Chapter 133: And So It Begins…
781 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 135 is available for Patreons

If you enjoy this novel or have a suggestion, please leave a comment or message me to let me know! Thanks!

Join me on Discord

[Monday, September 2nd]

[Chinatsu’s POV]

The alarm wakes us up at 5:30 this morning because today is the start of the new school term. We bathe, dry and style our hair. Dress in our uniforms and our white thigh socks, put on our watches, earrings and engagement rings. Of course, no makeup since it’s against school rules.

We stop to check ourselves in the mirror, then Sora texts Ryu to come over to eat with us and then make our way down to the kitchen to start breakfast for everyone. Sofi, Honoka and Miyuki join us a few moments later and we decide on something simple this morning. Scrambled eggs with cheese, link sausage and toast. While Sofi and I set the table, Ryu arrives. Sora pauses what she is cooking long enough to kiss Ryu and tell him, “Good morning.” Then he comes over to me and get my “Good morning,” and a kiss as well.

After we eat and clean up, we head out to the SUV to go to school. We arrive at school a few minutes later and we each take one of Ryu’s hands as we make our way over to the board to see where we’ll be. It’s hard not to notice and overhear the looks and comments that are directed at us, but it isn’t like I care what they think about us holding hands with our fiancé.

When we finally make our way through the crowd so we can read the board, we search for our names. Honoka is in a different class. I find Miyuki’s name and see she is in class 2B, which is odd because I know Dad talked to the principal about the four of us being in the same class. Chinatsu, Ryu and I are in class 2A. Unfortunately, so are Hiroaki Abe, his six henchmen, Hisako Tachibana, and Kimiko Yamasakil.

Now, I don’t much care for any of them, but Kimiko and Hisako, well, I leave them alone and they leave me alone. Let’s hope that the ceasefire holds and they leave us alone. I’d much prefer a quiet school life for all of us, especially for Sora since she has enough things on her plate to deal with already.

Miyuki steps up beside Sora and says, “I don’t want to be in a different class. Several of the people that bullied me are in that class.”

Sora pats her shoulder reassuringly and tells her, “Relax, Mii. I’ll talk to the principal about transferring you into our class after the opening ceremony.”

Mii replies, “Okay,” while smiling happily. I hope it’s as Sora seems to think it will be. Mr. Fujita might be a nice man, but he has a rep for being obstinate.

We head inside and search for our shoe boxes to change into our indoor shoes. Once we find them, we change and head to class. Inside, we look at the board for the seating assignments and take our seats. It’s hard not to hear the loud whispers about how pretty Sofi and Sora are. I sigh when I see Sora wince at some of the lewder comments from the boys. I really hope this settles down soon. Especially since Kimiko and Hisako are glaring in their direction, which doesn’t bode well. A moment later the chime sounds and the teacher walks in. Everyone is called to stand, we bow, or, in our case, curtsy and we take our seats again.

“Good morning. I’m your homeroom and English instructor, Mr. Tanaka. How about we start off with everyone introducing themselves since we have some new faces here.”

Everyone introduces themselves and he then tells us that after the entrance ceremony we are to come back here and then asks us to line up in the hall to go to the entrance ceremony.

During the entrance ceremony Mr. Fujita introduces all of the teachers and then launches into a rather long winded speech. Once it’s over with, we head back to class. Several of the girls begin talking to me and Sora asking us about our rings. I explain to a couple of them that Sora and I are engaged, which surprises them. Of course, they ask which two boys we are engaged to and I tell them that the two of us are engaged to Ryu. As you can guess, that fact elicited several squeals of excitement and comments.

Back in our class, we take our seats again and a moment later Mr Tanaka comes in.

Kimiko looks over at Sora while smirking as she calls out, “Mr. Tanaka, isn’t jewelry other than stud earrings forbidden? Chinatsu and Sora are wearing rings.”

He looks at my hand and says, “She’s correct, you two need to take your rings off.”

Glancing at Kimiko, I give her a sweet smile, then look back to Mr. Tanaka. “I apologize, Mr. Tanaka, but we are allowed to wear these. According to section V, subsection 12.9c of the student handbook, it specifically states that wedding and engagement rings are allowed to be worn.”

He shakes his head and sighs, “You expect me to believe that you are engaged?”

Sora frowns and shrugs, then says, “You’re welcome to ask our parents to confirm it.”

Angrily, he retorts, “Young lady, don’t think I won’t call your bluff.”

Thankfully, Sora doesn’t get angry and she calmly states, “Sir, I can assure you this isn’t a bluff. We are engaged.” She pulls her phone out of her purse and offers it to him. “Would you like to use my phone to ask our mother or father?”

He jerks his thumb toward the door and growls out, “Hallway, now.”

Following his direction, Sora heads out into the hallway and he closes the door behind them. I lean over to Kimiko and murmur, “You are starting something you really shouldn’t and you aren’t going to like how it ends.”

She glares at me and replies, “Shut it. I’m not going to have some new girl come in and try to take over.”

I just knew this was going to happen. Those two have always been this way, even so, I tell her, “Kimiko, don’t you remember what happened the day you met them? Do you really want to start a fight? Especially over something that Sora and the rest of us couldn’t care less about.”

She clenches her teeth and grates out, “That was a fluke. Nothing more. We rule this school and no one is going to take it from us.”

