Chapter 180: As To Be Expected…
386 6 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 184  is available for Patreons

If you enjoy this novel or have a suggestion, please leave a comment or message me to let me know! Thanks!

Join me on Discord

Let’s catch up on progress at DTI, manufacturing, and in space.

The sensor department came to me with a design I believe will be a lot more helpful on the ships. They amazed me when they told me they had come up with a way to detect ships traveling in other dimensions using the quantum field distortions from their travel. They said they collaborated with the sidestep department on the development for it. Anyway, the sensor they came up with uses a combination of multi-frequency EM sensors: gamma rays, X-rays, ultraviolet radiation, visible light using multiple high definition wide spectrum lenses, infrared radiation, and radio waves. It also includes a quantum field sensor, and a gravity distortion sensor. All of that in a package that is smaller than what we are using now.

The Cameron’s crew has finished emplacing the AI, Hermes, along with the armor for him. Nanites make things so much easier and faster. Hermes will control the flight of 19274 into the orbit of Mars. The engines and directional thrusters are making good progress, and the crew reports that if progress continues at the current pace, they will be finished within the month. After that is some testing to ensure that they are functioning properly. Once they confirm full functionality, the Cameron will return to Earth as Hemes takes control of 19274.

Progress on Helios’ sister ships is progressing smoothly, and I hope that the first of them will be completed before long. We need to get Lone Star station and the orbital ring completed as soon as possible so that we can move on to other things. Such as building the ship construction facilities in orbit. The names for the ten ships have already been decided. Their names were selected from a huge number of submissions by citizens, and we ended up with Maea, Electra, Taygete, Alcyone, Celaino, Sterope, Merope, Alectrona, Antheia, and Aphaea.

Excavation of the site for the moon base is progressing smoothly. I should mention that after much debate, the base is going to be roughly three times the original design. The reason being that many people have expressed an interest in living on the moon permanently, and quite a few doctors have recommended that there be a section with lunar gravity for patients that aren’t doing well in Earth's gravity.

The system drive department sent a memo to us saying that they have now increased the drive power to 750 g’s and did so with only a moderate increase in the power requirements.

Dr. Jorgenson came to my office to tell me that she, and her staff, increased the reliability of the shield generators. Basically, they’re a lot more heat tolerant before they overload. They’re also less likely to burn out now.

As for inertial dampers, she increased them to 500 g’s which costs more, powerwise, but in my opinion, that’s more than worth the additional power cost.

Ohta has further refined his cold fusion reactors as well. He now has a working 500 terawatt reactor that is the same size as the 100 terawatt reactor that it will be replacing.

Enrico and Jason also made more progress on the quantum communicator. It now only takes 10 kilowatts of power to reach Jupiter, and they further reduced its size. They estimate that with 10 kilowatts, it could reach far outside our solar system. I told them that once we have a scout ship ready, we can test it’s reach.

Plans have been made for a colony on Mars so that we can begin terraforming it. One rather ambitious plan calls for nanites tunneling down to the core and making radioisotopes to restart the core. That would create a magnetic field and also help with terraforming. Another calls for capturing comets and/or the icy bodies from the Kuiper Belt.

That means more ships, although this time, they are being designed to be crewed by people, although there will be a level 5 AI included to help with navigation and running of the ship. Including the AI reduced the amount of crew for the ships somewhat.

After we announced that ships were being designed for that and were going to need crews, we also said that a school would be opened to train them not only to be crew, but about the ships so that they can fix any problems that may crop up.

That also means building the rescue/medical ships, so if something happens, we can help the crews. That means another expansion of the now named Crown Space Forces.

On another note: military spacecraft. Facilities have been or are being built in several countries to build the military craft that have been requested. You may remember that I had a conversation with Jenny about this a while back, and now that we will have the facilities and resources, it’s time to begin building them.

If you are curious, these are the specs for the ships they have requested.

Scout ships are Venture class.

70 m x 30 m x 10 m

Max acceleration: 400 g

Crew complement: 

Armaments:

  • 1 15 cm 2-gun turret 15 gigawatt laser cannons.
  • 2 CIWS 50 mm gatling cannon/6-barrel 5 gigawatt pulse laser combination. 
  • 1 8-cell quick reload vertical launch multi-role missile system.

Defensive shielding: 

  • Primary: 2 Mark III phase-synchronized shield emitters.
  • Backup: 2 Mark III phase-synchronized shield emitters.

Fighters are Archer class.

20 m x 15 m.

Max acceleration: 400 g

Crew complement: 1

Armaments:

  • 1 50 mm gatling cannon
  • 1 6-barrel 15 gigawatt pulse laser.
  • 10 multi-role missiles

Defensive shielding: 

  • 2 Mark III phase-synchronized shield emitters.

Fighter/Bomber close support are Mako class.

22 m x 17 m.

Max acceleration: 400 g

Crew complement: 2

Armaments:

  • 1 50 mm gatling cannon
  • 1 6-barrel 15 gigawatt pulse laser.
  • Variety of guided and unguided missiles and bombs

Defensive shielding: 

  • 2 Mark III phase-synchronized shield emitters.
  •  

Heavy bombers are Executioner class.

