Chapter 134: And Then…
632 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 139 is available for Patreons

If you enjoy this novel or have a suggestion, please leave a comment or message me to let me know! Thanks!

Join me on Discord

No sooner do I sit down than Hiroki stands, comes over to my desk to slap a hand on my desktop and hiss, “So, you’re the bitch that got my brother fired!”

I clamp down on my emotions and surreptitiously wave for Ryu and Sofi to sit back down. Looking up at him, I smile sweetly and say, “Umm… Sorry, but you have that completely wrong. You should be saying that your brother got himself fired, not me.”

He grabs my wrist and squeezes it hard, which is rather painful. Glancing at Ryu and Sofi as they stand again, I shake my head slightly.

“You bitch! Stop lying!”

Off to my left I hear Kimiko yell, “Don’t let her lie to you, Hiroki, teach that bitch a lesson!”

I drop my smile and stare at him balefully. “Number one: I’m not a bitch, and you will not talk to me that way. Number two: take your hand off me if you want to keep it, and number three: I never lie. Your brother flipped out and tried to attack me. If it hadn’t been for my older sister, he would have. He’s lucky my sister didn’t press charges or he would be in prison, which is where you seem to be aiming to go. Now, for the last time, remove your hand or I’ll do it for you.”

He tightens his grip, smirks, and begins to say, “What…”

I don’t even let him finish what he was going to say when I hit the nerve plexus in his wrist and then backhand him across the cheek eliciting a few gasps throughout the classroom. His expression was stunned as I stood up to look up in his eyes with a glare at him before keeping my tone as flat as I could despite how angry I am, “Don’t you ever lay your hands on me again or I promise you that I will make sure you can never have children. Do you understand me?”

I take a breath and slowly let it out. “Now, I’ll explain this in very simple terms so that even you can understand it. Your brother is the one who was extremely rude to me while on the job and the Lt. in charge called him on it and told him to apologize, which made him angry. Even more so when he knew he was going to get into trouble when they got back to HQ. As my sister and I were leaving, he tried to attack me, and my sister stopped him. Are we done here, or do you want to continue to make an ass of yourself?”

As I explain what really happened since I am sure his brother lied about the whole thing, his face gets progressively more flushed with anger. The fact that he is unable to get a word in seems to make it even worse.

He suddenly sneers at me and snaps, “Bitch, don’t you even think we are done with this! I’m going to beat your ass for what you did to my brother!”

Time seems to slow down as adrenaline dumps into my bloodstream when he draws his fist back to hit me. I hear several gasps, at least one girl cry out, “No way!” and a moment later Chinatsu cry out, “Ryu, stop him!”

Nice thought Chinatsu, but you guys are too far away to stop him. Look, I’m more than a little surprised too. I know he’s a bully, but I’d never heard of him going after a girl like this before.

Suffice it to say that I’m not about to let him hit me because Ryu would literally take him apart if he did and I don’t want Ryu getting into trouble, so I’ll simply have to deal with him myself. Ducking under his swing, I sweep his legs out from under him, which makes him hit his head on the floor, stunning him. I follow it up with an elbow to his family jewels and then to make sure he can’t come after me, an elbow strike to his temple.

Overkill? Maybe, but Honoka reiterated time and time again to never give them a chance when it comes to a fight or you’ll likely regret it. Fight to win or run away, period. Standing back up, I take a step away from him, then dust myself off and smooth my skirt. Several people in the classroom clap while I think, ‘I hope I didn’t show my panties to anyone.’

I almost laugh when I look around to see the look of complete shock from his cohorts while Kimiko seems to be in complete disbelief. I think, ‘Well, you get more flies with honey than vinegar.’ So, I paste a pleasant smile on my face, saunter over to one of their desks and say in a sugary sweet tone, “Hi. Kentaro, right?” He gulps and nods dumbly. “Pleased to meet you. I’m Sora. Would you mind doing me a small favor? When he comes around, tell him I said to stay away from me and my family or next time will be even worse since I won’t stop at knocking him out, got it?” His eyes look like he can’t quite believe I am real as he nods once more. I smile a little bigger and gently pat his cheek as I say, “Good boy,” which makes him blush all the way to the tips of his ears with his mouth hanging slightly open.

Turning around, I’m surprised to see Sofi and Ryu standing there. He pulls me against him and kisses the crown of my head while I melt against him. He murmurs in my ear, “Remember when I said to remind me to never make you mad at me?” I nod. “That goes double now.” I giggle and he raises his head to look over my shoulder and growls out menacingly, “Listen up, you saw Sora take him down in moments, so don’t believe for a second that she can’t do the same to you guys if she really needs to. I’ll tell all of you this, if you want to stay in one piece, you’ll stay away from my family, understood?”

I imagine that they nodded, but I didn’t bother to check since I was busy snuggling. “Good. Make sure you remember that.” He releases me and starts to turn around to leave, but pauses and looks back at them. “As a matter of fact, you ought to consider finding a new person to hang out with. All he’s likely to do is get you guys thrown in prison if you keep hanging around him… That said, a couple of you might want to take him to the nurses office.” He turns his head a bit to glare at Kimiko, “And don’t try to start anything with Sora or Chinatsu again, am I clear?”

She stammers out, “B-But, I-I didn’t do an-anything.”

