Chapter 136: After (Part 2)
556 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 145 is available for Patreons

If you enjoy this novel or have a suggestion, please leave a comment or message me to let me know! Thanks!

Join me on Discord

Once we’ve bathed and dressed, I make breakfast for the three of us, we eat, clean up, collect our bags and then head downstairs to go to school.

As we are walking to the main entrance of the school, I notice how much attention we are drawing. If I thought I’d drawn attention before, it pales in comparison to today. As we walk to the entrance people stop and stare, as well as some also point and whisper. It’s not as if I don’t already know what it’s all about, but I wish the whole thing had never happened. Believe me, I’d much rather have a nice, quiet school life, although that seems to be highly unlikely at this point.

Regardless of the incident yesterday, there is also the tiny little fact that me and my sisters are all rather good looking and that alone is enough for us to draw a goodly amount of attention. I’m simply hoping that it doesn’t go how Ryu thinks it will and we end up with large fan clubs. Like I told him, as long as he is my fan, the rest of them don’t matter and I don’t need or want a bunch of boys trying to ask me out and I’m pretty sure my sisters feel the same way.

That’s not to say that I’m going to be rude or standoffish either. If someone wants to talk to me and if they are respectful and polite about it, then I’ll happily talk to them as well, even if it might make me a little anxious. Even if social anxiety used to be a fact of life for me, I’m not even sure that it will happen because I’m far from the same person I used to be. I know, you don’t have to say it. I’m being totally contradictory there. No one ever said this is or even that it ever will be easy. I’m much better than I was, yet, underneath my facade of confidence and placid exterior, I am still nervous and maybe even a tiny bit scared. I suppose you could say that I’m always waiting, or maybe expecting, for the other shoe to drop. There’s a darn good reason I still see Airi twice a week.

Chinatsu surprises me when she murmurs in my ear, “It’s alright. We’re right here with you.”

Turning to look at her, I smile and give her hand a light squeeze in thanks. Well, it is what it is, so let’s simply hope that today turns out much better than yesterday did.

Inside, we greet our friends and then are changing our shoes when someone gingerly touches my shoulder. Turning around, I see Kimiko standing there. Ryu grumbles under his breath, so I touch his arm to settle him down. Turning back to look at her, I smile pleasantly and say, “Good morning.”

Hesitantly, Kimiko returns my smile, says, “Good morning,” and stands there looking uneasy.

After a couple of moments, I prompt her, “Did you need me for something?”

She sighs, shakes her head and finally says, “Umm, look, Sora. This isn’t really easy for me and I know we got off to a bad start.” She groans and continues a moment later, “See, it's like this, it’s like totally my fault that it happened and I’m sorry about that, but, umm, did you really mean what you said in class yesterday?”

I’m fairly sure what something she is talking about, but, “I said several things yesterday, so which thing are you referring to?”

“Umm, about us being friends.”

When I reach out and touch her hand, she stiffens, but relaxes quickly. “Of course I meant it. I never say anything I don’t mean.”

Taking my hand, she asks with an earnest expression, “Then, can we try? Uh, I mean, can we try being friends?”

Smiling broadly, I think, ‘It’s much better than us being enemies. Especially when there’s no reason for us to be.’ “I think I’d like that, Kimiko.”

She smiles back just as big. “Since we’re friends, call me Kimi.”

“Then, Kimi it is… I’m sorry to cut this short, but I need to go to the office before class starts, so I’ll see you there.”

She nods and we make our way to the office. Handing over Miyuki’s and my appointment schedules with Airi to the assistant, we head off to class so we won’t be late.

Morning classes are as usual, although Kimi and Hisako spend the breaks with us. I have to admit that I’m not too sure about Hisako since she seemed to be there simply because Kimi was. They have lunch with us as well and while I try to engage Hisako in conversation, her curt answers pretty much tells me where she stands as far as Chinatsu and I are concerned. Personally, I believe she is still stuck on Ryu and has no intention of giving up even though it should be obvious to anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together that she hasn’t got a snowball's chance in hell of getting him. Well, let’s settle this right now and make it absolutely clear to her.

Leaning forward, I fold my arms in front of me on the table. “Hisako… I need you to hear this and you might finally understand, alright?” She nods and I look at Ryu. “Honey, if Chinatsu and I broke off our engagement with you, would you ever consider going out with Hisako or Kimi?”

He shakes his head and says, “No, never.”

“Would you please explain to them why not.”