45 m x 42 m.

Max acceleration: 300 g

Crew complement: 2

Armaments:

  • 3 turret-mounted 6-barrel 15 gigawatt pulse laser.
  • Variety of guided and unguided missiles and bombs

Defensive shielding: 

  • 2 Mark III phase-synchronized shield emitters.

Troop dropships are Peregrine class.

25 m x 32 m.

Max acceleration: 400 g

Crew complement: 2

Troop capacity: 30 armored infantry

Armaments:

  • 2 6-barrel 15 gigawatt pulse lasers mounted on nose and tail.
  • 2 on each side 3-barrel 5 gigawatt pulse lasers.

Defensive shielding: 

  • 2 Mark III phase-synchronized shield emitters.

Rescue/Medical ships are Saint class.

300 m x 100 m x 36 m

Max acceleration: 350 g

Crew complement:

  • 10 Officers
  • 50 Crewmen
  • 100 Medical

Armaments:

20 CIWS 50 mm gatling cannon/6-barrel 5 gigawatt pulse laser combination. 

Defensive shielding: 

  • Primary: 30 Mark III phase-synchronized shield emitters.
  • Backup: 30 Mark III phase-synchronized shield emitters.

Frigates are Talon class.

100 m x 50 m  x 40 m.

Max acceleration: 250 g

Crew complement:

  • 10 Officers
  • 50 crewmen

Armaments:

  • 1  15 cm 2-gun turret 50 gigawatt laser cannons.
  • 1  30 cm 2-gun turret Plasma cannons.
  • 4 CIWS 50 mm gatling cannon/6-barrel 5 gigawatt pulse laser combination. 
  • 1 40-cell quick reload vertical launch multi-role missile system.
  • Defensive shielding: 
    • Primary: 10 Mark III phase-synchronized shield emitters.
    • Backup: 10 Mark III phase-synchronized shield emitters.

Destroyers are Daring class.

150 m x 65 m x 50 m.

Max acceleration: 250 g

Crew complement:

  • 15 Officers
  • 75 crewmen

Armaments:

  • 2  15 cm 2-gun turret 50 gigawatt laser cannons.
  • 1  30 cm 2-gun turret Plasma cannons.
  • 4 CIWS 50 mm gatling cannon/6-barrel 5 gigawatt pulse laser combination. 
  • 1 60-cell quick reload vertical launch multi-role missile system.
  • Defensive shielding: 
    • Primary: 12 Mark III phase-synchronized shield emitters.
    • Backup: 12 Mark III phase-synchronized shield emitters.

Cruisers are Aeon class.

180 m x 120 m x 70 m.

Max acceleration: 250 g

Crew complement:

  • 20 Officers
  • 100 crewmen

Armaments:

  • 1  41 cm 3-gun turret 50 gigawatt laser cannons.
  • 1  53 cm 3-gun turret Plasma cannons.
  • 4 15 cm 2-gun turret 15 gigawatt laser cannons.
  • 6 CIWS 50 mm gatling cannon/6-barrel 5 gigawatt pulse laser combination. 
  • 2 60-cell quick reload vertical launch multi-role missile system.
  • Defensive shielding: 
    • Primary: 15 Mark III phase-synchronized shield emitters.
    • Backup: 15 Mark III phase-synchronized shield emitters.

Battlecruiser are Hades class.

250 m x 140 m x 85 m.

Max acceleration: 250 g

Crew complement:

  • 30 Officers
  • 150 crewmen

Armaments:

  • 2  41 cm 3-gun turret 50 gigawatt laser cannons.
  • 1  53 cm 3-gun turret Plasma cannons.
  • 10 15 cm 2-gun turret 15 gigawatt laser cannons.
  • 8 CIWS 50 mm gatling cannon/6-barrel 5 gigawatt pulse laser combination. 
  • 3 60-cell quick reload vertical launch multi-role missile system.
  • Defensive shielding: 
    • Primary: 20 Mark III phase-synchronized shield emitters.
    • Backup: 20 Mark III phase-synchronized shield emitters.

Assault Carriers are Orion class.

550 m x 300 m x 200 m.

Max acceleration: 250 g

Crew complement:

  • 30 Officers
  • 120 crewmen
  • 900 aircrew
  • 9000 armored infantry

Armaments:

  • 2  30 cm 3-gun turret 25 gigawatt laser cannons.
  • 6 15 cm 2-gun turret 15 gigawatt laser cannons.
  • 8 CIWS 50 mm gatling cannon/6-barrel 5 gigawatt pulse laser combination. 
  • 2 60-cell quick reload vertical launch multi-role missile system.
  • Defensive shielding: 
    • Primary: 20 Mark III phase-synchronized shield emitters.
    • Backup: 20 Mark III phase-synchronized shield emitters.

Airwing complement:

  • 5 wings (100 planes) F-32 Mako fighter/bombers.
  • 15 wings (300 planes) V-23a Peregrine dropships.
    • Room for 30 armored infantry

Battleships are Reaper class.

