Chapter 8: Aura
731 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From this day forth Kami would be sleeping for free in the living quarters of Helix. All the 1st years who arrived 3 months late were ordered to come in early and bring all their stuff they have with them to the living quarters.

Naturally the rooms were separated between genders and by floor. On each floor was a long line of rooms that were similar to that of a hotel, except the hallway was easily longer.

In each room there were 2 bunk beds on opposite sides of the room with a window directly in front of the door and 4 large chests for putting away anything you brought with you. The school was adamant about bringing as little with you as possible. They described the time spent in the academy to be similar to a pilgrimage. A journey to strengthen your spirit and in turn learn how to use Aura.

In the school the number one rule was you cannot leave until you are done. Leaving could happen from various reasons, not enough money to pay, expulsion, early graduation or graduation. If you attempted to leave for any other reason, there was severe punishment called isolation.

No one dared leave as the people who returned from isolation were like broken spirits and were unable to use aura anymore. They were put in a special class and were retaught everything from the ground up. This time for free.

The initial motivation for escaping for most people is because there is school everyday and no holidays. The 2nd years made sure to spread the story of Isolation to the 1st years to save them. It was like a ritual, you would be told of the story and when and in years time you were trying to save lives telling the story yourself.

School lasted for 2 years for most people, any slow learners would spend an extra year in the academy. No one minded, if you ignored the no holidays thing there was no reason not to love the school. They gave free food and living space. For everyone this was free, what was being paid for was the solely the lessons.

Kami was in his room for the next 2 years and was ready to greet the new faces. He already knew Aiden and Colt so there was no introduction needed there but there was one new face. His name was Lyon, another elf. Kami began to see how the school was dominated by the elven race quickly. He wasn't much of a talker and when he wasn't being spoken to he blended into the crowd like a perfect assassin, he would be there until he wasn't. Though he was an elf, his body was far from frail, it was lean and Kami predicted on strength alone he would be a city calamity.

The lessons for today were practical and took place in one of the training rooms, these were days everyone enjoyed and they were enjoyed even more now that Zelphar wasn't showing off the whole time. He would be used for demonstrations but that was it. The first lesson of the day was on how to produce aura. This was something that has been repeated since the first years joined as not many people were successful after their first month.

They were told to sit crossed legged and clear their thoughts. From there they were supposed to focus on their belly button and picture power flowing through the whole of their body

The new transfers were fast learners. If them being forced to learn the syllabus that had been covered so far whilst keeping up with the advanced lessons or aura was the cause or they were just more talented for aura was the case they picked it up pretty fast.

All but Kami had pulled this of. His mind was clear, the power was flowing but something was wrong. He had more than enough spiritual energy to crack or break the apparatus that dared to measure his potential yet he was struggling. It happened slowly but the aura within him began to take shape around his body in viscous amounts.

The whole class felt it and turned their attention to Kami. The colour of the aura was transparent which meant that the aura was still taking shape, Kami was struggling to keep his aura under control, it was trying to control him. Weighed on him heavy and his back arched as he got closer to the ground. He focused even harder.

The aura began to flicker between white and red and back and slowly began to merge until it his complete aura was pink. He relaxed and stood up. Everyone looked at him with disbelief. The first time he had formed aura he did it and had mixed fire and wind to form the deadliest dual element mix possible, lightning.

Though Kami did this on purpose, whilst he was attempting this he was given step by step coaching on how to mix the 2 attributes by Asura, but to everyone else it looked as if he forced lightning into becoming his aura. His aura then began to change between red, white and pink as Kami practised changing the state of his aura. His classmates all continued to look on in disbelief, Kami was the only person in the entire history of the school to do this, and he controlled vast amounts of his aura when it was only one element. Even his teacher was shocked.

If a person's natural defence and aura is weaker than another aura user the element abilities can be used on the opponent successfully. If a person's natural defence is weak but they have the same amount of aura as their opponent the attributes of their elements are cancelled out and only physical damage can be dealt but if the person with a weaker defence had an element that was weak against their opponent it would drain the opponents aura reserves until the aura weakened and the attribute could penetrate.