He looks at them and says, “Look, it has nothing to do with how pretty you are because you two are very pretty. You… Well, honestly, you just aren’t my type. I’d be happy to be friends with you, but there would never be anything more than that between us, no matter what.”

Hisako murmurs, “That’s not fair. We’ve wanted to go out with you for almost 2 years and now these two show up and all of a sudden you’re engaged to them.”

Ryu shrugs and gently says. “That’s the way it happens sometimes.” He reaches over and lays a hand on top of mine and Chinatsu’s. “I fell in love with Sora at first sight. It took a little longer with Chinatsu, but I love them both and that isn’t going to change… Hisako, Kimi, listen, if you give them a chance, there are lots of boys that would be overjoyed to go out with you. Why don’t you give it a try and see. For that matter, if you want, I can try and set you up with a couple of really nice guys. I’m sorry if this hurts you, but I’m taken and I have been from the moment I laid eyes on Sora and Chinatsu.”

Kimi sits there listening to his speech and seems to come to a decision. “I’d appreciate it if you would. One condition though. You three have to go on the date with us.”

Ryu looks at us and we nod. “Sure, but it will be with Sofi, Honoka, and their boyfriends as well. Their father only allows group dates.”

Kimi looks at Hisako. “Are you in, or what?”

Hisako sighs. After a few moments, she brightens and says, “I suppose so. Chasing after someone who doesn’t want us makes no sense.” She looks at Ryu. “Try to get us dates with guys like you at least.”

He grins. “That’s really not all that hard. There are a lot of really good guys out there.”

I pull my phone out of my pocket and tell them, “Let’s exchange numbers. I’ll call you and let you know when he finds suitable boys. I’ll make sure of it, I promise.”

We exchange numbers and soon the warning chime rings. We head back to class and along the way Hisako asks me to call her “Ako” because that is what her friends call her.

After school, we’re heading home as we discuss who will be staying where tonight. More often than not, Ryu spends the night with us since we have total privacy on our floor as well as a full kitchen and he doesn’t. So, it wasn’t that hard for him to decide he’d rather spend the night at our place, not that I really blame him.

Their house is really nice, much better than my house I let them use, but it simply can’t compare to our place. The tub in his room is big enough for the three of us, barely, but it does while our’s will easily fit six. His bed is king-sized and more than comfortable enough for the three of us, but again, ours is a super king. I could go on, but you get the idea.

Anyway, we get home, say “Hello” to Mama, tell her about our day, and then head upstairs change out of uniforms. We relax and watch some TV after we complete our homework. A little after six, we get called down to dinner.

During dinner my phone rings and a reach down to pull it and see the call is from Mirai. Mama clears her throat and says, “No calls during dinner.”

I nod and reply, “Sorry, but it’s from Mirai, so it might be really important. She doesn’t normally call me unless it is.”

“She can wait half an hour while you eat. I seriously doubt TGR is going to disappear in that amount of time.”

I begin to say, “But…” and her expression makes me change my mind. “Okay.”

After dinner I call her back. She answers almost immediately. “Hi Sora. Thanks for calling me back.”

“What’s up?”

“I need you to come in tomorrow.”

“Mirai, I can’t. I have my appointment with Airi and also school. Is it really important?”

“Well, let’s say that I am ready to fire a couple of department heads due to all the fights about next year's budget.”

Incredulously, I state, “You're kidding me!”

She sighs tiredly. “I only wish I were. I’m at my wits end with these two.”

“Hang on a second.” I mute my phone and call out, “Dad?” He turns to look at me. “I need to go to TGR to deal with some budget issues. May I take off from school Friday?”

“Friday’s are tests, right?”

“They are, but I can easily make them up when I finish at TGR.”

He looks at Honoka. “And you as well?” She nods. “Alright then, I’ll call in for you two.”

“Thanks Daddy.” I unmute my phone. “Okay, I’ll be in on Friday and I can promise they aren’t going to like making me miss school over this stuff.”

As always, a huge thank you to all of my Patreons:

Jonathan Summerlott, a lee, Shar Scott, Jenny Sittinger, Icewing, Awcher, Miles, Blaze8901, Aster1254, Jordon Gotthold, William Dawson, Mika Wayne Rogall, CoffeeCat, Kuroko, AcPz, Necrotyr, Andrew Meyers, ClamyCupcakes, Rene Gropp, eeleater, Spencer Huston, Terry Carter, Johnie Kirk, Lord Lucifer, Steven Yao, ShadeByTheSea, kirindas, Jessica Clark, Christiine Govinden-Loh, TiwN222

17