cold3C2*Reality is a Reality TV show and I think everything is expensive. Right?
132 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I moved in the solitude of the street. The feeling of loneliness on the street reminded me of the album "A Shetland Farewell" by "Sommy", in fact, I could hear it in my head. It was that feeling of distance that existed in turn on my way to the supermarket.
 
<< Sometimes I feel like the world is empty, but it isn't very different from reality. If nobody sees you doing something and nobody remembers you, then you have never existed. The marks in the world and in the people who make up society are what affirms our own existence. If my only image of the world were this empty gray street, then I could affirm with certainty that the world is only composed of myself. But could another person say the same thing? >>
 
A memory invaded me. It had been a long time since I had observed the road from my apartment to the supermarket. I used to go through it when I went to school. << This place ... >> I went through here more than two hundred times, each of them did not mean anything. Sometimes the sun shone with intensity and sometimes several people accompanied me. Words came out of their mouths, things I forgot.
 
<< What is the point of making your life the most boring film? I wonder at what point the search for satisfaction and happiness encourages us to take such an unclear path. It is clear that, even so, I am not the best person to comment on. If someone saw my life, they would be bored instantly. If my life were a novel I could never read it, and I would not understand why anybody else would. >>
 
I let out a yawn. << I'm going to have to wash my school uniform ... although I don't plan going to school. >> My mind cooled down just like my head, I automatically walked like a robot in the street. Upon reaching the supermarket I could see the image of other human beings.
 
After my entrance my eyes went from the old woman who was going out of business with the umbrella in her hand to the girl who attended in one of the "boxes". She didn't seem to be older than me.
 
—Welcome. —She commented after seeing me. Trying to answer with a "Hello" my voice faded, and I could only duck my head in a shameful way as I walked towards the discount line subconsciously.
 
<< My main goal is canned food. Everything you can find. It is the one that has more longevity! In fact, it would be a blessing to be able to find sardines at a discount. They are already quite expensive being $ 2.44. If I could get them at $ 1.65 it would be optimal. >> I took a basket that was at the beginning of the row and started adding content.
 
<< Fruits are good, but I always have to eat them before time to meet the expiration date. >> As I went through the rows of the supermarket analyzing every detail of the products I heard a song that reminded me of the "Shop Channel" of the Nintendo Wii.
 
—Writer-kun? It's you?The hairs on my back bristled at the sound of my name. I turned around and greeted (correctly) the person behind me. Even so, that person passed by my side ignoring me. She approached a subject that was behind me and began to chat. << Someone with the same name? >> I lowered my hand slowly as I left the line with my head down.
 
<< Sometimes I feel like someone is making me a prank, but no, the world is "that fucked up". That's why I do not even bother about this kind of thing anymore. I just want to grab some chips and leave. >> This was my conclusion once I noticed that everyone was watching me because I was wet to the tights.
 
When I reached the small container that I stored and showed all kinds of chips, I was surprised. << Hey ... Is there more variety or does it seem to me? >> Colors, names, images, nothing seemed familiar to me. << How about the price? >>
 
— $ 2.61? Do they want to blow my head?I said to myself as I held the bag of potatoes in my hands. I was shaking with horror. << There are times when one has to make a great sacrifice. >>
 
<< But! >> I put the bag back in its location. << Maybe not this one. Another one. >> I bent down to observe the list once more. Minutes passed, I'm sure the person watching me through the security camera was quite concerned about my health.
 
<< ... This one! … No no. This one? The problem of making these sacrifices is to find something that fits the price, and to my tastes. >> Eventually I raised one that seemed to be perfectly fit, and with the potatoes in my hand I advanced until I reached the girl in the "boxes".
 
—T-This. —She began to pass the content through the scanner, and finally clarified the price.
 
—That will be $ 17.50. —My heart sank when listening to the price, but even so I prepared myself to pay. I started counting the money I carried with me in the form of a crumpled note and several coins. The final calculation: $ 15.
 
With the defeat on my face I grabbed the potatoes and put them back where they were. The price was now adjusted to what was on me, and the girl charged me without even showing a smile on her face.
 
<< Her life must be miserable. >> I told myself, but in the end I could not find out who I was talking about. << Me? >> << I'm fine. >> I picked up the plastic bag after paying and started the long walk to my apartment.
 
<< Damn, I should have bought a beer. >> It's not like I could have paid for it, but I still felt regretful. A long way was waiting for me back to the apartment, where things started to mix.
 
<< Robots. Do people who attend certain businesses do not look like robots? They seem programmed to say hello and goodbye. Even so, this seems to be the case in all situations. I remember that similar situations occurred in school. Earlier I mentioned how certain situations seemed like pranks. Can they be? Maybe right now I'm part of a television show or a social experiment. >>
 
While I was thinking about this, I raised my head to the sky and tried to show the best smile I could gesture. I raised my hand and waved at a fictional camera. << Just in case. >>
 
... Why is someone reading this? ...

2