In battles with either or both aura and magic, effective use of your abilities will lead to victory. Kami had an obtained lightning, which used fire and wind the strongest elements meaning Kami could easily weaken most opponents who only could use one element with either fire or wind and afterwards merge the elements. The reason lightning was so strong was because of the effect it had on the opponent, it caused electric shocks to travel through their opponent which messed with the nervous system and caused short term immobility and at times extended periods of difficulty moving which simply meant it could stop and make an opponent much slower.

Shortly after this feat, any first years who couldn't produce even one element of aura had no excuse and the first lesson was concluded with everyone being able to produce some amount of aura.

The next lesson was on mid fighting tactics, this was mainly for the few who could change their auras to different elements. Even though this was the case, people who only had one element were useful, everyone was paired up against someone who had an element they were weak against and were told to barely release any aura around their body so everyone had an equal amount. The point of the first part of the lesson was to show what happens when you go against someone with an aura you are weak against.

Everyone noticed that before the amount of time they could produce aura was limited but every time their opponent made contact with them they felt they could hold up their aura for less time. The next part of the lesson was about noticing the element your opponent has and quickly matching or changing to an element their own is weak against at the last second. This was theory for half the class who only had one element but it was useful for when they got more if they got more.

The final lesson was the most advanced and was on only putting aura in certain places of your body. By being able to do this a person could equalise or overpower someone with a stronger aura. It also had benefits related to aura stamina and aura strength. If for example you put all your aura on your fist and you had fire aura and you placed your hand in a source of continuous flowing water you could train to make the fist burn even in its opposite element which mainly focuses on force at first but eventually over time would target your aura supply. The tougher the opposite element is would result in better training, in this case it would be colder water or even ice.

No one was successful in the application of advanced aura, Kami was close but he didn't bear any fruit. It was only natural as Kami had a lot of aura and couldn't really control it yet so he factored that in as Kami has wished to learn faster in the past, so this shouldn't be a problem for him. Everyone else got stronger aura and were able to use their opponents aura against them. A few were able to change auras faster.

With all the lessons done everyone was escorted to the cafeteria to eat dinner before being brought to their rooms. Kami was adamant about learning how to control the amount of aura he was releasing, throughout the dinner and when he got to his room he practised changing the thickness of his aura with all three elements he had until his reserves were done and he collapsed from exhaustion.

The sun had risen and the next day had begun. Another practical day. This time it was one lesson for the whole day. They were being taught how to learn another one of the four main auras. There were 4 large areas, one about fire with a fire burning, the other about water with a small swimming pool, the next was about earth with a lot of dirt and grass and the final one was about wind anyone doing wind was directed to go outside.

The lesson was split into 2 halves, the first half was getting to know the element. You would have to feel it or completely soak yourself in it remembering its feel. This was impossible to do with fire so there was a simple physics lesson on how fire is created and how it works and the student were told to gather round the [campfire and sing our campfire song, nah I'm playin'] the fire and feel the heat against there bodies.

Each student was only permitted to focus on one element until they could use it to make aura. They were all mainly brought to the opposite aura that they first used when they awakened aura, this was because the aura in your body that awakens first was the most dominant out of the 4 elements meaning that the opposite of that aura was the most weakest, so when one of the students learns how to use both their most dominant and most recessive auras, the rest are easier to learn as the most recessive was the hardest.

Only Kami himself knew what element was truly the most dominant but since the teacher saw him release lightning aura the previous day he was directed to Earth section, literally the dirtiest section of them all.

The second half of the lesson was learning how to put the first half into practise as their new aura. Each full lesson was 2 hours and there was 8 hours in total of learning each day so this was going to be repeated 3 more times. The people who awakened wind first were trying really hard so they didn't have to go back inside the pit of dirt, half of them managed, the other half didn't, hell was waiting for them in the dirt. You were told to form aura as if you had never done it before but instead of trying to spread an aura around you. The teacher said to imagine spreading the feeling you felt with your element from inside you to the outer layer of skin.

Most of the class picked this up after 1 or 2 tries of the lesson and managed to try and learn a new element. Kami after the first try had Earth down and was in the pool cleaning of the dirt on his body by the time the 2nd lesson had come around. For the rest of the lesson he was trying to learn water aura with 0 luck, Kami had awakened to fire aura first although he suppressed it and pulled out wind at the same to create lightning so he was bathing the element that was weakest in his body. The day ended, no luck.

