Afterwards
86 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
FYI.  There were  Epilogue and Character Sheet chapters released on the same day as this one.  So, I hope you did not miss them since only one chapter showed under the site's Latest Updates.

 

To all the readers that have come this far with me, I give you my thanks.  I am the author, Wawanaoki.  

This is my first novel.  I am an ara’teri writer so it was a challenge to bring this fascinating story to life.  My goal was to make it fun for the reader and to weave in the things I liked into the story.  You might have noticed my fondness for video games, anime, science, engineering, science fiction and fantasy stories as you journeyed along with Kai and Yuni.  

I have been a closet writer for many years, but it took the Adventum Contest at ScribbeHub to convince me to write this novel and make it public.  It was curiosity that got me started, I just wanted to know if I could write one.  The contest required the story to cover one of three themes:  Town/Kingdom/Empire Building, Reincarnated as X (non-human) and Combination of Magic and Technology.  But instead of one, I incorporated all three themes since I wanted to see how hard it would be to do.  And as it turns out, it was very hard.  But somehow, it worked out in the end.

This story started with a simple premise.  What would an ordinary gamer from southern California do if he ended up isekiaed into another world?   A world where his modern scientific knowledge was useless and only his love for video games, anime, sci-fi/fantasy stories and engineering were the only reliable tools he could use to help him survive.  

Luckily, once I got started the story and the characters developed naturally.  Writing the main plot for the novel was a challenge, but that came together once the characters' backstories were done.  Placing chapter gags took a while as well.  I carefully tried not to spoil them since most gags were developed over several chapters.  If you figured it out early, congratulations you are a real tech sleuth.

I have read a lot of Japanese, Korean, and Chinese isekai stories.  Many were good, really good.  But many of them entertained thoughts, subplots and endings that I just did not get.  The cause was likely the difference between eastern and western philosophies on storytelling.  But I was not sure, sometimes viewpoints are just different and people simply agree to disagree.  Regardless, I thought that an isekai story with a modern american viewpoint was missing from the genre, so I wrote Isekaied.

Completing a novel length story was something that I had always wanted to do, but on top of that, I wanted to know if I had the courage to release it to the public.  I am glad I did.  Stories are written to be told or in this case, read.  So I hope you had as much fun reading it as I did writing it.

I want to give a special thanks to my family and friends who helped me to get this work done.  Thank you!  And a special shout out to Hwody!  Without his editorial input early on, this story might not have turned out the way it did.

Lastly, keep your quarters and arcade cards ready since Kai and Yuni will continue their journey.  There are still plenty of video game references, sci-fi/fantasy snippets, anime clichés, science facts and engineering knowledge that should be shared with everyone.  And also a few memes as well.

Once again thank you for reading this story. 

 

GLHF,

Wawanaoki

July 2020

1