Chapter 1: The Beginning of Story
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One peaceful village living near a kingdom of Laystone,there was a little girl named Lorita who's playing with her friends and her big brother in a shallow tree, Lorita was such a young girl filled with dreams and happiness, the village was filled with people who's not that rich, not that poor, they help each other to surpass every single problem they faced. But one night, a huge hoards of unknown people and creatures who are being summoned crushed and killed all the guards and wasn't able to fight back, the enemies throw torches at the wooden roofs causing the people lived in there to get burned inside. People are getting slaughtered and even kids, Lorita's brother an father joined the fight to hold the enemies, only Lorita and her mother managed to escape, they hide in the forest very far from the village.

Mother: Stay close and quiet.

Lorita saw the villager running away for their lives while the evil creatures either ate them or kill them, the soldiers of Laystone arrived with huge numbers and killing all the enemies, a man who wears a furry white cloth was leading the army of enemies but he disappeared after he killed some of the soldiers of Laystone, after the enemies are killed, only few villagers survived, Lorita and her mother go near the soldiers for safety, they comeback and saw her brother was pierced with swords and arrows while her father was kneeling and dead with a pierced spear on his back, her mother cried, they refuge to the kingdom of Laystone because the village was no longer safe.

Mother: We will live here and have a new start, mother will never leave you.

Lorita and her mother live in an inn where her mother will work as a cook, she was able to live a happy new life with new friends, she visit her brother and father's grave every week to look at them, she sometimes look at the kingdom to explore while her mother is working, she faced a girl wearing a red jacket and smells like blood all over it, the girl; holds a giant black sword, Lorita looked at her eye to eye.

???: Hi there little girl, are you lost?

Lorita:...

???: Oh, was the blood scaring you? Sorry, I just finished a hunting work, don't be scared, I don't mean to scare you.

Lorita: Where are you going?

Lorita became calm after the girl has no intention to hurt her, she talked to the girl even if she was scared from her red eyes.

???: I'm going to the capital, I was hoping to get some money in exchange to my work, well, I'll be going to there now, be careful little girl, a place like this is a dangerous place when you're all alone, try to have a friend walking with you, I faced enough bad guys to abduct kids for no good reason. What's your name?

Lorita:...

???: Don't worry, I will not do anything bad to you, I'm just worried that you might come in trouble.

Lorita: I'm Lorita.

The girl closed her eyes and trying to think something or concentrating.

???: Hmm... Okay, Lorita, be careful out here, I'll be going now, bye.

The girl waves her hand as a sign of goodbye, Lorita continues to explore the place with her cautious up. After a an hour of exploring, she walks back and got home, she saw her mother waiting outside and holding a huge basket.

Lorita: Mother, I'm home.

Mother: I'm glad you're safe.

Lorita: Mother, I've met a weird lady.

Mother: Now now, tell me everything you see after we get inside our room, I've made your favorite and I know that you D\don't want to eat you food cold.

They get inside and talk while eating.

While the mother and daughter was already home, the unknown girl with a jacket, she walk inside the castle and get payed and walk away, she cleaned her self and her clothes from a nearby river outside the kingdom and she was all alone because of the dark night, she came back to the kingdom and starts to find a decent place to sleep, she stops by an inn hoping she may take a rest there for a day. She put her massive sword to her scabbard from her back and walk inside.

She saw only people was there now, she saw the inn keeper from the table.

Inn Keeper: Hello there young lady, How may I help you?

The Inn Keeper greet her with a cheerful manner so he do the same.

???: I'm sorry to bother but is there  space to take a rest for the night?

Inn Keeper: Ah yes.

???: How much?

Inn Keeper: That'll be 3 copper coin for a day.

???: That's cheap.

Inn Keeper: Well, we're not that fancy to higher our price, so we will just match it to our current state.

???: Okay.

She payed for five days which is equal to 15 copper but she payed 2 silver which is equal to 30 copper coin.

???: Keep the change.

Inn Keeper: Thank you, your name please.

???: "I still don't know my  name"... Layla.

Inn Keeper: Enjoy your stay here miss.

The girl walk upstairs and heard the same voice on the other side of her room, it's the little girl's voice talking to her mother. She lay her head to the table and look at a small plant in the pot  standing on the table, she waves her hand and it moves like a worm.

???: What am I? Who am I?

She stand up from the chair and head to the bed.

Lorita and her mother go to sleep. The other day, Lorita goes down the from her room and head for breakfast, the Inn Keeper was very nice that he take her and her mother like his family.

Lorita head to the kitchen and she saw that her mother was cooking there with the Inn Keeper's wife Nora.

Nora: Good morning Lorita

Lorita: Good morning Nora.

Mother: Your food is ready, eat now before the food gets cold.

Lorita sits on the table while her mother and Nora cooks, the Inn Keeper who's name is Shawn was cleaning the empty tables, a new day will start.

 

1