Chapter 189: Miyuki’s Day
316 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter   is available for Patreons

If you enjoy this novel or have a suggestion, please leave a comment or message me to let me know! Thanks!

Join me on Discord

By the end of our conversation, Miyuki agreed that it’d probably be best and quickest if I have my people make all of our dresses for her wedding. So, she’ll be showing up tomorrow morning to see our designers.

I feel bad that I don’t see her as much as I’d like these days, but then again, I do stay rather busy. I got to see her last year, and honestly, she’s blossomed into a beautiful woman. Say what you want, but my nanites are wondrous things.

[Wednesday, July 11]

As said, Miyuki arrives at the palace with Hiroki in tow. He will be taking off with Ryu to do whatever men do when men are alone as well as having Hiroki’s bachelor party while Chinatsu and I will be hosting Miyuki’s this Saturday since I’m busy until then.

No, there won’t be strippers at our party for her. Regardless of anything else, I know Miyuki well enough to say that she wouldn’t take that very well. Say what you will, but there’s nothing wrong with all of us just getting together, eating dinner, having a few drinks, and generally just enjoying each others' company while we go out somewhere dancing.

Oh, in case you’re wondering, no, we aren’t breaking the law. I know the legal age to drink used to be 21 in a lot of countries, but I changed that. In my opinion, if a person is old enough to join the Commonwealth military and risk their lives, then they are old enough to drink alcohol. The thought behind making it 21 never made any sense to me in that respect. I mean, you’re considered an adult at 18 and responsible for your actions, yet you supposedly aren’t responsible enough to drink? Political idiocy and pandering at its finest. So with that in mind, I rolled it back to 18, though I allowed for countries to set their own age for people to drink, although not older than 18. For example, in Germany, you are allowed to drink at 16.

Anyway, as I said, Miyuki arrived at the palace, and after a meeting with the designers, discussing color themes and such, they set to designing a flattering dress for her and us. Chinatsu’s and my dresses are going to be backless, halter dresses in pale pink with Fuschia heels.

The design they came up with for Miyuki is similar. Satin and lace, backless, halter, mermaid style dress with a 3-meter train. Her smile when she saw the drawing they made of it was something to behold. If it’s even close to the drawing, it’ll emphasize her every curve since it’s a form-fitting dress. In my view, it’s both elegant and sexy. She likes the design, so that’s what matters.

As an aside that doesn’t really have a lot to do with this, Jason was a bit grumpy about the last-minute aspect of the wedding and adding so many people. It would have probably been much worse if Miyuki and the other guests weren’t residents of Yakushima.

[Saturday, July 14]

This evening, we sit down for dinner with Miyuki, and afterward, we dress for our night out. Once we’re ready, we pick up her friends and head to the club. Of course, the Queen’s guard arrives much earlier than we do.

There really isn’t much of a security threat since everyone who lives, or even visits Yakushima is heavily vetted by both the Queen’s guard and ‘Nan’ short for Nanny, the crown's level 1 AI. It’s basically so that I’m allowed some semblance of freedom to do as I wish while on my island without having to worry about some random idiot doing something stupid. Jason has never forgotten the day that Honoka and I were shot and swears it’s never going to happen again. The fact that the Queen’s guard is sworn to give up their lives to protect me bothers me to no end. Hopefully, it never comes to that.

Despite all that, we have a lovely evening with us having more than a few drinks and dancing with many of the people there. Unsurprisingly, I was asked to dance quite a bit. Not that I minded since these are my people, so if they’d like to dance with their Queen, and as long as they are respectful, I’m happy to do so. The people seem to love it when I go out like this and mix with them.

[Monday, July 16]

Akari had to add several planes for our trip with the number of people that are going. The guest list includes our parents, Eri and Kaede, Honoka and Jim, Sofi and Kei, Jenny and Mark, Yui and Bob, Miyuki and Hiroki, Hiroki’s parents (Asuna and Fujio), Hiro, Akari and her boyfriend Ikki, as well as several of Miyuki’s friends from school.

I’m irritated when Hiroki’s parents and Miyuki’s friends show up, genuflect, and keep calling me, ‘Your Majesty.’

It eventually makes me snap, “Raise yourselves the hell up and stop calling me Your Majesty. During this trip, I’m Sora, is that understood?”

All of them blanch at my tone, but Fujio says, “Of course, Sora.”

“Good, then why don’t we load up, so we can head out.”

It’s a short flight to Okinawa, so we arrive before 9 in the morning. Of course, the staff meets us at the landing pad to greet us and carry everyone’s bags into the house. When we enter our bedroom, we find Hina and Maho unpacking our bags for us.

Once they’re done, we undress and change into bikinis, cover-ups, and beach shoes, then head out to the beach to play. Soon enough, we’re joined in the water by almost everyone else. Eri and Kaede come running to us giggling their cute little heads off to play when they reach the beach with Mama and Dad.

I may be the Queen, but before anything else, I’m a daughter, sister, and wife. Playing with my sisters like this reminds me of all that and also helps me relax. I love playing with them, too, so it’s a win-win. I have a heavy, yearning feeling in my chest when I look at them. I want children so bad that it almost physically hurts. I can see the same look in Chinatsu’s eyes as well, but as planned, Chinatsu and I won’t be having children until I graduate college.

