Chapter 76
36 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They had a lengthy talk near the back of the stone pyramid until they heard rustling coming from the jungle at the front of the pyramid.

They fell silent and sneakily scaled the pyramid to see a few familiar faces. As they realised who they were looking at, their eyes widened.

"So Athers it's in here right?" Ayaka asks giddy

"Hope it is, or we would've spent days on end searching this mud island for nothing" Vhad responded instead

Ayaka maintained her eye contact on Athers until he nodded. Pocrea, Lukas, Athers, Ayaka, Akira and Vhad all stood next to each other eyeing the pyramid.

Lynx, Tama and Liliana immediately lowered their heads and lay behind the top of the pyramid.

"Pyria get down, they WILL spot you" Lynx explained sweating heavily

"What's so bad abo-" Pyria tried but realised there was no point

Lynx loved to fight and Tama never admitted she was weaker than anyone, but both of their attitudes change drastically when pitted against people who they are no match against. Their faces were full of sweat and their eyes showed almost complete fear.

Pyria listened quickly getting down.

"Who are they?" she asked

"Four of them are absolute monsters that can take out even Kami with ease. I'm not sure about the other two but the main problematic ones are those four" Liliana explained "They can use Mushoku"

Pyria showed the extreme shock on her face. She had never met anyone that could use it before and after seeing the fights between the angels she was well aware of how strong it was. Magic and aura couldn't even compare.

"That was months ago, they only knew the first stage, by now all of them might have unlocked the second stage" Lynx muttered

"Hey, do you hear that?" Pocrea asked "I can hear something behind this pyramid thing. And for a second there I felt killing intent"

"RUN!" Tama whispered

All four of them pushed off the wall of the pyramid with so much force that it shook violently. Tama activated her willpower allowing her to move faster, Liliana activated her watery aether and placed it all in her legs to speed herself up. Pyria activated her pure aether and created wings to fly away whilst Lynx put his fiery aether into his hands and legs and released it propelling him the furthest upfront.

Lynx, Tama and Liliana crashed straight through trees out of fear hoping to go the fastest way possible whilst Pyria still not understanding how dangerous they were slowed down to avoid them. Steam rose from the trees as the fire Lynx made were put out unintentionally by Liliana's water.

"I knew it" Pocrea smiled as she drew her nodachi "Let's go over there and play"

"No, this inheritance from Gora is more important" Athers voiced 

"How about only us stay back whilst you four explore, I haven't had a proper fight myself in ages and I'm kinda itching for one" Lukas proposed

"Fine, don't get lost just follow the steam they left behind" Athers said as he moved forwards with Vhad and Akira

He turned around realising he was hearing one pair of feet less than he should've been. Ayaka was missing.

"Pyria hurry up!" Liliana shouted "The chances of us getting away are already low"

"I know they're strong but they can't be THAT strong" Pyria responded

Now Tama turned her head to stare at her.

"They are the personification of death, escaping in itself like this is god given luck. Our chances of survival are 10%. And that's if we leave someone behind" Tama explained

Pyria better understood the situation but wasn't buying it. Noticing her face Tama continued on.

"Remember the calamities, Pocrea, Lukas and James? The people who could dominate anything they wanted in the world? They are called the catastrophes. Pocrea and Lukas joined and they are by far the weakest" Tama explained

Pyria had had run ins with Pocrea randomly destroying cities and towns when she was practicing magic. That was no joke. Now that she thought back, one of them resembled Pocrea and even if what Tama said was a lie, the way everyone was acting and the pure fact that Pocrea was actually there was enough for her to accelerate like never before catching up to the front runner Lynx.

As they were leaving the jungle to reach the beach they realised they were doomed.

"I did two laps around this island in the time it took you guys to do one. You guys suck at races" Ayaka breathed

Pocrea and Lukas next to her panted heavily whilst Ayaka stared at them with her hands on her waist. But she turned away to face the jungle before her to see the frightened faces of the four members of Styx fall into despair at the sight of the three already waiting for them.

"I did two laps around this wholeee big island and only now you come? I've been waiting for a while you know" Ayaka smiled licking her lips

If all the sins strength were demonic, Ayaka by herself was the hell they resided in. Her title as one of the catastrophe's was well earnt.

"We already had a 2% chance of us all escaping" Lynx sighed as he and everyone that was flying dropped down onto the sand.

Their goal? The sea in front of them.

0