Chapter 138: You’ve Got To Be Kidding Me
589 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 147 is available for Patreons

If you enjoy this novel or have a suggestion, please leave a comment or message me to let me know! Thanks!

Join me on Discord

[Friday, September 6th]

The alarm wakes me when it goes off at 5:00. Reaching over, I shut it off and glance at Ryu and Chinatsu, smiling at how cute they are, I lay back down with a small sigh as I think, ‘I really don’t want to deal with this crap and I’d much rather spend the day with my friends at school. Well, I know one way to at least make my morning go a little better.’

Rolling over on top of Ryu, I give him several soft kisses until he wakes up and then a long, deep kiss. Pulling back a little, I smile, hold my finger ro my lips in a shushing gesture, pull my nightgown over my head and drop it beside the bed. Then whisper, “Good morning. Can you take a wild guess at what I want?”

He chuckles softly and murmurs, “I have a pretty good idea.”

Sliding down, I slip off his boxers, then reach over to the nightstand, open it and remove a condom. Rolling it onto him, I slide back up into a cowgirl position. I’m already more than wet enough for him to take me right now just from thinking about him inside me, but he pulls me down to him for a long, sensuous kiss as he rolls and teases my nipples, sending me on an upward spiral of ever increasing stimulation. He pulls me further up to suckle and nibble on my nipples until I’m literally sopping wet and can’t take it anymore. Pulling away, I reach between my legs, grasp his member and let out a hot sigh as I take him inside me.

 ◇ ◆ ◇ ◆ ◇ ◆ ◇

Afterward, I lay on top of Ryu, cuddling, occasionally kissing and extraordinarily relaxed. Even if I’m probably going to be very unhappy in a couple of hours, right now I’m as happy and content as I’ve ever been. Listen, if I’ve learned nothing else in my short life, it’s to take the good things life has to offer as they come and never take them for granted. Life is hard enough as it stands, so there’s no need to make it harder.

Kissing his neck and nuzzling a little closer as he lightly draws random patterns along my back, I hazily murmur, “Don’t forget to find some boys to go out with Ako and Kimi. It’d be great if we could have a date night this weekend.”

He seems to understand that I need this time alone with him, so he quietly replies, “No need to worry, Sweetheart. I have a couple of people I’ve already talked to about them. They seemed to be interested and they told me that they would give me a yes or no today. Trust me, you’ll like them.”

“Of course I do.”

“Huh?”

“Of course I trust you, Honey. I trust you and Chinatsu more than anyone else. Otherwise, there’s no way I could have given you two the most precious thing I have.”

“What’s that?”

I raise up to look at him. “My heart, silly.” He pulls me down for a long, deep kiss. After he breaks it, I murmur, “I love you so much, Ryu. I truly do and that scares me to death.”

He holds me a little tighter and says, “You needn’t be scared, nothing is going to happen to us, okay?”

“Do you promise?”

“I promise.”

“Good. Remind me that Chinatsu and I need to have a discussion with you, soon.” I glance at the clock and see we need to get moving or all of us will be late. I give him a soft kiss. “Wake Chinatsu, please. I’m going to start the bath.”

 ◇ ◆ ◇ ◆ ◇ ◆ ◇

After we bath, we do our hair, eat and then see them off to school. Heading back to my closet, I delve through it looking for something appropriate to wear to work. A few minutes later, I settle on a lavender, short sleeve blouse and a navy blue, pleated skirt. Pairing that with a white belt, sheer nude stockings and my white pumps, I dress, and apply my makeup. Then look myself over in the mirror. Perfect, business-like without looking like a little girl playing dress up. Heading downstairs, I take a seat with Honoka to drink a cup of coffee while we wait for Mr Okami to return. He returns about 15 minutes later, we climb in for the ride to TGR and I distractedly stare out the window along the way.

“Sora?”

“Hmm?”

“What’s going on?”

Turning my attention to her, I shrug and reply, “Nothing much. I have a couple of department heads that are fighting over next year's budget that I need to deal with before Mirai kills the two of them.”

“Little sister, I’m not asking why we are going to TGR, I’m asking what’s going on with you? You’re distracted and a little distant. This has been going on for a couple of days and this isn’t like you.”

“Hiroki, Kimi, and Ako partly, although that has been dealt with.” She nods. “There’s been a lot that’s happened since we started back to school. The thing is that I have a feeling that there’s something bigger coming. I…” I clear my throat. “I feel like something is building, as if something really bad is about to happen and it has me on edge.” I sigh and shake my head. “Don’t ask me to explain it because I can’t, but I can’t shake the feeling either and I'm at a loss on what to do. I can’t determine how to deal with something if I have no idea what it is.” I shrug again.

She chuckles, which surprises me, then pulls me to her and hugs me to her breast. I rest my head against it as she leans her head against mine and says, “Sora, you can’t plan for everything life can throw at you. It’s far too messy and chaotic. Add people into the mix and it’s even worse.”

“But…”

“No buts. Little sister, you keep getting told you’re too smart for your own good and they’re right. You believe that everything has a solution and no matter how much thought you put into it, not every situation has one. There are times you just have to deal with the cards you are dealt. You already know that. You need to work on learning the difference between things you can solve and things you’ll simply have to put up with, or you are going to stay stressed out. Plus, you can always depend on us for help.”

Relaxing within her arms, I take a deep breath and let it out. Truthfully, I realize she loves having smaller breasts, but I miss being able to snuggle into them like I used to. Yes, I know. I’m probably a little spoiled by my family and maybe, just maybe, a bit of a princess, but I think if you were me that you might be too.

“Mmm~ Thanks Nee-chan.”

We snuggle for the remainder of the ride. As Mr Okami pulls up outside the main entrance of TGR, Jason opens the door for us and we exit. We head upstairs to my office and on the way through I greet my assistants and ask for Mocha coffee to be sent in.

