cold3C1*High relevance assumptions become irrelevant with a single realization.
299 5 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
The monitor barely lit my room. Finally I finished writing the last word of the text and stretched out in the chair. I got up instantly while still listening to the "Zen" album by "Ebi" on my headphones. I moved instinctively towards the refrigerator, when I opened it, the artificial light hit my eyes and after a couple of seconds I realized that there was nothing there.
 
<< How strange, I remember filling the refrigerator a couple of days ago. A ... couple ... of ... days.Right? >> The gears in my head began to spin, and my bare feet hit the wooden floor as I quickly moved from one place to another. The cursor slid on the screen in the position of the date. I read "03/12/20" but that didn't make sense.
 
<< I see. 03. Huh? 03? How long have I been here? >> My steps became soft and I carefully slipped through the room to the bathroom. I turned on the light, I was dazzled again before I let my eyes see the reflection in the mirror. The man in front of me had not shaved in a couple of days, he was thin and there were two black bags under his eyes. << Yes, that's me. Or not? >> I pinched my cheeks. << Yes, that's me. >>
 
I took several silent steps until I reached the door. I remained watching the handle. I had no intention of opening the door, but I was still curious. << I wonder what the outside world will be like. >> My hand fell on my leg and I sat on the bed. << Everything must be the same. I just have to continue. Right? >> The monitor showed the text I had just written.
 
A notification came to the mobile phone. "Happy Birthday". It was an automatic notification of a dating application in which I had registered. Of course I had not opened it since then. I opened it again out of curiosity, but I didn't find anything waiting for me. In the list of people nearby there were several girls that I knew from school. << The school. Damn ... Hehm, it doesn't matter. I just have to continue with my own thing. >>
 
<< In a way, all these girls. They are nothing compared to me. Yes, I am a man, but I have seen so much of schoolgirls that I could be one myself if that were my wish. In fact, it could be so schoolgirl that real schoolgirls would have no choice but to accept me as a leader. >> The reflection on the black screen of the cell phone showed me as a schoolgirl, it was exactly as I imagined. << Yes, something like that >>
 
<< Although I don't have to forget how I really am. At the end of the day, that's my personality, everything I do is thanks to who I am. >> My cursor minimized the tab and I entered the web page that was on the side. There was nothing new, no comment, no reaction, nothing. << Now I just have to refresh. >> I pressed the F5 key, which had already stuck to my brain, but nothing changed on the page. << Connection error? >> Once again, and again. I continued pressing the F5 key for one hour. Until it finally happened.
 
<< A notification! >> "I have never read something so bad. 1/10" My cursor closed the page. It was weird, so far I had not received any kind of message, but still everything kept increasing with time. << What have I been doing? >> My hands quickly began to write my username in the search engine. When searching for anything, nothing appeared, a chill ran down my back.
 
The cold invaded the room. I began to hear the drops of water falling on the roof. << This can not be true. >> I had cheated myself all this time. My success was always artificial.
 
<< A chain of errors and misunderstandings. A set of people begins to raise the self-esteem of one of their users to increase the retention time on the page and therefore increase the amount of advertising. Everything you do or receive is not real, it is obviously an attempt to manipulate you and make you think that it is real. Subliminal, prone to the market. Another business in society. >> I got up dizzy, and walked aimlessly in search of my raincoat. I knew it was December and therefore it was cold. On my way I unplugged the computer and nervously entered the bathroom. I found my raincoat hanging from the bathroom curtain. A reflection greeted me in the mirror.
 
A girl dressed in her school uniform was wearing my raincoat. << Yes, that's me. >> I took several steps ignoring that fact and advanced until I reached the door. I picked up my phone and watched the application one more time. There was nothing there. << This is similar, but its objective is the opposite. The idea that there is hope keeps you there. I should have already found love, being who I am, there is no doubt about it. >> I said to myself as I smiled and opened the door forcefully.
 
A cold wind blizzard passed beneath my skirt. The rain could be seen protruding through the roof that covered the stairs of the apartment. I took several steps on the steel floor and walked to the lower floor. The world seemed empty, but I was hungry and determined to walk to the nearest supermarket.
3