Although it was impressive that Kami had 3 elements in such a short period of time, he wanted all of them. His reasoning was to see what happens when you mix every element but this was the most advanced form of aura, it was the strongest element possible from aura creating a distinct gold glow around your body and made it clear you were a master of aura, it required huge amounts of aura capacity and a lot of skill to not only pull it off but hold it up as it drained aura capacity the fastest.

Though the teacher hadn't taught anyone this yet, it was obvious it was possible if you kept mixing elements together. The rest of the next few days were spent with Kami learning to control and manipulate aura and gain the water aura.

Even though Kami's life was now less of a repeating script day by day with Lilith being able to focus on her aura training without Zelphar' constant bragging, Dix wanted a piece of Kami. After Zelphar's humiliating defeat by Kami, a Dix member meeting was held. The strongest 9 gathered to discuss Kami, there were actually 2 groups of Dix and each was given to the strongest of both the 1st years and the 2nd years. Though the 1st year members of Dix may come off as weak because of Zelphar, the top half were studying Aura before they arrived at Helix and were almost as powerful as the weakest 2nd year Dix member #10.

In the meeting they removed Zelphar from Dix with a complete unanimous vote and kept the spot open for when a new member could join at the end of the year. Membership was simple, at the end of the year a large scale aura tournament is held, it is split between the two years and 50 people from each year are put into a final tournament to see who the strongest in the school were. Members of Dix took up the top 20 positions, their new member would have to rank within the 20.

Though the members are not comrades and it is just a ranking they were given within the school, Dix couldn't let what happened to Zelphar slide, they had to prove that Zelphar was weak and Kami was nothing special by decimating him in a fight. Dix planned how they were going to humiliate Kami for a month whilst he was unaware and continued training.

A month soon passed and Kami was refining his skills. He was at the top of his class in every way of the word making Zelphar look like a bug to be squished, but he didn't flaunt his power. He wouldn't dare, he had not forgotten what Asmodeus had said to him and was preparing his strength to fight him. By this time Kami was an advanced country calamity, the reason Asmodeus' words scared him was because the seven deadly sins were beings that rivalled the gods themselves so he knew he wasn't lying about being weak. And right after the lust king had awoken he fought Kami on equal footing. Even when weakened severely Asmodeus was a country disaster level.

Kami felt that eventually such a being would be no problem for him but to the majority of the rest of the world, he had just released a plague with no cure and they had no idea. And there were 6 more that were either sealed or already free roaming around. This was no joke.

Kami took his mind off the potential doom of mankind knowing that he was currently working hard to become the cure to a incurable plague. Half a day had passed and Kami was relaxing in his room with Aiden, Colt and Lyon under the glimmer of the full moon when their was a loud knock on door followed by a letter that came from under the door entered the room marked for Kami.

He opened the letter it told him to sneak into one of the 1st year classrooms. He had no clue who wrote it but ignored the letter and went to bed to rest. It wasn't that he was scared of the person who sent it but he has been training the whole day like normal even after lessons and didn't want to have to fight against someone when he had minimal aura. In his mind if they wanted him, they would do the same thing the next day.

In anticipation for the letter he only used his aura in lesson time the next day and as he predicted a knock followed by another letter was done late at night.

Kami followed the instructions and was arrived in a room with 9 men and Liliana tied to a chair.

This angered Kami.

"What do you think you're doing to my party member" Kami voiced angrily, it had almost been 3 months but the first time he saw Liliana was with her tied to a chair surrounded by these shady figures

"I am Kythede, younger brother of the strongest aura user in the academy Poldras and  strongest 1st year Dix member" he began "We are Dix the ones standing before you, we want to ask you to obey us"

How long do you want the series to be? (The length of the story won't affect the pacing)
  • Around 100 chapters
  • 200-400 chapters
  • 500+ chapters
  • 1000 chapters(I mean I can try)
Total voters: 17 · This poll was closed on Jul 13, 2020 06:26 PM.
16