As soon as I open the office door, Mirai looks up and says, “Good morning, Sora.”

Closing the door behind us, we take a seat in front of her desk. “Good morning. How are you today?”

She sighs and rubs her eyes for a moment. “I have a bad headache already. Those two idiots now have their departments at each other’s throats now. Each is accusing the other of taking money that they desperately need for their departments and thereby slowing down their work.”

I can already see this is going to be a super fun meeting. “Okay, go take some aspirin, get some air, take a walk, whatever you need to do. I’ll deal with them. Umm, who are they?”

“Morio Wada and Kenichi Uehara, respectively the heads of Genetic Therapy and Genetic Engineering divisions.”

“Alright. Go take a break… On second thought. Take the day off, go home, have a glass of wine or something and relax. By the way, that’s not a request.”

She begins to say, “Are you sure that you…”

Until I interrupt her by saying, “Go home, now. You are not allowed back on property until Monday morning, understood?”

She smiles wryly and gathers her things. “You’re the boss and thanks.”

“Mirai?” She looks up at me. “Get some rest. I need you and it’s not going to help anything if you are all stressed out.” I have an idea that might help and pull my phone out of my purse and make a call. “Yes you can. I’d like to set an appointment for Mirai Kuroki for tomorrow morning… Alright, that will work… The all inclusive package… Of course, you have my credit card on file, so charge it to that… Sora Kobayashi… Okay. Thank you. She’ll see you then.”

I end the call and turn to look at Mirai. “Alrighty then. You have an appointment at Playland Spa tomorrow at 10:00. Trust me, you’ll love it and it’s as relaxing as can be.”

“Thank you, Sora. I’ll do that. See you later.”

“Bye.”

Akari comes in just as Mirai leaves and comes over and sets the tray on the sideboard. “Do you need anything else?”

“Would you call Morio Wada and Kenichi Uehara and tell them to come to my office immediately?” She nods. “Thank you.”

Honoka and I make ourselves a cup of coffee and then sit down at my desk with her on my right.

15 minutes later, I’m beginning to get upset since it doesn’t take that long to get anywhere in TGR. I reach up to buzz Akari, when she announces, “Mr Wada and Mr Uehara are here.”

“Have them come in.” A moment later there’s a knock and I call out, “Come in.”

I’m irked that it’s taken them so long to get here, but I smile pleasantly and wave for them to sit down. They take a seat in front of my desk.

Before I have a chance to say anything, Uehara rudely says, “What’s this about? I’m busy.”

With a thunderous expression, I stand, slam my hands down on my desk, which stings like hell, but I ignore it, and yell, “Excuse my language here, but just who the hell do you think you are?! You work for me! If I call, you come, no complaining, nothing. If you don’t like that arrangement, I suggest you find employment elsewhere! Is that understood?!”

He looks shocked that I yelled at him, so it takes a moment, but he finally mutters, “Yeah.”

I almost can’t believe how disrespectful he is and I stare daggers at him. “Yeah?” I look at Honoka and ask, “Did he say ‘yeah’?” She nods while fighting not to smile. Turning back to look at him, I ask, “Is that how you talk to your boss? Let’s try that again. It’s either ‘Yes, Ma’am’, or ‘Yes, Ms Kobayashi,’ got it?”

They seem to get how serious and angry I am here, so they both sit straighter in the chairs and say, “Yes ma’am.”

I nod. “Better… Now, what’s all this about?” They both start to talk at the same time, so I hold up my hand to stop them. “Mr Wada?”

He has to be able to tell how upset I still am. Hell the lady at the convenience store in the lobby that I’ve never met would be able to tell, so he grimaces and says, “Well, basically Ken is upset that my department got a larger budget than his.”

Incredulously, I state, “You’ve got to be kidding me! I had to take the day off from school to deal with this?” I raise my voice a little louder. “Really? Over the budget that me and my staff made up after much deliberation and talking to all of you? The budget that gave a minimum of a 30% increase over last year, which was also above what you requested? That budget?”

I sit down, look at Honoka and shake my head. “This is simply asinine.” Looking back at Mr Uehara, I ask, “Well?”

“Uh, well, with a larger budget we could have expanded my department more.”

I acidly state, “Do you want to try saying that properly?”

“I, uh, mean, we could have done more research and hired more staff to do everything with a larger budget, Ms Kobayashi.”

I roll my eyes. This is just plain stupid in my opinion. “Don’t you think we took all of that into account when we did the budget? Me, and my staff, set the budget, not you. We take into account what you request, but we decide who gets a larger budget and who needs what for research and development.”

I lean forward and place my elbows on the edge of my desk. “Let me be blunt here, most of the money will be going into the nanotech division because it has the potential to revolutionize everything from medicine to trash reclamation, which would make your departments obsolete. Nano therapy is the next big thing and you both should know that.” Warming up to the subject, I talk animatedly. “Imagine setting everything you need to build something in one place and they build it for you. Losing a limb in an accident and having it regrown. Or, never getting sick again because they protect you? That includes cancer, genetic abnormalities and anything else that could go wrong. There are so many possibilities. We are only limited by our imagination here.”

I settle back into my seat and look from one to the other. “With that said, for right now, we still need your divisions. Regardless, I can easily close both divisions if you keep creating headaches for me and my staff. I’d rather take a financial hit than have my employees fighting one another. Do I make myself clear?”

They both say, “Yes Ma’am.”

“Good. Both of you had best get your people under control and back to work. I’m not going to tolerate another incident like this. If it happens again, no matter which one of you starts it, I’ll fire you both.”

“Yes Ma’am.”

“Alright. Have a nice day and remember what I told you.”

As always, a huge thank you to all of my Patreons.

19