Chapter 14: How to tame your Rhinearian Beetle
110 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The countenance of Dalis had . . . disfigured.

It was an appropriate outlook for a boy who had fallen a step into the wrong path. 

Sister Edna would be severely disappointed if she were to learn of the things he was thinking.

In any case, at the core, I still require an opening of where I could inflict it with terrorising pain. The exoskeleton of this beetle is simply too impregnable and impenetrable. I am unable to exploit where the other joints meet as I am not in reach.    

If possible, he would like to leave threatening the beetle’s face in combination with round 2 to a last resort. He wasn’t confident that he could pull it off, and the risk was too high.

Rhineeeee . . .

The whimpering and suffocating noises emitting from the beetle seemed to suggest that it was on the road to death. Though the speed of the beast had drastically decreased, it was still maintaining an adrenalised, impressive speed.

Dalis found this baffling. 

I sincerely hope this beast’s persistent preservation in speed in spite of the drop is due to tensions laxed in panic, and not because of its will to live. That would be too idiotic . . . 

Though the lax is part of it, the majority of the reason was exactly that. 

In Dalis’s heart, he found that to be an admirable thing contrary to the thoughts in his mind. Even if that was true or not.

Dalis let out a sigh inwardly, as doing it outside would generate more stress than some ounce of relief from the air pressure.

He kept guard and vigilance but fatigue was swelling, turning his eyes droopy and vision hazy, and his wet skin to turn pale in colour.   

To obtain more relief in an effort to clear his stressed wracked up mind, he began to use his legs to caress and feel the sleek, smooth surface of the beast’s abdomen. 

While the thick, hardened front wings, called elytra, had covered most of its body and its back wings providing it protection, the most lower parts roughly an ankle down were not. This was because it was in flight. 

The surface here in a way reminds me of those wool-filled bed mattresses back at the Orphanage. No . . . better, and this is quite soft too. How can such a hard shell be not only kind of craggy, yet smooth and be so soft?

Dalis glanced over to the hovering frontal wings and froze.

He wanted to slap himself in the face.

The weakness was there all along! 

Due to the accumulation of ordeals, especially when dealing with its ‘armour’, he had missed the fact that underneath the armour was soft tissue! 

It was open to the surface when its wings were out. And that would not be missed if it weren’t for the beast crazily and rapidly flapping its wings, diverting almost all the attention and covering the skin. 

Letting out a soft chuckle, a gleam shone in his eye. Dalis rested his head close to its neck and whispered in an eerie voice, ‘For your own wellbeing, I suggest you heed my command . . .  otherwise, hehehehe.’ Limb Reversal.

The beast did not catch Dalis’s words as they were said too quietly, but it felt something else. 

It felt a sudden piercing cold run through its spine. How could this be? The beast was essentially a heated sauna from all the extraneous activity. 

Could it be because it was on the verge of death? 

While its energy expenditure had exhausted quite the fuel and the coil around its neck made it difficult for it to breathe, it would still take a fair amount of time for it to actually be that fatal in condition.

Confused, it slowed down its speed by a quarter and carefully rotated its head to look to the back. However, the rotation of swinging of its head mid-motion had abruptly turned into a violent jerk as pain had coursed through the very place he felt the mysterious cold.

At the juncture of where its head had been jerked, it met a horror that far exceeded the sight of when Dalis had played with the calpufer herbs in an evil manner. 

With its eyes wide open in terror, the Rhinearian Beetle saw, at the back of where Dalis’s legs had reached its weak spot, Dalis’s legs squirming around and eerily in between each of its big toe and toe next to it hold a pristine stalk of a calpufer herb.

The toes, as if noticing that its victim had finally come face to face with them, one of the foots began to rise in the air for a moment, before hammering straight down to its skin. 

Rhine! 

The beetle let out a squeal of pain. 

Then.

The same thing happened again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

Rhine!!

The pain wouldn’t threaten death, but it still felt like a sharp needle from a needle injection. 

“The show has only just begun.”

Rhine?!!

The other foot, which had been squirming left and right, as though it was chortling at the beast’s misery had suddenly turned firm as a soldier. 

A familiar movement took place. 

The foot’s movement and appearance was a splitting image of its brother, and like a mirror image to reflect its other, it synchronised its actions as this foot and the other held the stalk of calpufer herb into the air.

Then. 

The stalks hammered down.

And again.

And again.

And again.

Rhine!! 

The acute pain was something else, but bearing witness to Dalis’s actions any longer was something that it couldn’t handle. 

“I said. The show has only just begun.” 

The beast’s neck locked. The deathly chain that coiled around its sore neck was about as tight as when Dalis had tried steering it: regardless of its will, it would be unable to move or budge. 

Head locked, the Rhinearian Beetle’s eyes hovered away from the torturing table and met its gaze to the owner of the chamber. 

Dalis’s neck was craned and in perfect view, granting a full look at his face. 

The most conspicuous part was his cheeks; the glistening wet flabs looked enlarged and chubby, makeovered into ugly from the gale air pressure.

The brows of his were tense, but seemingly relaxed to match the ‘happiness’ that formed through the smile of his face.

From how slanted the lips were, it looked somewhat off. By the second, the corner of his lips on the right, stretched down  . . . and turned sinister. Blood flowed down like a canal from that corner, trickling down to his meaty, sweaty right cheek. Down as it trickled down onto the beast's neck. 

Dying the tri-section staff red.

It was as if Dalis was in the process of making a blood contract, with the coil as its medium to establish the link with the beast.

Rhine!! Rhine!! Rhine!! Rhine!! 

The beast had gone insane again, flying madly in mindless directions to try thwart off Dalis’s forced torture segment. However, the channel’s remote control was in Dalis’s hand.

No matter how much the beast tried to wriggle and struggle, it could only accept its fate to endure and writhe in dreadful agony as Dalis moved his finger toes, pressing the leaves to gently sweep its feeble back like a broomstick.

Like a magician entitled to be on the big stage, his performance had shocked the audience through a grand display of a magic trick.

The two herbs that were held immaculately, like a pair of silver utensils, had suddenly multiplied by two out of thin air! Each side now having another of its kind next to it, situated through the gaps of his toes closest to the big toe. 

That was when the Rhinearian Beetle realised that the torture show had yet to even reach half way through its performance.

RHINEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Up in the sky, echoing miles of land, resounded the pitched screams of a Rhinearian Beetle. Following each scream, a shadowed faint, derisive laugh. 

 

Skill- Limb Reversal Lv 1. Cooldown 5 minutes. Duration 5 minutes. You can temporarily switch the proficiency of using your limbs. Your arms will act like legs and your legs will act like arms. Cost 0.

Short chapter! Nevertheless, I hope everyone enjoyed it!

 

11