’t worry about that. I’ve hired a moving company to take care of everything. Just be sure to pack anything you don’t want them to touch and make sure you do all of your jewelry on your own, girls. I don’t believe they would steal since they are a very reputable company, but the temptation to do so when they're looking at your jewelry that is worth several tens of millions of yen might be too much for some.”

We reply with some version of, “Okay, Dad.”

“Alright, that’s all I had to say.”

Getting up, we head upstairs to pack the few things that we don’t want them touching.

As always, a huge thank you to all of my Patreons, especially:

AcPz, Andrew Meyers, Blaze8901, Christiine Govinden-Loh, ClamyCupcakes, CoffeeCat, eeleater, GAbO1254, George, Glader, Issue Master, Jessica Clark, Johnie Kirk, Jordon Gotthold, kirindas, Kuroko, Lord Lucifer, Lunas, Matthew Tiffany, Mika Wayne Rogall, Miles, MisoTsu, Necrotyr, Nikolas Zane, Patrick Frake, Rene Gropp, Spencer Huston, Steven Yao, Terry Carter, TiwN222, William Dawson

18