All I can think is, ‘Wow! She’s dumber than I thought.’ Shrugging indifferently, I state, “Okay, when this turns around and bites you in the ass, remember that you started this when you could have been friends with us.”

Acidly, she asks, “What's that supposed to mean?”

I roll my eyes. “Just what I said. We don’t need people here like us and do our bidding. We have our men and we damn sure don’t need more. You have no idea who you are messing with. Sora is as sweet as they come and she’ll smile and walk away if you mess with her, but don’t even try messing with the people she loves because she’ll turn you inside out, assuming our sisters don’t get to you first.”

I sigh because I am very sure what the root cause of this is and that’s why I believe it’s only going to get worse. Ryu. Plain and simple, they want Ryu. They have been after him since day one of first year and he’s refused to go out with them every single time they’ve asked. Okay, I’ll give it one more shot to stop all of this…

“Kimiko, I know you two are jealous that Ryu is with us, but if he wanted you then he would have gone out with you long before now. Leave him alone or you'll regret it.”

She smirks. “Just you watch. I guarantee that I’ll have him eating out my hand in no time.”

Sighing, I lean back in my seat and close my eyes. Sofi leans forward, pats my shoulder and whispers, “I thought I’d seen dumb people before but she takes the cake. All anyone needs to do is see the way Ryu looks at you two to know they don’t have a snowball's chance in hell.”

I pat her hand and grin. It isn’t much longer before Sora and Mr Tanaka come back in and she takes her seat, glances at me and winks with a grin. Mr Tanaka then passes out our class schedule and talks about what is expected of us. When he releases everyone, he holds Sofi and Sora back to issue them their course books while Ryu and I head out into the hall to wait.

Once Sora and Sofi come out, we head toward administration so Sora can talk to the principal and we meet Honoka along the way. In the office, she asks to speak to the principal and we’re asked to take a seat. About 15 minutes later, he walks Sora out while chatting with her as they make their way over to the copy machine. He makes a copy of something and hands it to her, she thanks him and waves for us to stand up so we can leave.

I have to say that Mama and Dad were extremely happy when they saw her results. Later that evening she gets a call from Mirai. I don’t know what it was about since I didn’t ask, but the call made her happy.

[Tuesday, September 3rd]

[Sora’s POV]

Normal morning routine, for the three of us. We get up, Chinatsu and I bathe Ryu, which he absolutely loves and I’m sure you can imagine why. Then we wash each other and climb into the bathtub with him to soak for a bit.

Chinatsu tells us what happened when Mr Tanaka took me out into the hall yesterday and honestly, I’m not the least bit surprised by what she said. Ryu told us that the two of him have been chasing after him for a long time and even though he has told them numerous times that they are not his type, they simply won’t give up. I understand, trust me I do, but I know him rather well and I’m sure they are only after him because he is popular and handsome. Me? I love that huge heart of his. Of course, I’m not going to deny that I love how handsome and sexy he is, but those are simply icing on the cake for me.

Look, I realize that their interest in him is fully justified since men like him are few and far between, but that doesn’t mean that I’ll allow them to do whatever they want. They had their chance. Ryu is ours now, so they need to move on to their next victim.

Ryu basically ends the conversation when he says, “If I wanted to be with either of them, I would have been, but they aren’t and never will be my type.”

I immediately lean over and coquettishly ask, “Oh? Then do tell us who’s your type?”

He laughs and grins at me for a moment, then makes me melt when he pulls the two of us against and replies, “As if I need to say it, but it’s you two.”

I think it’s probably needless to say it, but we already knew that. Regardless, that netted him some rather deep, sensuous kisses from us. Unfortunately, today is a school day, so we have to get a move on or we’ll be late.

We dry off Ryu and then shoo him out of the bathroom so we can get ready. I know some of you are wondering why Ryu doesn’t help get us dressed and there’s a simple reason behind it. The folding, kissing and such that usually goes along with that leaves the two of us sopping wet and we aren’t about to go out in public smelling like that.

 ◇ ◆ ◇ ◆ ◇ ◆ ◇

Later that morning at school, we meet up with some of our friends and chat. Mayu and Chinatsu want me to join the swim team and while it does sound like fun, I am not sure I have the time or inclination to do it right now. Dad hiring the maids has helped reduce the amount of things on my plate, but I still have work and everything else. In the end, I tell them that I will give it some thought and we continue to catch up with everyone and also set up our weekly study sessions. The warning chime sounds and we head in.

We change shoes and then Miyuki heads to the teachers offices because Mr. Tanaka is going to introduce her to the class since she wasn’t here yesterday while we head to our classroom. Once we walk inside, I immediately notice the atmosphere is rather tense. It takes just a moment to see the gleeful expression of Kimiko and Hisako and I glance around trying to figure out what that’s about when I catch Hiroki Abe glaring at me like he wants to kill me. Involuntarily I take a step back and catch my breath while my heart pounds. It isn’t just him though, it’s all of his little cohorts as well that are. The rest of the class is acting nervous and seeming as if they don’t want to deal with whatever this is.

Chinatsu squeezing my hand and smiling at me breaks me out of my paralysis and I ask myself, ‘What am I afraid of? He has no idea who I am, so just ignore him and sit down.’

No sooner do I sit down than Hiroki, stands and comes over to my desk and hisses, “So you’re the bitch that got my brother fired!”

As always, a huge thank you to all of my Patreons.

17