Chapter 73: Treatment
1k 4 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s enough to say I spent the rest of the fireworks show making out with Ryu. Honestly, I don’t even know how or when we got home. I was completely in a daze from the nights events. No, nothing happened other than me telling him, “I love you,” and us making out. It’s simply the fact that everything disappeared for me other than the two of us.

 ◇  ◆  ◇  ◆  ◇  ◆  ◇

[Monday, July 6th]

Waking up before the sun as usual, I roll over to wake Chinatsu. I have no idea how I even got undressed last night, yet here I am waking up nude. 

I kiss Chinatsu awake and tell her, “Good morning,” which she returns.

In the next moment, I’m wrapped in her arms with her asking me, “What happened?”

“With what?” I ask.

“What happened to make you so out of it? You were fine until the fireworks show.”

Smiling and blushing, I tell her, “I told Ryu that I love him. I guess I was kind of in my own world from that.”

Smiling at me, she says, “I’m so happy for you. Are you sure about that though?”

I nod at her. “I am. I’m not sure how, but I know that I love him.”

“As long as he doesn’t hurt you, it’s all good. He’ll have to deal with me if he does.”

I giggle. “Chinatsu, you do realize I can fight my own battles now, right?”

She looks at me with a serious expression. “Sora, I could care less if you’re capable of fighting your own battles. Your battles are mine and always will be. I’d take on the world for you. Woof!”

“Woof?” I ask her with a confused expression.

She giggles. “Of course, I’m your cute little guard puppy. Honoka guards you, well, us for the moment, so she’s like a guard dog, but I can be a guard puppy.”

I’ve no idea where she came up with this idea, but I love her for the thought. I’d never let her put herself at risk for me, but why ruin a perfectly good moment between us with reality?

“Thank you Chinatsu,” I tell her as I pet her head and then scratch behind her ear, which makes her laugh.

“I know what you said before, but I’ll still protect you, just as you protect me. Deal with it.” She says, which makes me smile. I really do love this girl.

I kiss, hug her, and then stand up. “Come on, let's go bathe or do I need to walk you first?” I ask her with an impish grin which cracks her up.

 ◇  ◆  ◇  ◆  ◇  ◆  ◇

In my appointment with Airi, we spend talking about my triggers and ways to control them. Unfortunately, we only know of a couple of triggers for me and that means finding out what they are. I'll simply say, I'm definitely not looking forward to it, but it's far preferable to not knowing and my PTSD being triggered because I didn't know about it. 

Now, I'm not going to say much about my PT appointment, other than Emi says I won't be needing to come see her for too much longer. She shows me the initial strength and flexibility assessment along with the one she did not long ago. Happily, I'm no longer well below average for a girl with my build. In fact, I'm well above average in both strength and flexibility, so this is my last week of PT. Amazingly enough, I think I'll miss seeing Emi.

After I shower, change into my dress, and Chinatsu puts my hair back up for me, I pull out my phone and text Mayumi to tell her that we'll be by to pick her up shortly. I sincerely hope that this treatment works for the both of them.

As an aside, Mama asked me if I wanted her to order me any business attire. It still seemed a little strange to me, but I suppose Mama thought it might help me be taken seriously at work. I thought about it and the only thing image that kept coming to me is a little girl playing dress up or cosplaying. 

I ended up telling her, “No thank you. I think it would have the opposite effect. It'd probably be much better to act like the cute girl I am and simply dress well. If I'm underestimated because that's all they think I am, then so much the better for me. They'll find out soon enough to take me seriously.”

Mama merely nodded and went back to looking at outfits for us girls.

Anyway, we head out to get Mayumi and then head over to TGR. Once we make it to her apartment building, we head up to collect her. She meets us at the door, pulls me to her to hug me and kiss my cheek. 

“I've missed you Sora.”

“I miss you too, but you know your welcome at the house anytime. Dad told you that already.”

She smiles. “I know, but I've been really busy. Hi Honoka, hi Chinatsu. How have you two been?”

“Busy, but I'm good, thanks.” Honoka tells her.

Chinatsu replies, “I'm fine, thank you.” 

“Good, glad to hear that. Let me slip on my shoes and we can go.” 

Once she has, we head over to the elevator as I tell her what all I've been up to. Work, tutoring, boyfriend, dates, going out with our friends and, of course, Airi and Emi. 

We continue chatting on the ride to TGR, which seems to take almost no time at all. After our driver drops us off at the entrance, I take out my keycard out of my purse and then take Mayumi's hand as we head inside. 

The doorguard stands to tell me, “Good afternoon Ms. Kobayashi.” Nodding to him, I reply, “Good afternoon.” Hiro really seems to be having a huge impact on his department in the short time he's been here. This is a far cry from the, “Who are you?” greeting from before. 'Much better,’ I tell myself on the way to the elevators as we head to my office. 

