Chapter 3: A threat is Near
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lorita finished crying and set the flowers on top of her brother and father's grave where she pray for a minute.

Lorita: Father, Brother, I hope you are living in peace now.

???: Don't worry, they are.

Lorita: I hope you guide us in safety, we will be together someday.

???: Don't worry, they can wait forever, I feel that they are trying to say that they are watching over you and your mother as far as they can.

Lorita: How can you know?

???: I don't know either, I just... feel it. It's already getting dark, we should go now, I feel that there are wandering spirits in this place at night. Do you ever see a spirit before?

Lorita: No, because mother said that spirits are sometimes harmless or sometimes harmful too. How about you?

???: Well, when I remembered something, my grandpa said that sometimes yes they are harmful but not all of them.

Lorita: How do you know?

???: I don't know. Let's talk while we walk back to the inn, we might get in trouble.

They walk back to the capital and heading back to the inn, Lorita looked at the girl's hips, it has a short sword in her left and right hip with a gem that must me a chain magic gem that was attached to the end of the handle.

Lorita: What's your name?

???: I don't really know, But I was told by my other one that I was a duplicate from the real one... but as a duplicate, I can't remember any single thing that the real one has.

Lorita:...

???: I'm sorry to confuse you but it really is, but I feel like I have the same feeling and emotion as the real one.

Lorita:...

???: Don't worry, I'll tell you everything that I remember, you may call Layla for now.

Lorita: Okay... Layla?

Layla: Yes?

Lorita: Thanks for saving me from that scary man.

Layla: Well, hurting an innocent is something I hate-

Layla stopped walking when she felt a strong heavy force coming from the inn. Layla hold the shoulders of Lorita to stop her from moving.

Lorita: What's the matter?

Layla carried Lorita and run towards the inn, she opened the door and saw Shawn and Nora was completely unhurt and just fell asleep using some kind magic, but she feel even more stronger magic than the one that she fell on the two. She kicked the door where Lorita's mother is at the floor with a bleeding arm, there was a man standing and holding a sharp Gauntlet Sword that emits a neon purple smoke.

???: I just told you, I'll kill if you don't fight me.

Layla: You're... you're the same guy?!

???: You should've end me right after you met me. I'll give you a chance, kill me... or I'll kill her, don't worry, your mother is still alive, but her soul is in my hand, shell decay every second, she'll slowly feel the death and pain until she's nothing but bones and worms.

Layla: No!

Layla pulled her two short swords  and attacked the man, it jumped down the window and so Layla followed her.

Layla: Take care of your mother!

They reached the town square, Lorita run downstairs but she got tripped and fell from the stairs, her leg was hurt but she stands up to wake up Nora and Shawn.

Lorita: Shawn! Nora! Wake up, mother is in trouble.

Layla: EVERYONE STAY AWAY!!!

Guard 1: We need some support here! There's an intruder in the town square.

Guard 2: We need backup now!

Layla: No don't! He can kill many in seconds. Tell everyone to stay out in the town square!

Guard 2: Okay.

The two guards ride their horses and alert everyone to stay out of the town square for safety,  when the square is all clear, Layla pulled her massive sword and fight her freely without the problem of hitting anyone, the backup guards are blocking all the passage the intruder can escape because they saw that the man was very strong that it matches or even surpass Layla that just finished a ogre termination.

???: Too slow!

The man kicked her in the side because Layla's sword was too heavy for her to swing fast, the short sword was too weak to destroy a hard covering like armor in her body like he was made out of a hard iron.

Lorita woken up Nora and Shawn from their sleep.

Shaw: What happened?!

Nora: Your leg, what happened?!

Lorita: Mother!

Lorita run upstairs to show that that her mother is in pain.

Nora: Shawn, give me warm water and a towel  to stop the bleeding.

Shawn: Okay!

Shawn run downstairs to get some towel and some warm water and head back to the room.

Nora treat the wounds of her Lorita's  mother to avoid getting worst.

Layla was struggling because the man can use dark magic and she wasn't able to get near him and have a right time to strike, but the man was not attacking and just looking at her like he was planning on something, suddenly a huge summoning circle appeared from where he was standing, the man closed his eyes.

Layla: This is the right time to strike!

Layla charged toward the man with her three sword was ready to thrush and pierce in him, when Layla stepped inside the circle it glows in a bright green light.

???: Just in time.

Layla: What?

The circle began to get brighter making everyone who see it gets blind for a matter of minutes, when they were able to see again, the man, Layla and the circle was gone. The wound of Lorita's mother stopped bleeding after it was treated but her mother is still in pain because the curse is still in her, Layla's location was unknown and wasn't able to track her presence nor the energy of the summoning circle.

Lorita: Layla, please help my mother and free her from the curse, she's the only parent I have, please help us, brother, father.

1