He sighs and growls in frustration. “Kimiko, don’t even try to play the innocent little girl with me. I know you’ve gone after every single person that has tried to get close to me for the last year and a half. I can’t stand people like you, and your passive-aggressiveness is just plain sickening. Why do you think I would never go out with you? You play the sweet, kind girl anytime I am around and are a backstabbing, two-faced bitch when I am not.”

Her stricken expression is almost funny to me because she had to have picked up how he feels about her by now. Hell, he never made a secret of how disgusting he thought she was.

“B-but, Ryu, I love you so much more than they do! I’m a much better match for you than they could ever be!”

Several people in the classroom chuckle at her statement, but quickly stop when she glares at them.

I quirk an eyebrow at her as I ask, “Oh really? Would you take a bullet for him? Would you push him out of the way of a truck at the risk of your own life? We would without a moment's hesitation! No one, and I mean no one, means more to us than Ryu!”

I sigh. “You know, I tried ignoring you being snide to us when we first met. Heck, I even thought we might become friends, but you just can’t seem to get past the thought that we might take something away from you. Listen to me. We don’t care about being popular and we don’t want to be top dog or whatever you want to call it in school. Yes, me and my sisters are very pretty. We can’t help that and we can’t help that you are jealous because of it. So, get over it. Drop it. Whatever you have to do, but leave us alone. My sisters are better at martial arts and have far less compunction against using them than I do, so I will suggest you back off and leave us alone or you will regret it. Is that 100% clear to you?”

The more I talk to paler she becomes. Seeming at a loss for anything to say, she looks down and nods slightly.

Enough of the verbal beatdown. I think she gets where I am coming from now. Gently, I continue, “Kimiko?” She looks up at me. “I’d like for us to get along. I know asking to be friends would be too hard for you, but can we at least be friendly?”

Another audible gasp rings out from many in the classroom. Yes, I know I am driving her into a corner with this. Social pressure is a bitch and all that, but if it works it works. Better this than the alternatives.

I shrug and continue, “Who knows, we might eventually become friends if you give us a chance and you’ll find that I am a very good friend. It’s your choice though. All I am asking is for you to give it some thought.”

She nods again and I look up at Ryu as I hug him again, I murmur, “This is one heck of a way to start our second day of school.”

He laughs, hugs me a little tighter for a moment. “Babe, you know Hiroki is going to think of you as an enemy, right?”

Pulling away from him, I roll my eyes. “Honey, come on. You know that I already was in his eyes. Me knocking him out isn’t going to change that fact. He will be coming after me again since I doubt his ego will be able to take the damage it received today. He’s going to want to reclaim his ‘manhood,’ so he won’t let it go. We all know that. He’s simply too stupid to realize that he’s making more problems for himself, just like his brother.”

Sofi tells me, “Sora, you did very well, but you should have never let him touch you.”

I shrug. “If I did that, then I would have been the aggressor, so I had to let him grab my wrist. Once he did that, I was fully justified in defending myself.”

A couple of Hiroki’s ‘friends’ pick him up and carry him out the door. I hear them talking to Mr. Tanaka and then he comes in and says, in what might be in the running for the most exasperated tone ever, “Sora, come here please.” As I make my way to him, the chime sounds for the start of class. Following him out into the hall, he closes the door behind us and rubs his eyes for a bit with a sigh before turning to me and asks, “They told me that you knocked him out. Would you care to explain what happened?”

I don’t really want to be on bad terms with him, so I’m rather polite and deferential in the way I speak to him right now. “I apologize for the uproar. Umm, well the thing is that I had a run in with his brother a while back and he got fired for trying to attack me. Hiroki is of the opinion that it was my fault. He grabbed my wrist, called me something I don’t want to repeat and was hurting me. He then said he was going to beat me up for his brother getting fired. I told him to let me go or else, then he tightened his grip. So, I hit the nerve plexus in his wrist to make him let me go and slapped him. He took a swing at me and you saw the results.”

He lets out another heavy sigh and places his face in his hand, rubbing his eyes yet again, then mutters, “Second day and this is the crap I have to deal with.” Speaking louder, he continues, “Sora, you know you are going to have to see the counselor over this. I know you didn’t do anything wrong, but you know the policy. Any fighting, even in self-defense, and you have to see the counselor.”

I shrug because I expected to have to see them. I doubt anything will come of it anyway. Look at this way, on one hand you have a girl that is 153 centimeters and weighs 46 kilograms and on the other you have a boy that is 170 centimeters and weighs around 70 kilograms. Who do you believe would be the one to start it? Oh, and lest you forget, I hate violence, but I’m not going to let someone do whatever they want to me either. As I told Airi, I will never allow anyone to walk all over me again and I meant every word of it.

The bad part of this is that Dad is going to flip out when the counselor calls him about this incident. Oh, I seriously doubt that he’ll be mad at me, after all, he expects me to defend myself and he already knows that I’m never going to give in to bullies ever again. I learned my lesson about that a little too well already. Anyway, I can imagine the Abes’ will be getting a visit from our father over this and I seriously doubt they will enjoy it. I’m willing to bet nothing will change even after his visit.

He surprises me when he gently pats my shoulder and says, “Alright Sora, go talk to the counselor. Just so you know. I don’t think you did the wrong thing. Hiroki has been a problem since he came to TNA, so I wouldn’t worry if I were you.”

As always, a huge thank you to all of my Patreons.

17