Once we arrive at my office I tell Mirai, “Good afternoon. How's everything going? Any problems?”

Smiling, she replies, “Hi Sora. Everything's fine, no real problems, other than a researcher throwing a fit because his proposal was put on hold.”

“Which department?”

“Genetic Therapy.”

“I thought that all the researchers already had a project there?”

“They do. Apparently, he has an idea about boosting the immune system and wants to follow up on it.”

“And?” 

“The division head told him not right now. The researcher asked for us to reverse his decision and I saw no reason to do that, so I refused.”

“Why did he tell him no?”

“One, because he does this kind of thing often. Two, he wanted too large of a budget for it. Three, the project he's working on now takes priority.”

Nodding, I ask, “Is he still making a fuss?”

She tilts her hand back and forth to gesture somewhat.

“Hmm… Well, if he keeps it up have a direct talk with him. Inform him that if he ever wants his ideas to see the light of day here that he'll follow procedure and finish the project he's working on now. Also, he submitted the idea here, so even if he quits, he can't use it anywhere else. If he tries, I'll tie him up in court for so long that even if he somehow managed to win that it'll be his great-great-grandchildren that will hear the decision. I don't want to do that, but I'll do it if he forces the issue.”

“Are you sure you're thirteen Sora?” She grins. “Believe it or not, that's the same approach I'd use.”

I smile, but it feels odd when people ask me that. “I'm positive. That way simply makes the most sense to me. It’s far better than 'someone's’ way of killing them and stealing their work.”

I reach over and press the intercom button. “Akari, please call Mrs. Matsuoka in the Nanotech division to tell her I'll be down in a few minutes and to have the injections ready for me in room twenty-three.”

“Of course Sora.”

“Thank you.” I turn to look at Honoka and Mayumi. “Now, are you two ready for this?”

Honoka simply nods, while Mayumi tells me, “I’ve been ready for a long, long time.”

“Alright then, let's go. Shiori, Kanna, Jason, and Igor, the room is rather small, so if you would stay with Chinatsu in the lounge outside, I'd appreciate it.”

That said, I lead the way to the elevator to go to sublevel four where the Nanotech division is located. Then head down to the room to meet Kotomi Matsuoka. 

Kotomi is the Nanotech division chief that Mirai appointed. She used to be the assistant for the division before it was shut down. Since the original division head had already found a job, and Kotomi already has experience, she was placed in charge.

“Hi Kotomi. Is everything ready?” I ask after we enter the room.

“Hello Sora. Yes, but I need to explain a couple of things. First, you already know these only work about 30% of the time.” 

They nod. “Good. Second, even if they don't work, you'll run a fever for two or three days, so take it easy. Third, you'll need to come back next Monday so we can see if it worked. Fourth, I'll need a liability release statement signed by both of you. Finally, I'll need to do a quick exam of the two taking these.”

Both of them nod. “Alright, down to your underwear please.” Kotomi tells them.

It takes Kotomi about half an hour to check them over, but finally she nods, seeming to be satisfied. She then picks up two clipboards with forms attached along with pens to them, which they read over and sign. Taking the clipboards from them, she sets them to the side. 

“Okay ladies, if you'll take a seat, we'll get this over with.” She takes out one of two large syringes out of a padded case and turns back to Honoka. “This is a nutrient solution along with the nanites. It'll burn when I inject you with it, but that should only last a couple of minutes. It would be best if you go home after this and rest for the next few days, but light activity is okay. Are you ready?”

“Mhmm. I am.”

Honoka hisses in pain as she slowly injects them into her abdomen. 

“Sit back and relax for a bit. It'll ease off soon. Once it does you can get dressed again.” 

She sets down the syringe and picks up the other and walks over to Mayumi. “Ready?”

Mayumi nods. “Yes, definitely.”

Mayumi gasps as she's injected.

“Okay. Same thing, relax until it eases off. Other than the fever and no heavy activity. You'll be fine, even if they don't work. Oh, yes, you two will be very hungry for the next few days, so make sure you eat enough. Alright, I'm done.”

Sitting quietly, I think about what Kotomi told them and come to a decision. I take out my phone and send a text to Mama. A minute later I get a reply from her. 

Looking up at Mayumi, I tell her, “Mayumi, to be sure you'll be alright, you'll be staying with us until we come back Monday. Mama said, 'no arguments’ and to drag you if I have to. Chinatsu normally sleeps with me, so you can use her room.”

“Okay, but we'll need to drop by my place for me to get some clothes.”

Now, we simply need to wait to see if the ¥42 million I spent for this helps them.

Thank you to all of my Patreons, but especially:

Bowen Fletcher & Mathieu C

23