Chapter 72
35 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How did this happen" someone said

A large group of people with white wings and halos stood on white puffy clouds staring at a giant dressed in pure white laying motionless on the floor.

"Our lord... die?!" the same person gasped

He dropped to his knees out of fear, confusion and depression.

"Do we bury him? And where, no one has ever died here before" another asked "We are supposed to be immortal"

Commotion near the back of the group kicked off as a man ran towards the front.

"MY LORD!!!" Lucifer screamed as he hugged the motionless body of God that lay before him

He continued to mutter as if crazed as he squeezed the giants body.

All of a sudden trumpets sounded and angels flew down surrounding the giant.

"This place was ruled by the strongest. It makes sense that the strongest takes over" a descending angel explained

"OUR LORD JUST DIED AND YOU'RE THINKING ABOUT POWER?!" Lucifer screamed "DO YOU HEAR YOURSELVES. YOUR CREATOR IS DEAD!"

It makes sense. We can't revive the dead, so we need to plan for the future" Lex explained

The crowd that were listening began to murmur after hearing this. Lucifer started to calm down and focused on the situation that was starting. He had heard the majority of the crowd were agreeing so there was nothing he could do.

"As the second in command, I agree with this. We should move our lord to a place that is calm and no one may go there. I am among the strongest but I am not the strongest. Lex should lead" Lucifer announced

The murmuring continued and a few angels lifted the giant and carried him away from the area.

"If that is what you propose then that is how it shall be" Lex acknowledged

"From this day forth. Our new lord shall be Lex" Lucifer announced

The crowd clapped with their eyes still teary from their previous lord's death.

A month passed but Lucifer had been investigating. Their God can't die, something must've happened. Along with a team of people he could trust, he brought people to the body of God every day and studied everything completely dissecting the body.

"Lucifer, isn't this..." Azazel said whilst he spun blood in a glass cup

Notably, the gold blood had turned green.

"When that happens. Doesn't that mean there is poison in the bloodstream?" Gora asked

"Yes" Lucifer agreed "Someone plotted against our lord

"It is worth noting that this is from food poisoning. But its special, the animal was poisoned first and after a few alterations it only shows up in the bloodstream at least a month later. It was so well done God probably thought he was tired when he died" Azazel explained "It is a good thing you had us come every day or we would've never found out"

Azrael stepped forward and brought up something.

"Only two people are in charge of killing food and they are Lucifer and Lex. Now Lucifer basically forced us to keep coming after a week, if he wanted to get away with this he wouldn't of pushed. Now Lex put no effort into this at all and even suggested a takeover passively by using strength. I think he might've toyed with what he captured" Azrael noted

Lucifer's whole body shook as his face turned red and his aura turned purple from anger.

"LEX!!!!!" Lucifer started "I'M GONNA KILL YOU!!"

The group of angels with Lucifer originally lost interest in the matter but after realising there was foul play and it was used to usurp power, they were ready to end Lex's career.

"I Samael shall turn off the power spark" Samael said as he flew ahead

Everyone else lead by Lucifer charged forwards led by Lucifer to dethrone Lex. They burst into his power bubble and had the whole scene recorded.

"LEX! YOU PLOTTED AGAINST OUR LORD POISONING HIS FOOD AND THEN TAKING HIS THRONE USING ULTIMATE POWER AS AN EXCUSE. HOW DO YOU PLEA!" Lucifer bellowed

"Not guilty naturally" Lex laughed

Lex noticed he couldn't kill everyone on the spot within his power bubble and knew immediately what he said was important since everyone was listening.

"How exactly did I poison his food. Poison could never kill our lord" Lex explained

"You did it through the animals you caught and further made minor tampering so the chefs would not notice" Azazel spoke up

"If that is the case show me evidence" Lex said

The blood from the giant which was green and had been validated as their lords was shown.

"Aha!" Lex started "You take me for a fool. I know all of you have been 'studying' our lord's body for a month now. Supposedly to find what happened to him right?"

"Of course! What other reason would there be" Gora explained

Samael quickly rushed into the room and joined Lucifer.

"A month's worth of time. How do we all know that LUCIFER WASN'T USING THAT TIME TO GET RID OF ANY EVIDENCE OF HIM KILLING AND THEN STEALING ANY SECRETS OUR LORD HAD ON HIM!" Lex shouted "I bet he promised to give you all a cut and all you guys have to do is frame me"

Like that everything was reversed. No one knew they were visiting their lord's body this whole time. If they had made it a public matter they could've kept going but there was no going back now. The angels watching the situation were originally unswayed by both sides but Lex's words sealed the deal.

"In the name of our lord, I wage a holy war to avenge our God onto all the people present!" Lex screamed pointing his finger at Lucifer

0