450 m x 250 m x 75 m.

Max acceleration: 250 g

Crew complement:

  • 40 Officers
  • 200 crewmen

Armaments:

  • 2  41 cm 3-gun turret 50 gigawatt laser cannons.
  • 1  53 cm 3-gun turret Plasma cannons.
  • 10 15 cm 2-gun turret 15 gigawatt laser cannons.
  • 8 CIWS 50 mm gatling cannon/6-barrel 5 gigawatt pulse laser combination. 
  • 2 80-cell quick reload vertical launch multi-role missile system.
  • Defensive shielding: 
    • Primary: 20 Mark III phase-synchronized shield emitters.
    • Backup: 20 Mark III phase-synchronized shield emitters.

Dreadnoughts are Guardian class.

550 m x 300 m x 100 m

Max acceleration: 250 g

Crew complement:

  • 70 Officers
  • 350 crewmen

Armaments:

  • 3  41 cm 3-gun turret 50 gigawatt laser cannons.
  • 3  53 cm 3-gun turret Plasma cannons.
  • 12 15 cm 2-gun turret 15 gigawatt laser cannons.
  • 10 CIWS 50 mm gatling cannon/6-barrel 5 gigawatt pulse laser combination. 
  • 4 80-cell quick reload vertical launch multi-role missile system.
  • Defensive shielding: 
    • Primary: 25 Mark III phase-synchronized shield emitters.
    • Backup: 25 Mark III phase-synchronized shield emitters.

Carriers are Seraph class.

575 m x 600 m x 450 m.

Max acceleration: 250 g

Crew complement:

  • 100 Officers
  • 500 crewmen
  • 950 aircrew

Armaments:

  • 2  30 cm 3-gun turret 25 gigawatt laser cannons.
  • 8 15 cm 2-gun turret 15 gigawatt laser cannons.
  • 8 CIWS 50 mm gatling cannon/6-barrel 5 gigawatt pulse laser combination. 
  • 2 60-cell quick reload vertical launch multi-role missile system.
  • Defensive shielding: 
    • Primary: 25 Mark III phase-synchronized shield emitters.
    • Backup: 25 Mark III phase-synchronized shield emitters.

Airwing complement:

  • 10 wings (200 planes) F-50 Archer fighters.
  • 8 wings (160 planes) F-32 Mako fighter/bombers.
  • 5 wings (100 planes) V-23a Peregrine dropships.

Supercarriers are Archangel class.

650 m x 700 m x 500 m.

Max acceleration: 250 g

Crew complement:

  • 120 Officers
  • 700 crewmen
  • 1250 aircrew

Armaments:

  • 3  30 cm 3-gun turret 25 gigawatt laser cannons.
  • 8 15 cm 2-gun turret 15 gigawatt laser cannons.
  • 10 CIWS 50 mm gatling cannon/6-barrel 5 gigawatt pulse laser combination. 
  • 2 80-cell quick reload vertical launch multi-role missile system.
  • Defensive shielding: 
    • Primary: 30 Mark III phase-synchronized shield emitters.
    • Backup: 30 Mark III phase-synchronized shield emitters.

Airwing complement:

  • 15 wings (300 planes) F-50 Archer fighters.
  • 10 wings (200 planes) F-32 Mako fighter/bombers.
  • 10 wings (200 planes) V-23a Peregrine dropships.
  • 5 wings (100 planes) B-28 Executioner heavy bombers.

As you can see, they are rather heavily armed and defended. Let’s not even mention the size of a few of them. Once the orbital construction facilities are complete, we’ll be transferring building the larger ships to it, even though they can land and take off from planets. All of these ships are tremendously powerful. They will be even more so when we equip them with antimatter weapons.

Okay, on to other subjects.

Mirai called me and informed me that the new labs have been completed, and so far, they have produced a bit more than a million doses of the fertility treatment. They’ve been rather busy filling all the orders. Also, with the increase in production, the prices have come down from $210,000 per dose to $96,000 per dose. She expects that the price will drop further. I’m looking forward to seeing the results.

As to be expected, there is still high school for the 4 of us. Mama and Dad informed us that there will be a major change this year though, since we are being sent to a school in England. It’s the same school that Anne attended, St. Paul's Girls' School. It’s a private finishing school that not only teaches the standard classes, but also etiquette. Something that all of us will need since we are so heavily followed by the news and paparazzi. Even Mama and Dad are taking etiquette classes. Anne has been working with me on it, but this will take it to another level. One thing I definitely like about it is that we don’t have to wear uniforms.

Admittance testing was required, although they did say that I didn’t need to take them. We were placed in year 12, so we’ll be with girls close to our age in classes. In hopes that we wouldn’t be treated by the other girls differently or that they would be distant, I did have a phone conversation with the headmistress about us. I told her that I wanted all the staff and students to treat us the same as they would any other student. Hopefully, we can make some friends amongst them. We shall see how it turns out.

As always: A huge thank you to all my Patreons!

12