Other than coming in for lunch, we spend the day at the beach. That evening, Kyoko and her assistants make us a western-style BBQ.

[Tuesday, July 17]

Today, as planned, is Miyuki’s wedding. We’re having it here at the house, mostly due to privacy concerns I have since media of all types swarm around anywhere I go, and of course, Jason is always worried about security. I doubt that anything would happen, but Jason took it as his failure when Honoka and I were shot, so he’s become rather overprotective since then.

Be that as it may, I prefer it being held here at the house since the focus should be on Miyuki. After all, it’s her day, and all the media attention, if it were held in a more public forum, would take away from that.

With that in mind, the staff has been rather busy transforming the yard into the wedding venue and setting up the deck for the reception. While all that is going on, the stylists are having a field day with us girls. Hair, makeup, nails, etc… Basically, the whole nine yards. It takes quite a while even with the large staff we brought along. Finally, they pour us into our dresses, and we’re ready.

Now, we have no idea what the venue is going to look like since Michael said the staff would take care of everything. I trusted his word that they would make it not only beautiful but memorable as well, and as we leave the house, I see that my trust wasn’t misplaced.

A large canopy covers both the guests and the small stage for the ceremony to keep them out of the sun. Rows of chairs line either side of the cobblestone path that leads down to the beach, which now has a stage situated on it. Ribbons and small flower arrangements connect the chairs as well as decorate the stage. It’s lovely and quite tasteful in my opinion. Glancing at Miyuki, I see her smiling as she takes it all in.

Of course, Hiro, Ryu, and Hiroki’s best man, Banri, have been waiting at the door for us. Hiro steps over to us, nodding to us, and then stops in front of Miyuki.

“Ready?” Hiro asks her quietly.

She looks at him and says, “I’ve never been more ready for anything in my life. I wish Mom could have been here for this, though.”

“I do too. I miss her every single day.” He bends down and lightly hugs her as he murmurs, “She’d be so happy to see the woman you’ve become. I know I am, and I’m so proud of you.”

“Thank you, Daddy. I love you.”

“Love you too, Peanut.” He releases her and offers her his elbow. “Shall we?”

She nods and takes his elbow as I motion to Michael to begin. The music begins playing, and I take Banri’s proffered elbow while Chinatsu takes Ryu’s as they slowly lead us to the stage. Once we arrive, the music changes, and everyone rises as Hiro leads Miyuki to the stage.

Her ceremony was nowhere near as elaborate as our wedding, although it was very moving, and you could easily see how much the two of them love each other. Also, Chinatsu reaches over and takes my hand during the ceremony and lightly squeezes it.

They exchange their vows and rings, then make their way back along the path with us following. A quick change of clothes into something more comfortable, and we head back down to the reception.

Miyuki and Hiroki left at about 9 that night, and other than meals, we didn’t much see them for the remainder of the week.

 ◇ ◆ ◇ ◆ ◇ ◆ ◇

[Saturday, September 1]

Akari worked with Jason and the realtor and found us a nice house to move into in the suburbs of Boston. It’s no palace, but it’s somewhat isolated, and from the walk-through video Akari showed me when we were talking about it, it’s a very nice place. More than enough for the three of us, the staff, and the Queen’s guard. I will say that some remodeling was needed and a crash program to do so was done so that it would be ready for us. Several maids and a couple of assistant butlers left to set up the new house a week ago. You know, buying furniture, linens and the like that every house has to have.

So, for the past few days, the staff has been busy packing up everything for the move to Boston while I deal with the whining of several senior members of congress. One of them had the audacity to tell me that the Queen has no need to go to college. Needless to say, that comment led to some rather acidic comments of my own. You can sum it up with me saying that I’m more than simply a Queen since I do far more than that. They were still unhappy, but it isn’t as if they can really tell me what to do. Although, why they waited to have this conversation until now is beyond me. It’s common knowledge since it was all over the news for a whole week that I will be attending MIT at the beginning of the new term.

Anyway, everything is sent ahead along with most of our clothing, so all that’s left is finishing up a couple of minor things, and then we’re flying out.

[Monday, September 3]

Today is little more than Ryu and I going into MIT to sign up for our courses. Ryu and I have to split up to register for different courses in different areas of the campus. So he gives me a kiss and heads off with Sachi and Miku in tow as his guards.

Of course, there’s always the stares from people wherever I go. As usual, I merely nod, smile and wave as we move past them. I sign up for my courses, and then Jason, Shiori, and I head off to find out where my classes are.

After that, Ryu and I head back, pick up Chinatsu and take a tour around Boston.

[Wednesday, September 5]

Today is the first day of classes, so of course, it’s going to be a rather busy day for Ryu and me with many more of them to come.

I don’t have what I would consider a heavy course load. As a freshman, I’m limited in how many classes I can take. I suppose they don’t want students burning themselves out or something. So, I have Calculus, Chemistry, Physical Education, Biology, Physics, English, and Commonwealth History.

My schedule should easily leave me with more than enough time to fulfill my role as Queen. I’m going to skip over much of my time at MIT as nothing much happens. The world is at peace, people have more than they need and they are happy.

As always: A huge thank you to all my Patreons!

8